• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Expo Livestream

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
summer-of-gaming-ign-bfa52.jpg

2022's IGN Expo will take place on June 10 and will feature new announcements, never-before-seen gameplay, and exclusive gaming reveals.
There will be world premieres, interviews, exclusive announcements, and more.

⚠️ Live at 9am PT/12pm ET/5pm BST ⚠️

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
80's television GIF by vhspositive

Remember folks go to your favorite game news website about 2 minutes AFTER the show ends to save yourself a ton of cringe and wasted time.

Arachnid

Looking like pixelated indy trash fest today.

Oh well. Time to rewatch the RE4make and Calisto Protocol trailers.

amigastar

Oh this comes as a surprise. Will watch it.
Would be cool to see something from Ghost Song.

Last edited:
Wait, why are people coming into this thread expecting AAA big blockbuster titles for the IGN expo? And then becoming disappointed because it's not that?

Why put such high expectations on this showing? Is this your first time watching?

Wildebeest

I had to have a nap part way through, but I think I can deal with this show. Lots of trailers, not too self-indulgent.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
So there is a game set in a futuristic Amazon where you get to pee in a water bottle. Um OK. Really from the bit I saw, this is just a bunch of crap I wont ever play.

jaysius

Banned
This demo was out before, the fonts need a ton of work ,and some parts of it are really rough, but it's one of the best Metroidvania's coming soon. It tries too hard to pretend to be hard when mashing will get the job done, there's an unnecessary required parry to kill some enemies.

That was “not E3”, we need the real e3 back
Literally 60%-70% of last 6 years of each E3 have had AA, B, and Indie games. This forum just very rarely covers them. I understand you guys are starving for content due to an underwhelming Summer Games Fest presentation, but let's not pretend like this this wasn't already E3. You will all get your bombastic MTX filled AAA content on Sunday. Until then, just expect plain old video games.

Kev Kev

Literally 60%-70% of last 6 years of each E3 have had AA, B, and Indie games. This forum just very rarely covers them. I understand you guys are starving for content due to an underwhelming Summer Games Fest presentation, but let's not pretend like this this wasn't already E3. You will all get your bombastic MTX filled AAA content on Sunday. Until then, just expect plain old video games.
who do you always say "you guys" and "you will all get" like your not one of us. and your always taking the opposing stance in every thread like its your job. i dont think ive ever seen you agree with someone on here lol. like you only ever pop out of your hole to try and be the "akchtually" guy :messenger_grinning_squinting:

well anyway, enjoy the rest of "not e3" if you love it so much.

who do you always say "you guys" and "you will all get" like your not one of us. and your always taking the opposing stance in every thread like its your job. i dont think ive ever seen you agree with someone on here lol. like you only ever pop out of your hole to try and be the "akchtually" guy :messenger_grinning_squinting:
Because usually it's fun for me to play devil's advocate sometimes to get a good discussion. I don't do just one thing all the time though, you can look at my posts for proof.

Also, I honestly just enjoy video games. Always have. Seeing all of these games regardless of them being AA, indie, or B games, reminds me of being a kid again and thinking of how I would have reacted if I saw all of this at a younger age. I'm just not the type to just always join in on hate trains and say 'yes, everything sucks, E3 sucks, AAA games suck, indie games suck, people suck, you suck, I suck, we all suck' and call everything woke. That's just boring. And on top of that I'm just not jaded like a ton of people here. That is why I say 'some of you' or 'you guys'. I mean, look around, it's not hard to see people complaining. It's constant. It's the same as having to always keep everything nice, PG-13, and cordial and play nice on the other site. So many here have boxed themselves into 'well, I'm not them, I don't like them, so I'll act and be the exact opposite' like those people will ever come here to see how someone here is 'dunking' on them. It's dumb, it's fun, but it's dumb. 🤷‍♂️

well anyway, enjoy the rest of "not e3" if you love it so much.
I will man, thank you.

I hope I'm not leaving too bad of an impression on you. I'm just a guy, and this is just a forum. It's fun to interact, agree, disagree, and discuss things here. If I'm rubbing you the wrong way, you're simply taking me way too seriously.

Fbh

I still feel like the selection this year has been specially bland.
I like AA and indie games, stuff like Outer Wild, Hollow Knight, Hades, Death's Door, Sifu, etc have been some of my favorites in recent years (also super hyped for Sea of Stars)

But I was just looking at all the trailer over on the Gametrailers youtube channel and out of all the indie/smaller scale stuff that has been shown I think only The Plucky Squire looked appealing to me

I still feel like the selection this year has been specially bland.
I like AA and indie games, stuff like Outer Wild, Hollow Knight, Hades, Death's Door, Sifu, etc have been some of my favorites in recent years (also super hyped for Sea of Stars)

But I was just looking at all the trailer over on the Gametrailers youtube channel and out of all the indie/smaller scale stuff that has been shown I think only The Plucky Squire looked appealing to me
On a few of them I agree. I think the bigger issue is that a lot of indie devs don't really have anyone to cut trailers for them so they end up either mimicking AAA trailers or cutting together something that looks like it was meant for a 6-10 second tiktok video, giving you barely enough visual information to be interested. I tend to look some of the games up afterwards for extended gameplay looks and they show way better that way.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fbh

Wildebeest

These events are exhausting because there are so many games now and a lot of them are simply not doing enough to stand out. But it is not like all those smaller developers would combine like voltron to create one AAA megagame if there was no outlet for their smaller projects. It just a sign of it being so expensive and marginally profitable to chase that traditional big budget single player experience market.

Last edited:
Top Bottom