• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Final Fantasy 14: The Story So Far

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Thinking about jumping into Final Fantasy 14 for the first time but have no idea what's going on? We've got you covered. Here's the entire FF14 story so far, which encompasses one complete overhaul, three expansions and a whole lot of crystals.

Final Fantasy XIV was first released back in 2010, but was met with negative response and in turn, had its servers taken offline. The game returned under a new name, now dubbed "A Realm Reborn" and has gone on to become one of the most popular MMORPGs of all time. Now, seven years later, FFXIV has three major expansions -- Heavenswards, Stormblood, Shadowbringers -- and a fourth -- Endwalker -- which is slated for this year.

FF14 is currently available on PC and PlayStation 4. A PlayStation 5 version recently went into open-beta with a full release planned for later 2021.

didn't notice this before, but great video.

and of course, for those who want a little more in depth on the game's fall from grace and subsequential rise, both NoClip and Speakers Network have some great documentaries on that too. they are a rather long watch but the real life story of how this game came to be what it is today is one of the best story in the industry in my option.

of course, for something a little more light hearted and easy watching, you can go with this one :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Jeeves

didn't notice this before, but great video.

and of course, for those who want a little more in depth on the game's fall from grace and subsequential rise, both NoClip and Speakers Network have some great documentaries on that too. they are a rather long watch but the real life story of how this game came to be what it is today is one of the best story in the industry in my option.

of course, for something a little more light hearted and easy watching, you can go with this one :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Can vouch for the NoClip documentary.

Insane what this game has gone through. You don't hear about this kind of thing happening in the game industry.

I feel really sorry for the No Man's Sky team when I read this comment.

NMS is also a similar story with a great redemption arc too. but I think the difference here is that NMS is more of the story of a somewhat small dev team kinda deal while FFXIV is more the story of a whole big company messing up and turning things around, all while owning up to the mistakes.

Top Bottom