• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Stellar Blade has racist artwork which will be removed with the day one patch

That's what I don't get. They ain't exactly leaving a lot to imagination with this.....

stellar-blade-all-outfits-and-how-to-unlock-them-2.large.jpg
Stellar-Blade-17.jpg
Technically she is dressed from head to toe.

Topher

Gold Member
If censorship doesn't stop being stupid, it's the reason why it's better that Sony doesn't buy them and they stay comp associated.

Possibly many costumes were redesigned with censorship in mind and we don't know it

I mean.....we can speculate wildly if we want but that's really useless. We have an known instance of an outfit that was changed. We can make some logical assumptions about why that happened, but that doesn't mean the assumption is correct. Since this has a lot of folks pissed off then I think Shift Up and/or Sony should offer an explanation. None of it really makes any sense.

I don't think Sony buying Shift Up would be good for anyone other than whoever owns Shift Up.

Thorpe

Yeah, this stinks. It doesn't stop the game from being enjoyed as it is, but does put a slight crack in terms of the hype/promos/discussions they have done up to this point. Looks like the director was asked the question during a launch event and was aware of the issue. Based off the translation, he says that ultimately - the final changes/modifications up to this point (Day one patch and previous patches from 1.0) is what they consider the final product (He mentions he knows this likely isn't the answer the users want to hear). You can interpret that any way you want, but it was phrased in the best way they can from a PR point. However, he does mention that they are having internal discussions regarding this. Not sure if this means potential changes based on the news or if they will put out an official announcement regarding this.

Other folks have also noted the Gore/Blood is heavily changed too, especially in terms of it splashing on EVE. I'm sure we'll see more changes that people will notice, but it does look like those with the physical version can likely play this as long as you don't patch it. I'm still curious on the physical version since it is still early and not many people have fully vetted if that is the way to go (Plus, preventing the patching process is annoying as hell - you basically have to remove internet access capability from the PS5). It'll probably take a few days to see the Before (1.0) vs After changes pretty much. That and validation on if the unpatched physical claim is legit. If so, I can probably see that being a tad more valuable to collectors lol

I have a feeling that they likely did an all-in-one version for all regions/territories and this was what they had to do ultimately. Doing it this way would include publisher and any other ratings/regional/review process too. This type of editing reminds me of the Tokyo Mirage Sessions controversy where it was inconsistent in terms of what was changed.

Aenima

Been playing the game unpatched and it runs great. Just turn off the internet in the console network settings, insert the disk and it will install. So far i only unlocked 1 aditional outfit and its a recolor of the main outfit. Game is amazing, loving every second.

jason10mm

Gold Member
As a lifelong suthern' boy I've only ever said "hard-R" in reference to a graphic rated R film. "N-word with the hard-r" is a phrase I've heard on VERY rare occasions but really, "n-word" just means that already and "N-word ending with a" just isn't anything a non-black person would reference anyway.

But now I wanna play this game to try to find 2 unrelated 8s in the scenery to line up, or maybe if there is damage find something doing "88" damage just to highlight how dumb all this is.

And I just bought a hard copy from amazon, I want dem free range "hard-R" boobies :p

Top Bottom