• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: The Best Nintendo Switch Controllers - Budget to Best

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In this episode of Budget to Best, we’re showing some love to the Nintendo Switch’s best third party controllers! Sure, Nintendo may have their own options when it comes to options like Nintendo’s own Pro Controller and several different colors on their Joy-cons, but for those of you looking for more, what are the best Nintendo Switch controllers out there that fit other budgets?

Today, we take a look at the Horipad Nintendo Switch Wired Controller, the 8BitDo Pro 2, and the PowerA Fusion Pro! If you’re looking for our Top 3 picks for alternative Nintendo Pro Controller options, you’ve come to the right place! This is IGN’s Budget to Best!

00:00 - Intro
01:20 - Horipad Nintendo Switch Wired Controller
03:06 - 8BitDo Pro 2
04:57 - PowerA Fusion Pro
06:54 - Comparisons and Wrap-Up

I was kind of looking at the Power A Fusion Pro for the Switch. I didn't realize the rear buttons all came off as a unit, that's handy for the odd game I don't need paddles in.

Kumomeme

i been using 8bitdo Pro 2 controller on pc. it is really good. aside the material like the plastic and the trigger build which is obviously not on same level as more expensive premium looking controller, but the rest is great. it can be either wired(by plug in usb c), charged battery or even use AA battery. it come with great software too.

they even released xbox version of it.

ultimate-wired-controller-for-xbox.gif

wired-pro2.jpg

sn30pro_xcloud.png

Last edited:

JimboJones

The power A controllers are a pretty decent third party controller.
Now the one I got, the battery died within about 8 months, still worked but essentially became wired only.
They did send me a replacement pretty quickly so their customer service is pretty good too 👍

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Just buy a Magic-NS 2, it supports so many controllers and so many systems, so with a DS4 for example you get both rumble and gyro support wirelessly:

I played all of Odyssey with a DS4 before I put down money for a Pro Controller.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Bought the hori controller a while back and haven't touched the joycons since.
Feel like with the adapters, there’s zero reason to buy a switch pro controller. Especially since Sony stuff goes on sale (well last gen before Covid) so often. Saw DS4 controllers on a fairly regular basic for $40.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Hey fellow accessory addicts…

Got one of these in today from Amazon

Quick impressions:
For big hands this (much like their large split pad pro) is AWESOME! Feels great connected to the switch in hand held mode!

Headphone jack on the controller with audio controls is a great touch as well!

I wish it were wireless but the “pro” mode is wired only.

Top Bottom