• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: The Biggest Games Coming in 2022

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

With the new year fast approaching and many new game releases on the horizon, it’s time to look ahead at some of the biggest upcoming games of 2022. From PC, Xbox, PS5 and all your other favorite gaming platforms, there’s some amazing titles for everyone to look forward to in the coming year.

Everyone seems hyped for Elden Ring, and many are eagerly awaiting Horizon Forbidden West and God of War Ragnarok as well. The new year will bring us a Saints Row reboot, Breath of the Wild 2, and the latest Borderlands game, Tiny Tinas Wonderlands! Perhaps you’re looking forward to playing Rainbow Six Extraction, Warhammer 3, or maybe even Plague Tale Requiem. If none of those interest you, don’t forget we have Crossfire X, Lost Signals, Company of Heroes 3, Homeworld 3, and Sonic Frontiers coming your way in 2022. Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin and LEGO Star Wars the Skywalker Saga both launch in the spring, alongside Stalker 2 and Kirby and the Forgotten Land. Last but not least 2022 brings us Arc Raiders, Splatoon 3, Ark 2 and Outlast Trials.
Outlast, elden ring, coh 3,stalker 2 and extraction for me.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

2022 is shaping up to be an unbelievably exciting year in video games. Fromsoftware, creator of Dark Souls and Sekiro's hotly anticipated Elden Ring is on its way, Nintendo's sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Bethesda, creator of Skyrim and Fallout finally releasing a new IP in Starfield, and Ghostwire: Tokyo finally seeing a release in 2022 are just a few of the year's hot titles. So, sit back, relax, and check out GameSpot's most anticipated games of 2022.

Timestamps:
0:10 - Horizon Forbidden West
0:54 - Starfield
1:31 - Rainbow Six Extraction
2:06 - Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
2:46 - Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
3:19 - Bayonetta 3
3:46 - Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
4:29 - Redfall
5:05 - Dying Light 2
6:04 - Elden Ring
7:06 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
7:55 - Forspoken
8:31 - Ghostwire: Tokyo
9:09 - God of War: Ragnarök
9:45 - Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp
10:16 - Gotham Knights
10:47 - Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
11:27 - Marvel's Midnight Suns
11:56 - Pokémon Legends: Arceus
12:51 - Splatoon 3

AlexxKidd

Horizon is my most anticipated game of the last TWO years, so that's an easy No. 1 for me

Also, this list is missing the PS5 version of Witcher 3. Any list without that doesn't speak my language.

Y0ssarian

Banned
Where is Gran Turismo 7?

Definitely:
- Starfield (Game Pass)
- Redfall (Game Pass)
- Horizon Forbidden West
- Elden Ring (preordered the 1337 edition)
- The Legend of Zelda: BotW 2
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus

Maybe:
- God of War Ragnarok (haven't played GoW 2018 yet)
- Ghostwire Tokyo
- Forspoken
- Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins (Wasn't a huge fan of the demo)

Last edited:
for me it's Elden Ring, Hogwarts Legacy, BOTW2, Starfield.

i'm not sold on the new Pokémon game. if we get Forza 8 this year then that will be amazing. The only other game coming out i will buy is Horizon Forbidden West but i'll wait for the complete edition and get it on PS4. Might even wait for the PC version which we all know is coming.

Last edited:

Alpha Male

Considering the games that are actually known and are "supposed" to release this year:

Starfield
Horizon
God of War
Zelda
Elden Ring
Dying Light
Tiny Tina
Mario + Rabbids
Sniper Elite

Top Bottom