• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: The Wii Biggest, Weirdest Legacy Is Its Music

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Despite ushering in motion controls, Miis, balance boards and more, the Wii's greatest living legacy might be its music, which has become a force of its own in the years since the console itself disappeared. The Wii Shop music, Mii Channel Theme and more have taken on a life of their own as memes, remixes, covers - they might even be affecting the wider music world as a whole. We spoke to musicians and comedians about what makes it so enduring (and so funny).

Kilau

I honestly never liked those songs, very grating. To each their own though, I know lots of people love them.

MrA

I honestly never liked those songs, very grating. To each their own though, I know lots of people love them.
not liking them I can understand but I find the claim of grating a bit odd since they use like the least harsh, and dullest of sounds

Kilau

not liking them I can understand but I find the claim of grating a bit odd since they use like the least harsh, and dullest of sounds
They all got on my nerves eventually but yeah I found the shop music in particular grating, it starts out with a very annoying effect and just continues.

I also just have a disdain for midi type sounds when there is no technical reasons to use them, older hardware music is excluded and I love a lot of that.

MrA

They all got on my nerves eventually but yeah I found the shop music in particular grating, it starts out with a very annoying effect and just continues.

I also just have a disdain for midi type sounds when there is no technical reasons to use them, older hardware music is excluded and I love a lot of that.

seem pretty soft to me, but maybe it's down to a difference in hearing

Top Bottom