• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Top 10 PS3 Games

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In light of the PlayStation 3 turning 15 years old, we're celebrating the console's anniversary by counting down the top 10 PS3 games of all time.

1:10 Street Fighter IV
1:43 Ratchet & Clank
2:20 Batman Arkham City
3:20 LittleBigPlanet 2
3:40 Portal 2
4:15 GTA V
5:00 Dark Souls
5:50 Red Dead Redemption
6:30 Uncharted 2
7:20 The Last Of Us

Banjo64

cumsessed
Here’s mine since nobody asked;

Demon’s Souls
The Last of Us
Uncharted 2
God of War 3
Dark Souls
Journey
Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus
Little Big Planet 2
Fallout New Vegas
Arkham Asylum

Not included the HD trilogy ports, Ico, SotC etc

Mr Hyde

PS3-version of Dark Souls is absolute shite. Runs like shit in Blighttown and other areas. Awesome game but wouldn't put it in a top 10 list of PS3. Technical issues needs to be addressed too when making lists like this. I mean, I don't see Skyrim on this list and it's the game of the generation for many players. And where the fuck is Demon's Souls?

EDIT: God of War 3 missing? What kind of crappy list is this?

Last edited:
PS3-version of Dark Souls is absolute shite. Runs like shit in Blighttown and other areas. Awesome game but wouldn't put it in a top 10 list of PS3. Technical issues needs to be addressed too when making lists like this. I mean, I don't see Skyrim on this list and it's the game of the generation for many players. And where the fuck is Demon's Souls?

EDIT: God of War 3? What kind of crappy list is this?
Skyrims PS3 port is notoriously bad. I'd add Killzone 2 and MGS4 to my own list.

OuterLimits

Normally I would think at least one of the big three Bethesda games(Fallout 3, Oblivion, Skyrim) should make the top 10 but the PS versions were pretty awful.(except Oblivion)

bender

What time is it?
I'd take Asylum over Arkham City, Demon Souls over Dark Souls. World Invitational needs to be on the list even if it started as a Vita title as it's the last great Hot Shots/Everbody's Golf game. I'd take Puppeteer over any of the LBP games.

Assassins Creed II
Arkham Asylum
Red Dead Redemption
Arkham City
Uncharted 2
Battlefield 4
Battefield Bad Company 2
Street Fighter x Tekken
inFAMOUS
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions

these are the 10 games im riding with on PS3

Last edited:
in hindsight i should've bought every single PS3 multiplat on 360 instead.
games i really liked on Xbox 360 were
WWE 2k14
Soul Calibur IV
Guitar Hero II

so i assume i might've liked them on PS3

dotnotbot

EDIT: God of War 3 missing? What kind of crappy list is this?

DeS didn't perform well either. I would prefer a list like this to focus on games themselves rather than performance. Those lists are always subjective, maybe authors didn't think Skyrim was as important as the rest of the titles, certainly not a revolutionary title like the rest for me and certainly not that good without mods.

The logic behind including Dark Souls instead of Demon's Souls was probably that Dark Souls is a more refined game overall, in some sense it's a remake.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Demon’s Souls
The Last of Us
Uncharted 2
God of War 3
Dark Souls
Journey
Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus
Little Big Planet 2
Fallout New Vegas
Arkham Asylum

Not included the HD trilogy ports, Ico, SotC etc
That is a solid list indeed.

I gotta order me some new controllers…

Any one got some wireless after market controllers on Amazon they can recommend?

Hoppa

Last of Us
Tekken 6 and Tag 2
Marvel vs Capcom 3
MGS4
inFamous
LittleBigPlanet
Super Stardust HD
CoD4 Modern Warfare
Uncharted 1 and 2

Last edited:

Loxus

Surprised they picked GTA V over GTA IV.
I had more fun playing both story and online with IV than V on PS3.
GTA V only got good on PS4.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Here’s mine

1. God of War 3
2. Assassin’s Creed 2
3. Super Stardust HD
4. The Last of Us
5. Uncharted 2
6. Batman Arkham City
7. Red Dead Redemption
8. Battlefield 3
9. Call of Duty Black Ops 2
10. Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time

Pretty hard to make a list really. I think The Last of Us should be omitted for PS3 since performance is so crap. But I can’t deny it’s a great game.

Last edited:
Looking at my list. I'm primarily a PC player, so this is arguably one of the worst lists ever conceived. I also think this is the worst era of gaming.
1. Journey
2. Uncharted 2
3. SFIV
3. MGS4
3. Rayman Origins
6. FFXIII [I'm a FF fanboi, and actually playing through XIII right now again]
7.SSX [actually still playing this too; retrospectively the load times kill it in the modern world; please make a new game]
7.GOW 3
9. Little Big Planet
9. Little Big Planet 2

Last edited:

Fallout New Vegas
Arkham Asylum

5c9b8cd53eab6d1a53d66eadcb7b5de5.gif

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Replace Little Big Planet with Bioshock
Replace Demons Souls with God of War 3

and voila

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
In no particular order

Arkham asylum
Arkham city
Tlou
Uncharted 2
Fifa 13
Cod black ops
God of war 3
Mgs4
Red dead redemption
Assassins creed 2

My list. I spent over 1k hours on blops and fifa so I can't leave em out.

Gta IV as honorable mention.

Last edited:

Camreezie

GTA V
The Last Of Us
Bioshock
God of War 3
Uncharted 2
Batman Arkham City
Dead Space
Call of Duty 4
Bayonetta
Vanquish

RAIDEN1

Metal Gear 4 was the biggest reason I ended up buying a Playstation console for the first time.....nothing as big as that on the PS5 to this day....

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
This list comes down to personal preference. My personal list would look something like this:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
The pirate game everyone did not know they wanted, with a serving of Ubisoft's open world design before it became stale.

Batman: Arkham Origins
Mechanically, graphically, and plotwise (except the rival reveal) the best superhero title on the system.

Dead Rising 2
A more invested plot with combo weapons and Vegas theme for this installment of franchise.

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition
The Ballad of Gay Tony brings the fun of Vice City back with some innovations to GTA IV's Liberty City.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
In many ways the realization of what Fable could have been with respect to medieval fantasy.

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
The most entertaining multi-vehicle party racer with Sega's legacy on full display.

The Last of Us
A gripping zombie action game with a great plot and scenarios.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
A modern action packed blockbuster reminiscent of Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade.

Virtua Fighter 5
Undisputably the best fighting game on the system with respect to mechanics and balance.

Yakuza 5
Four interwoven plots with interactive cities to explore and plenty of modern beat 'em up to go around.

* A lot of my other favorite titles had inferior ports on this system and that makes it hard to include them in this list.

Last edited:
i bought a PS3 to play Metal Gear 4. no doubt about it. And i enjoyed my time with it. But ultimately its a movie with some random gameplay parts in it.

Yumi

It always seems weird to me that they include multi platform games on these lists. I get that they are technically on PS3, but I think an exclusive list would be more interesting.

As far as the list goes, it’s pretty expected. I think MGS4 should be on there though.

coffinbirth

These lists always remind me that MORONS will always control the narrative when it comes to the legacy of this industry.

What we have here is a top ten list with six of the selections being multiplatform, and arguably inferior ports at that.

Here's mine, in no particular order:
Demon's Souls
Journey
Uncharted 2
MGS4
Tokyo Jungle
Infamous 2
3D Dot Game Heroes
The Last of Us
Puppeteer
Super Stardust HD
God of War III
Motorstorm (any of them)
Katamari Forever
The Unfinished Swan
Dead Nation

GametimeUK

Although games on the console ran like shit I have to say narrowing down the library to the best 10 games is huge task in my opinion.

All I know is Warhawk needs some love and deserves a spot on the list. I loved that damn game.

GametimeUK

These lists always remind me that MORONS will always control the narrative when it comes to the legacy of this industry.

What we have here is a top ten list with six of the selections being multiplatform, and arguably inferior ports at that.

Demon's Souls
Journey
Uncharted 2
MGS4
Tokyo Jungle
Infamous 2
3D Dot Game Heroes
The Last of Us
Puppeteer
Super Stardust HD
God of War III
Motorstorm (any of them)
Katamari Forever
The Unfinished Swan
Dead Nation

Your top 10 list contains 15 games. Who's the moron now?

GametimeUK

I never stated I was listing ten. Maybe learn how to read.

william-shatner-irony.gif

Lol

Demon's Souls
Journey
Uncharted 2
MGS4
Tokyo Jungle
Infamous 2
3D Dot Game Heroes
The Last of Us
Puppeteer
Super Stardust HD
God of War III