• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Top 10 Tactical RPGs of All Time

DukeNukem00

Banned
og Xcom is better than Xcom2

You can bet current ign hasnt even heard of many games from the genre. When you see some mainstream console game like FF Tactics at the top instead of one of the numerous better and hardcore pc games lime Jagged Alliance, Silent Storm, TOEE, Heroes, UFO/XCom, Xenonauts, etc. This is not a top of the best tactics games, its a top of what that guy played on his console

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
FFT isn't just the best SRPG of all-time it's one of the best games ever, period. List is missing Front Mission 3 and Jeanne d'Arc. While all this talk of Shining Force is cool I'd rather have Dragon Force up there, if you know you know. Disgaea 1 over 5, shoutout to my boy Laharl. Hoping Triangle Strategy migrates to PlayStation, suspect I'll like it a lot and have it high on the list. Enjoyed Xcom2 but no way I'd have it at number 2.

FFT isn't just the best SRPG of all-time it's one of the best games ever, period. List is missing Front Mission 3 and Jeanne d'Arc. While all this talk of Shining Force is cool I'd rather have Dragon Force up there, if you know you know. Disgaea 1 over 5, shoutout to my boy Laharl. Hoping Triangle Strategy migrates to PlayStation, suspect I'll like it a lot and have it high on the list. Enjoyed Xcom2 but no way I'd have it at number 2.

Yeah, FFT is still king

People recommending triangle strategy in this thread but I hear about these huge cutscenes of text which were more frequent thay gameplay. Who's got time for that shit as an adult.

Shifty1897

People recommending triangle strategy in this thread but I hear about these huge cutscenes of text which were more frequent thay gameplay. Who's got time for that shit as an adult.
Yeah there's no way adults would make time for a piece of fantasy entertainment with more talking than fighting...
YK3ehQc.jpg

Oberstein

It would be nice if Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together was released on Switch, I missed that one.

Otherwise, where are Front Mission or Vandal Hearts? IGN lists are always off the mark.

Top Bottom