• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: What to Expect From Nintendo in 2023

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

From the pedestrian to the zany, here's what to expect from Nintendo in 2023.

Between Fire Emblem Engage, The Super Mario Bros. Movie, and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, we know a few things about Nintendo's plans for 2023. But what about the games they haven't announced yet? Do they have something else like Nintendo Labo up their sleeves? Will we finally see Metroid Prime 4? There's a lot we know, some things we expect, and then stuff we can only hope for.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Mmm... this doesn't include Bayonetta Origins. So I assume they filmed it in advance. This blocks out a March game.

So we basically know games from Jan-May, and no game for April (it's common for Nintendo to have one month off in either half of the year).

Mmm... this doesn't include Bayonetta Origins. So I assume they filmed it in advance. This blocks out a March game.

So we basically know games from Jan-May, and no game for April (it's common for Nintendo to have one month off in either half of the year).
Doesn’t include Bayonetta Origins more like because it’s a minor-tier title, and a spin-off at that. It kind of looks like an indie game.

Octopath 2 and Kirby are bigger games and those are both February. Normally they have a big March game to finish out the fiscal year. If that’s not Pikmin 4, whatever it is must be unannounced. It would be odd to not have something semi-big. And there’s no way they go from Kirby in Feb to TotK in May with no other major releases between the two.

No game in April would be fairly normal. But no game in March would be very odd, and possibly a signal they’re saving up software for a looming hardware launch or something like that.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Doesn’t include Bayonetta Origins more like because it’s a minor-tier title, and a spin-off at that. It kind of looks like an indie game.

Octopath 2 and Kirby are bigger games and those are both February. Normally they have a big March game to finish out the fiscal year. If that’s not Pikmin 4, whatever it is must be unannounced. It would be odd to not have something semi-big. And there’s no way they go from Kirby in Feb to TotK in May with no other major releases between the two.
Bayonetta Origins seems like it's as big as remake of a Kirby game to me. It's also a $60, so it's not indie. I'm thinking they already edited this before TGA otherwise it would've been included. It's their March game.

Bayonetta Origins seems like it's as big as remake of a Kirby game to me. It's also a $60, so it's not indie. I'm thinking they already edited this before TGA otherwise it would've been included. It's their March game.
Kirby will be a multi-million seller at $60, and it’s a deluxe remaster of one of the best modern Kirby games. No matter how you slice it, it’ll sell far more than Bayo.

I don’t think a slower-paced sort of spin-off prequel of a Bayonetta game system rises to the level of a “big March game”, that they normally do. That’s why I think either they’re just punting on March, or they have an unannounced game for that slot.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Kirby will be a multi-million seller at $60, and it’s a deluxe remaster of one of the best modern Kirby games. No matter how you slice it, it’ll sell far more than Bayo.

I don’t think a slower-paced sort of spin-off prequel of a Bayonetta game system rises to the level of a “big March game”, that they normally do. That’s why I think either they’re just punting on March, or they have an unannounced game for that slot.
To me this Bayonetta looks more appealing than the original. I would wait until we find out more about it before ruling it out as a small or big game.

Flutta

Banned
Zelda. That’s about it.

Also when will we ever see a wario game? Nintendo keeps playing it safe even with all the money they’ve been making. Disgusting!

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Labo?

Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF

Top Bottom