• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Which Platform Is Right For You?

JLB

Banned
TBH had little to no time to play anytning during the last 8/10 months. Not complaining, lot of work during recession time.
But yeah, Im not playing almost anything on my xbox, switch nor pc.
Definitely once I have some time I'll try to tackle some gamepass games that were added recetly.

I own all 3: Series X, PS5, and Switch. Although I don’t play the Switch it’s for my son. If you can afford it there isn’t any reason not to own them all since each one has major pluses for ownership. PS5 has the highest rated single player exclusive experiences with devs that primarily churn out industry leading games. Series X is lit because Game Pass is a tremendous value and the console home to Bethesda and series such as Gears, Forza, Halo, etc.

This feels like the first time since the Xbox 360/PS3 era where each console makes a great claim to own it.

Is this thread worthy material? I would at least expect an OP to provide context, opinion, or summary instead of just plopping down a youtube video like this is facebook.

I don’t see any issues with what OP did. Post content for people to consume and talk about. Sounds exactly like what we are supposed to be doing on a discussion forum.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I like them all and buy them all. I could have probably waited until this year to buy the XSX and PS5, though.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
TVAJ9u1.jpg
Vo1RcfX.jpg

I always get my advice about consoles from IGN. Two tweets sent by IGN staff within 10 minutes of each other and after checking their gamertags, it was uncovered they hadn't gained an achievement in a fortnight. 😂😂😂

IGN you fucking slay me

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
TVAJ9u1.jpg
Vo1RcfX.jpg

I always get my advice about consoles from IGN. Two tweets sent by IGN staff within 10 minutes of each other and after checking their gamertags, it was uncovered they hadn't gain an achievement in a fortnight. 😂😂😂

IGN you fucking slay me

lol.....they aren't even talking about games at all, are they? Fucking "journalists. lol

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
900p/1080p, 500gb storage. And some call it "good deal"
Yeah it's insane.

I'm running a one x and was thinking about getting a series s since it's not possible to get a series x anywhere atm.

But series s is only better in ssd speed, everything else is better on one x its insane you release a next gen console, even its a lite, being worse than the best hardware from previous gen.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Yeah it's insane.

I'm running a one x and was thinking about getting a series s since it's not possible to get a series x anywhere atm.

But series s is only better in ssd speed, everything else is better on one x its insane you release a next gen console, even its a lite, being worse than the best hardware from previous gen.
Where are you. The Series X is available on the MS store right now

Yeah it's insane.

What? Besides the better hard drive series s has a much better CPU.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Fanboy written articles for those wanting validation for their platform of choice.

Same goes for the videos. The food chain has been Sony/Nintendo followed by MSFT distant for a long time. Game pass is good, I use it on PC and I pay the 15 a month when I want to try something instead of wasting 70.

PS5 and Switch I just buy the games when necessary or use Plus. I mostly spend my time on PC and Steam Deck.

Last edited:

The_Mike

Where are you. The Series X is available on the MS store right now
Oh yeah just noticed.

Funny thing is that's the only place to get it in my country which sucks, because I wanted to get it was xbox all access but the only retailer that has that option has none in stock.

Also, given we are 3 years in already with no real system sellers, I begin to think if its worth waiting a little more for the next upgraded one.
What? Besides the better hard drive series s has a much better CPU.

Xbox one x has better graphics. Series s do have performance mode, which is nice with high fps, but eh, there's graphical downsides with the series s vs one x.om
AFAIK it also lacks enhanced bc.

Last edited:
Oh yeah just noticed.

Funny thing is that's the only place to get it in my country which sucks, because I wanted to get it was xbox all access but the only retailer that has that option has none in stock.

Also, given we are 3 years in already with no real system sellers, I begin to think if its worth waiting a little more for the next upgraded one.

Xbox one x has better graphics. Series s do have performance mode, which is nice with high fps, but eh, there's graphical downsides with the series s vs one x.om
AFAIK it also lacks enhanced bc.

Xbox one x and Xbox series s cost about the same but one x isn’t getting new games like star field, red fall and third party games. Also, I think Xbox series s bc games has better load times and FPS.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
PCs - For Gamepass and most 3rd party games.
PS5 - Because I am an impatient fuck and want Sony games day 1.
Switch for Nintendo 1st party games

I am glad I don't have to buy Xboxes anymore.

The_Mike

Xbox one x and Xbox series s cost about the same but one x isn’t getting new games like star field, red fall and third party games. Also, I think Xbox series s bc games has better load times and FPS.
Better load times because of ssd yes, better fps no. They are locked to non bc, where as a matter of fact some are forced 60 fps thanks to the bc program.

And yes, if you came in now then series s would be fine, but as someone who owns a one x there's really no reason to pick one as the only advantage is the ssd, and of course a performance mode.

But it's not a big upgrade from one x, more than a mixed bag.

I might have, if the ssd was bigger, but it's just too small coming from a one x again which has 1 tb of storage.

Last edited:

MikeM

For me:

PS5- my main console and gaming platform of choice. Love the Dualsense and the exclusives. Platinum trophies ftw (18 plats, about 3300 trophies).

PC- new system after over 10 years away from it. 5600/7900xt build so pretty high end. Its basically my excessive insurance against 30fps (die already). Steam achievements don’t have my attention nearly as much as PS or Xbox.

Series X- GamePass and back compat machine. Even with a powerful PC, I still love achievement hunting on Xbox. Plus, I have already invested heavily in the platform (over 53k gamerscore). Preferred choice for sports games.

All in all- the more platforms the better. Time is always the problem.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Team All the Systems. I'm at the point where I need a few systems and it just makes more sense to me to spread them around so I can enjoy what all the ecosystems have to offer rather than just buying multiples of one system.

So I have an Xbox in the living room, a PS5 in the game room, a gaming PC in my office and a switch for on the go. All of them get played all the time, between me, my wife, and my daughter.

Last edited:

RobRSG

I got everything I could, no order of importance:

1. Nintendo Switch (sep-2017): Main use as Portable beast. Nintendo games cannot be replaced by other stuff. I avoid multiplat titles like the plague though. Feels good collecting physical titles, despite they are almost never on a discount.

2. PC - 3700X, RTX3080, 1440p 144hz monitor (dec-2020): Mainly for competitive FPS, well optimized PC ports, older titles. Some double dips, like RDR2 for instance. Buy games with real discounts. DX12 games with shader compilation problems makes me think more before buying something.

3. Xbox Series X (jan-2021): Mainly for multiplatform titles, finding out new stuff on Gamepass. Ninja Gaiden Black machine. Mostly Digital.

4: PS5 (feb-2021): Mainly used for exclusive Sony stuff. Also physical titles being sold way cheaper than Xbox (Germany).

5: Steam Deck 512GB (mar-2022): The real MVP… I am in a long, long trip. Having access to my Steam Library plus tons of emulators is simply bliss. Battery life while Ok, could be better. Backlog killer.

Top Bottom