• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGNxgame: Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection PC vs. PS5 Performance Review

Mr Moose

His 2070 is only 0.9 tflops less than the PS5. Or 9% slower. The fact that PS5 is outperforming it by 34% on average in his tests shouldve told him that there is a problem somewhere.

His 6800 results are fine. But he says it is 2x more powerful than the 2070 super. Umm, no. its 49% faster, not 100%. The fact that it is offering 100-125% more performance despite being only 49% faster is proof that the 2070 Super is being held back by something. my guess is that shit excuse of a CPU but it could be several other things.

yKSTIIZ.jpg

I get the point hes trying to make and he might be on to something with the 6 core 12 thread 3600 potentially holding back the 6800 due to shader compilation workarounds, but he should not be comparing two entirely different PCs like this. Should place the 2070 in his ryzen 3600 system to run tests after finishing the 6800 tests.

No idea why hes testing with a 6800 anyway when a 6700 is 36 CUs and 11 tflops. can be easily locked to 2.23 ghz to mimick PS5 performance. you can get it for $350. Just ask IGN to comp you ffs. This looks really bad on him. How does he not see this?
My 3060/3600 should run the same as his 2070 GPU/CPU-ish? :pie_thinking: I am not buying the game again to test it though :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
I skipped the Nvidia 2000 serie so I wouldn’t know if his PC is broken, but I certainly wish he would show the game on a modern PC, these results tell me nothing.

It is. Some time ago, he did a comparison with the UE5 city demo.
Several users here compared the performance they were getting with his results. And his results were way off, by around 30%. Not only that but his memory usage was very high.
So he was running something in the background. Or there was a lot of bloatware or even virus.
Either way, his results are very unreliable.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
My 3060/3600 should run the same as his 2070 GPU/CPU-ish? :pie_thinking: I am not buying the game again to test it though :messenger_grinning_sweat:
wait so he upgraded his CPU in his 6800 machine? I thought he was using a 3600 in there.

What did he do with the 3600? Put it in the 2070 system?

we shouldnt have to buy these games for these tests. thats literally why these channels exist. I cant believe Alex hasnt bought these AMD GPUs that are virtually identical to the PS5.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Considering this guy has a broken PC, with very sub-par performance, those results are very likely to be false.
At this point I have to wonder if he is spouting this non-sense of lack of performance of the 2070, because he is incompetent, or because he is trying to cater to the console fanboys.

He must run prime 95 and Furmark in the background when benching PC ports. I am sure he will find a way to make the 4090 look bad down the line.

//DEVIL//

That isn’t major to me, a jump from say Uncharted 1 > Uncharted 2 shows bigger differences than anything you listed above.
Now we are going back full circle to what I just said earlier about your opinion or mine = is not a fact. You can refer back to my previous posts if we are going to be on repeat lol.

Mr Moose

wait so he upgraded his CPU in his 6800 machine? I thought he was using a 3600 in there.

What did he do with the 3600? Put it in the 2070 system?

we shouldnt have to buy these games for these tests. thats literally why these channels exist. I cant believe Alex hasnt bought these AMD GPUs that are virtually identical to the PS5.
No idea. 2700X on the 2070 machine and 5600X on the 6800 according to the Afterburner OSD, could be a number mistake in the group name but I think I heard him saying 5600 in the video.

Stuart360

People praise Sony's PC ports but they dont have the greatest optimization.
And by that i mean hardware needed to match console like settings. Most of their PC ports have needed a 1060 for example to basically match PS4 setings, a gpu more than twice as powerful.
Same with higher end hardware vs PS5.

Check Microsoft ports, or Ubisoft, EA etc, it will be around the level you would expect when comparing PC parts vs console, maybe slightly better PC parts needed, but its usually in the comparison ballpark you would expect.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

PCMR truly cares to what GPU from 2 generations ago PS5 is the closest to.

DependableGreenKoi-max-1mb.gif

We don't
It's to test a system that's like the consoles power-ish so you know what you should get. There is also a 6800 test.
Doesn't have to be 2 generations, it is just what he has available. You can run your own tests if you want.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's to test a system that's like the consoles power-ish so you know what you should get. There is also a 6800 test.
Doesn't have to be 2 generations, it is just what he has available. You can run your own tests if you want.
No, it has to be the top of the line so we can laugh at the peasant boxes.

*inserts 12fps gif here*

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

I genuinely don't care about it. It will run more than fine on my PC, that's all I care about.

Mr Moose

No, it has to be the top of the line so we can laugh at the peasant boxes.

*inserts 12fps gif here*
DF testing using a 2060 *crickets*
NxG testing with a slightly OC 2070
this-is.gif

I genuinely don't care about it. It will run more than fine on my PC, that's all I care about.
Oh, you said we so I thought you were speaking more broadly. I only have a 3060 and a 3600 CPU so these tests are (kinda) useful for me, though I wouldn't buy this game again at least not for full price.
I'm waiting for the Genshin benchmark.

Last edited:
For confirmation bias, or? PCMRs need to raise their standards.

Exactly.
True but when i had a 2700x, it ran in the 4.0-4.1ghz area when gaming, which is what 500-600mhz faster than the 3700x in the consoles.
To clarify no one would test a 3090 with a 12900k vs a 3060 with a 12600k for gpu benches they would obviously use the same cpu and that’s what should happen when benching against consoles if this is specifically supposed to be a gpu bench.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
To clarify no one would test a 3090 with a 12900k vs a 3060 with a 12600k for gpu benches they would obviously use the same cpu and that’s what should happen when benching against consoles if this is specifically supposed to be a gpu bench.
Various cpu benches for the various configs PC gamers have.

Not everyone has the same CPU any more than the same GPU. From high end to low end.

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
And by that i mean hardware needed to match console like settings. Most of their PC ports have needed a 1060 for example to basically match PS4 setings, a gpu more than twice as powerful.

Check Microsoft ports, or Ubisoft, EA etc, it will be around the level you would expect when comparing PC parts vs console, maybe slightly better PC parts needed, but its usually in the comparison ballpark you would expect.

I don't know when this narrative that Sony PC ports are excellent started. I think Sony has major PC sites and you tubers in their pockets after HZD port released and was heavily scrutinized

Performance wise even the much maligned horizon zero dawn was pretty good. You could get PS4 PRO like performance with an RX 580 and even run the game at 1080p 60 FPS original settings after patched.

That's my main performance/optimization metric. Can you get 30 FPS at console equivalent settings with an FX 6300 on the CPU side or PS4 PRO visuals and fps with an RX 580? If so, great port.

I understand that we need a bit more HW grunt on PC due to console optimization, but dont ask me for a GTX 1060 and a I5 2500k to run God of war like on the ps4. That config old as is, it's more capable than a PS4 pro. That Stranger fight is more demanding than running flight simulator on my PC for some reason.

Whats my basis? Because this has been a constant through all the generation, even in unoptimized trash like Nier Automata or most Ubisoft games.

And before the developer defense force shows up. I don't care how it has to be done. If they expect top dollar and day one purchases, their PC ports should have the same quality as their console releases.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

I don't think frequency tells all the story. There are instructions per cycle, cache...
Don't consoles have access to 7 cores? What would be a similar CPU (I guess technically like a laptop APU?). I think since they are AMD parts they would be better compared to other AMD parts.

SlimySnake

yeah i was shocked when DF said that the GOW port was a good port. the fucking 1060 and 580 werent able to do 60 fps at 1080p PS4 settings preset. The 580 is 6 tflops. 3.5x more than the PS4 and cant offer double the performance even when paired with way better CPUs? some port.

Spiderman was their best port. Days Gone was a good one. But HZD, GOW and now Uncharted. eh.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Don't consoles have access to 7 cores? What would be a similar CPU (I guess technically like a laptop APU?). I think since they are AMD parts they would be better compared to other AMD parts.
No idea. There is the factor of bad CPU usage on pc too.

Mr Moose

yeah i was shocked when DF said that the GOW port was a good port. the fucking 1060 and 580 werent able to do 60 fps at 1080p PS4 settings preset. The 580 is 6 tflops. 3.5x more than the PS4 and cant offer double the performance even when paired with way better CPUs? some port.

Spiderman was their best port. Days Gone was a good one. But HZD, GOW and now Uncharted. eh.
Wasn't GoW 1080p sub 60fps on a PS4 Pro (4.2TF with shite CPU)?

SlimySnake

It's a bonafide garbage bin port, probably the worst they've released yet. 3080 struggles to hit 60fps in 4K while the PS5's new unlocked fidelity runs 45-50 in 4K. 3080 is comfortably 3-4x faster than a PS5. Even the 4090 (more than 10x a PS5) barely crests 100fps in 4K.
Nah, 3080 is only 2x faster at best in standard rasterization. The PS4 is basically a 2080 in AMD supported games. And a 3080 is roughly 65-80% better depending on the game. Ray tracing performance is obviously another story but this game doesnt support it. So id expect 1.2-2x better performance at best.

We are not seeing that here but we dont know have the PS4 preset settings in this game. its just a guessing game.

Its possible the game is unoptimized like GOW and holding back the GPUs, but i wouldnt expect 3-4x more performance from a 3080.

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
Devs don't want to shoot themselves in the foot by putting original PS4 settings as a preset. They would be exposed that way.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Considering this guy has a broken PC, with very sub-par performance, those results are very likely to be false.
At this point I have to wonder if he is spouting this non-sense of lack of performance of the 2070, because he is incompetent, or because he is trying to cater to the console fanboys.

Pretty sure it’s the latter. This guy stinks.

tommib

Why does GOW have a 96% Overwhelmingly Positive STEAM user rating with users celebrating the the technical part of the port?

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
It's a bonafide garbage bin port, probably the worst they've released yet. 3080 struggles to hit 60fps in 4K while the PS5's new unlocked fidelity runs 45-50 in 4K. 3080 is comfortably 3-4x faster than a PS5. Even the 4090 (more than 10x a PS5) barely crests 100fps in 4K.

Called it the day DLSS was announced: Devs will always use whatever they can to slack when it comes to PC ports. You are expected to use upscaling to power through low performance. That's the new normal.

SlimySnake

Because we’re gauging the PC version of the game, not the PC version brought down to console level.
there is nothing wrong with using the 2700 as long as you point out that the 2700 might be holding back the 2070 Super. You can also not use a different CPU to compare performance of another GPU. The CPU HAVE to be identical. Hell, the entire system needs to be identical.

If he wants to show the PS5 GPU is being held back by a 2700 caliber CPU then fine, say that. but he also needs to show performance metrics for GPUs that were not impacted by that CPU.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Why does GOW have a 96% Overwhelmingly Positive STEAM user rating with users celebrating the the technical part of the port?

Because most of those reviews were based on herd mentality and the hype of having God of war on pc. And as PC gaming got more and more popular during 8th gen, so you have a lot of users that don't understand how powerful the HW they have is.
There's a reason God of war got 11 patches after release.

tommib

Because most of those reviews were based on herd mentality and the hype of having God of war on pc. And as PC gaming got more and more popular during 8th gen, so you have a lot of users that don't understand how powerful the HW they have is.
There's a reason God of war got 11 patches after release.
PC Master Race dumb as fuck then, right? Steam users are the first to backlash bad ports and be vocal about it. But of course, you have the eyes in the land of the blinds. Whatever, keep warring.

Last edited:
Because we’re gauging the PC version of the game, not the PC version brought down to console level.
We are gauging a pc gpu vs a console gpu in an equivalent scenario and environment (so same settings and resolution as well as framerate target) the only parts that should be different in the benches are of course the gpu no one does gpu benchmarks on pc when all the other parts of the pc are different

Top Bottom