• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGNxgame: Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection PC vs. PS5 Performance Review

rofif

Banned
One of best games ever gets a PC release !
Nice analysis NXGamer NXGamer

Seems like a nice, straightforward update.
Ultra settings very close to ps5 aside from shadows which are a bit sharper on pc.
No Motion blur on pc. It's broken and option does nothing
Some small texture bugs and LOD bugs (shorter than ps5)
Shader compilation on CPU like in Spider-Man

RTX2070 (theoretical similar ps5 gpu) might drop to 20fps at 4k ultra due to memory limitations
About up to 40 on high. Generally at 4k ps5 is 40% faster on same settings with rtx 2070 vs ps5.

looks like a good port to me! Shame Dualsense features dont work wirelessly.
I have not found any info on 3d audio
edit: Loading 2-3 seconds on ps5. 7-8 seconds on pc
edit2: Maybe no HDR... oof. Ok, looks like a bit shitty port

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
We Got This Covered
Oct 18, 2022
A lack of proper fullscreen support, no HDR, and the inability to cap the framerate above 30 FPS leaves this otherwise excellent collection feeling like a mishandled downgrade from the PlayStation 5 version.

Hmm.
Wait there is no HDR ?!
WTF. The game is STUNNING with HDR.
For me, the killer is lack of motion blur since it's so god in ND engine

rofif

Banned
It'll get patched up. I'm not worried. The lack of hdr is a bummer.
I know HDR is not popular on pc but more and more people get this great monitors or OLEDs to play on pc.
Playing a game in SDR is super desaturated in comparison lol. The biggest bummer of this gen is how they fucked up Alan Wakes face in the remaster and didn't add in HDR... then lack of HDR in this. wtf

Last edited:
One of best games ever gets a PC release !
Nice analysis NXGamer NXGamer

Seems like a nice, straightforward update.
Ultra settings very close to ps5 aside from shadows which are a bit sharper on pc.
No Motion blur on pc. It's broken and option does nothing
Some small texture bugs and LOD bugs (shorter than ps5)
Shader compilation on CPU like in Spider-Man

RTX2070 (theoretical similar ps5 gpu) might drop to 20fps at 4k ultra due to memory limitations
About up to 40 on high. Generally at 4k ps5 is 40% faster on same settings with rtx 2070 vs ps5.

looks like a good port to me! Shame Dualsense features dont work wirelessly.
I have not found any info on 3d audio
edit: Loading 2-3 seconds on ps5. 7-8 seconds on pc
edit2: Maybe no HDR... oof. Ok, looks like a bit shitty port

I think I read they capped it to 60 instead of 120 in the fidelity mode for some reason which somewhat is still limiting what the ps5 is displaying at its max I think this was an oversight and we have to let naughty dog to fix this

ACESHIGH

Banned
Hopefully the games Sony is currently developing include a PC version from the get go so that games run better on the platform. I can understand performance being lackluster as a PC port was not among their priorities back then.
Also how TF do you miss motion blur in an uncharted game. Haven't they tested the game at 30 FPS?

rofif

Banned
Yep, sadly its bundled with Uncharted 4.
no you didn't
Sad Animation GIF by Mashed

rofif

Banned
it's so god in ND engine
q48QnBW.jpg
Motion blur is fantastic in these games.
It' perf object and properly makes you feel sense of movement and speed.
Taking screenshot when rotating is petty and you should fuck off.
besides, it was tuned lower in ps5 release..
.. try looking at something when rotating your head around. It's not clear either. A game can't reproduce that without 240-360hz. There is not enough data between frames

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
.. try looking at something when rotating your head around. It's not clear either. A game can't reproduce that without 240-360hz. There is not enough data between frames
Sure, everything becoming that mess when turning the camera is fantastic. /s

When I rotate my head there is no bad fake camera blur added. Just natural motion "blur".

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
No, it never is... ever.

rofif

Banned
Sure, everything becoming that mess when turning the camera is fantastic. /s

When I rotate my head there is no bad fake camera blur added. Just natural motion "blur".
You are wrong. Motion blur MUST be included in games. it just must to make it look more realistic.
I like this example why low shutter speed/motion blur looks closer to reality:

Wave your hand in front of your face fast. it will be blurred. The same goes for fast motion of surroundings.
I understand not every motion blur implementation is good but ND blur is exceptionally good. Camera motion blur is just as needed too.... and you can just use the slider in console version to modify it

Why each times the PS5 game is equivalent to a 2080 (or higher even when ported by the best in the industry) it means the PC Port is bad? A bit convenient that excuse.

Filben

I wonder if they ever fixed the Remaster on PS5?

Unfortunately it does show the same artefacts when playing. Obviously a screenshot overly stresses and highlights the issue more than you'd see while playing, but it's still there and is not only magically appear on screenshots. There's games doing it better.

rofif

Banned
I wonder if they ever fixed the Remaster on PS5?

Unfortunately it does show the same artefacts when playing. Obviously a screenshot overly stresses and highlights the issue more than you'd see while playing, but it's still there and is not only magically appear on screenshots. There's games doing it better.
I adore vick for his analysis but it's frankly bs... I replayed the remaster and it's perfect while vick makes it sound like it's the worst broken crap ever.
Even if there are differences, it is debatable if these are for better or worse or accidental and 4k or 60fps easily rolls over these "issues"

Filben

it is debatable if these are for better or worse or accidental and 4k or 60fps easily rolls over these "issues"
In some instances I'd agree, in others I do think it looks worse, especially when it's not about looking different, but effects, like shadows in the distance are outright missing.

I adore vick for his analysis but it's frankly bs... I replayed the remaster and it's perfect while vick makes it sound like it's the worst broken crap ever.
Even if there are differences, it is debatable if these are for better or worse or accidental and 4k or 60fps easily rolls over these "issues"
Naughtydog had an oversight leaving fidelity mode capped at 60 instead of 120

Vick

Gold Member
Even if there are differences, it is debatable if these are for better or worse or accidental
With all due respect my friend, this right here is the bs frankly.
I obviously never said people shouldn't enjoy the Remaster as there's countless upgrades + 60fps, but sadly "perfect" is not a word compatible with this release in the slightest.
Missing shadows, missing mist and particles, missing reflections, broken lightnings, downgraded shaders, reduced bounce lighting, visual bugs or crap like this are still in the damn game..

pUrz8nP.png

AMvwtkO.png

60fps easily rolls over these "issues"
No doubt about that.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
Naughtydog had an oversight leaving fidelity mode capped at 60 instead of 120
Am i missing something?
Fidelity on ps5 is 40fps or 40+fps... ok I see it's capped to 60 but it's hard to tell since LFC might be screwing things up

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
With all due respect my friend, thia right here is the bs frankly.
I obviously never said people shouldn't enjoy the Remaster as there's countless upgrades + 60fps, but sadly "perfect" is not a word compatible with this release in the slightest.
Missing shadows, missing mist and particles, missing reflections, broken lightnings, downgraded shaders, reduced bounce lighting, visual bugs or crap like this are still in the damn game..

pUrz8nP.png

AMvwtkO.png
I know Vick. I am supporter to your analysis!
The changes showing are just so very minor. Might even be a result of resolution scaling or choice.
I played the game after reading your analysis and didn't notice much if anything.
These are microscopic changes you have to look for and are still hard to see. The dress being less shiny is like the biggest change and it's still nothing

You should not make it sound like it's on the same level of badness like Dark Souls remaster. That is really bad.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

I gave you an advise and you didn’t listen . Your call lol.

And fyi, every game on pc is better looking than it’s console port. I’ll leave it at that. Good luck in your upcoming battle here against the pc race . Don’t get banned lol.
I wasn’t arguing that last part. Every PC game has better resolution and frame rates. We’re not talking anything major though, you know this.

And Uncharted would be up there with their best looking games, so expecting some large difference is foolish. IMO

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

I wasn’t arguing that last part. Every PC game has better resolution and frame rates. We’re not talking anything major though, you know this.
What you define major is an opinion you believe in. Doesn’t mean it’s right . Ray tracing is a major upgrade to almost everyone with a decent / master race pc. I am a guy who is getting his 4090 soon and I don’t care about ray tracing. But I wouldn’t say it’s not a major upgrade.

Same goes for playing everything ultra at 4K 120 frames native when ps5 is fighting to get 2k 60 frames mid settings.

There is a huge lists of upgrade each pc game generally has that isn’t on consoles. Whatever it’s upgraded textures or shadows or or lighting.

Yes fundamentally it’s the same game if that’s what you are referring. But the experience isn’t.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
I know Vick. I am supporter to your analysis!
The changes showing are just so very minor.
Sure, and that's what I always said buddy.
It's just that these issues are still here and I wish that wasn't the case.

Might even be a result of resolution scaling or choice.
I played the game after reading your analysis and didn't notice much if anything.
These are microscopic changes you have to look for and are still hard to see. The dress being less shiny is like the biggest change and it's still nothing
Well, you haven't noticed the absolutely awful and downright broken hair on Nadine?
She's got so much screen time and close-ups it's hysterical they still look like that.

You should not make it sound like it's on the same level of badness like Dark Souls remaster. That is really bad.
That is not bad, that's a fucking abomination. lol

bitbydeath

What you define major is an opinion you believe in. Doesn’t mean it’s right . Ray tracing is a major upgrade to almost everyone with a decent / master race pc. I am a guy who is getting his 4090 soon and I don’t care about ray tracing. But I wouldn’t say it’s not a major upgrade.

Same goes for playing everything ultra at 4K 120 frames native when ps5 is fighting to get 2k 60 frames mid settings.

There is a huge lists of upgrade each pc game generally has that isn’t on consoles. Whatever it’s upgraded textures or shadows or or lighting.

Yes fundamentally it’s the same game if that’s what you are referring. But the experience isn’t.
That isn’t major to me, a jump from say Uncharted 1 > Uncharted 2 shows bigger differences than anything you listed above.

rofif

Banned

And hat are you going to do with that ray tracing? It's not going to enhance ps4/5 ports if they don't support it.
You will get 60 or 120 fps but that's it. It's the same game.
That's why I have 3080 for sure! To take that advantage. But it is the same game we played years ago and the difference is minor really

rofif

Banned
Sure, and that's what I always said buddy.
It's just that these issues are still here and I wish that wasn't the case.

Well, you haven't noticed the absolutely awful and downright broken hair on Nadine?
She's got so much screen time and close-ups it's hysterical they still look like that.

That is not bad, that's a fucking abomination. lol
haha I never noticed the hair !
It's the broken hairline? I never noticed.
I did took 200 screenshots in 4k when I played this and I am going through them and comparing to your shots.
Sorry I called your post bs. I didn't mean it like that... just nitpicky as hell :p
I have the same Sully shot you had! I never noticed the clothes when playing lol. It must be for this one camera cut lol

wQvjtdF.jpg

It's unfortunate but these are still minor bugs. I would say hardly worth the time you spend on finding it.
I do wonder how it happens though.. did they used some old build? HOW?!

winjer

Gold Member

Considering this guy has a broken PC, with very sub-par performance, those results are very likely to be false.
At this point I have to wonder if he is spouting this non-sense of lack of performance of the 2070, because he is incompetent, or because he is trying to cater to the console fanboys.

Last edited:
Am i missing something?
Fidelity on ps5 is 40fps or 40+fps... ok I see it's capped to 60 but it's hard to tell since LFC might be screwing things up

I’m reading they set the framerate cap to 60 instead of 120 on the fidelity mode and I don’t know why and it especially sucks for benchmarking cause since it’s hitting 60fps quite frequently it could likely go a bit higher if it was fully uncapped to 120. I suspect the difference between it and the 2070 would be greater if it was uncapped to 120

Vick

Gold Member
haha I never noticed the hair !
It's the broken hairline? I never noticed.
Man, I envy you so much. Those hair (perfectly fine on pre-launch material) make roll my eyes into the skull every time she's on screen.

I did took 200 screenshots in 4k when I played this and I am going through them and comparing to your shots.
Sorry I called your post bs. I didn't mean it like that... just nitpicky as hell :p
I have the same Sully shot you had! I never noticed the clothes when playing lol. It must be for this one camera cut lol

wQvjtdF.jpg
This happens because they had to re-dress every single character for every single frame of every single cutscene, for whatever reason. I'd say possibly framerate related.

It's unfortunate but these are still minor bugs. I would say hardly worth the time you spend on finding it.
I do wonder how it happens though.. did they used some old build? HOW?!
Damned if I know, no clue whatsoever.

But I know I want a truly Perfect remaster of these games. Which means the same exact games they originally made on PS4 at a higher resolution, 60fps and all the visual improvements from this Remaster on top along with the PCSS shadows seen in TLOU Part I. Something I'll never have, in short, looking at this PC release.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Considering this guy has a broken PC, with very sub-par performance, those results are very likely to be false.
At this point I have to wonder if he is spouting this non-sense of lack of performance of the 2070, because he is incompetent, or because he is trying to cater to the console fanboys.
I skipped the Nvidia 2000 serie so I wouldn’t know if his PC is broken, but I certainly wish he would show the game on a modern PC, these results tell me nothing.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
Man, I envy you so much. Those hair (perfectly fine on pre-launch material) make roll my eyes into the skull every time she's on screen.

This happens because they had to re-dress every single character for every single frame of every single cutscene, for whatever reason. I'd say possibly framerate related.

Damned if I know, no clue whatsoever.

But I know I want a truly Perfect remaster of these games. Which means the same exact games they originally made on PS4 at a higher resolution, 60fps and all the visual improvements from this Remaster on top along with the PCSS shadows seen in TLOU Part I. Something I'll never have, in short, looking at this PC release.
At least the original runs stable 1440p30 on ps5. Glad I still have original disc.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
His 2070 is only 0.9 tflops less than the PS5. Or 9% slower. The fact that PS5 is outperforming it by 34% on average in his tests shouldve told him that there is a problem somewhere.

His 6800 results are fine. But he says it is 2x more powerful than the 2070 super. Umm, no. its 49% faster, not 100%. The fact that it is offering 100-125% more performance despite being only 49% faster is proof that the 2070 Super is being held back by something. my guess is that shit excuse of a CPU but it could be several other things.

yKSTIIZ.jpg

I get the point hes trying to make and he might be on to something with the 6 core 12 thread 3600 potentially holding back the 6800 due to shader compilation workarounds, but he should not be comparing two entirely different PCs like this. Should place the 2070 in his ryzen 3600 system to run tests after finishing the 6800 tests.

No idea why hes testing with a 6800 anyway when a 6700 is 36 CUs and 11 tflops. can be easily locked to 2.23 ghz to mimick PS5 performance. you can get it for $350. Just ask IGN to comp you ffs. This looks really bad on him. How does he not see this?

Last edited:
Top Bottom