• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Im dirty. Clean white switch oled?

I want to sell my Nintendo switch oled (white) have it for 3 months and is kinda not white anymore. Is Yellowish.
I don’t use or touch it at all…. I tried some alcohol but nah. Any tip or trick?

My ps5 and controls have more than 2 years and are way more white 😂.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
cigarettes smoking GIF

lachesis

not sure if it's possible, but take the cover off and dish soap / rinse? It's not likely to be yellowed by sunlight/UV - so that may work?

Or retrobright treatment?

Rumor has it that if you leave it in the dishwasher for a couple of cycles, while using Mr. Clean detergent. It'll be gleaming like new in no time.

Of course rumor also has it that listening to people on internet forums can be hazardous to your switches health.

Rumor has it that if you leave it in the dishwasher for a couple of cycles, while using Mr. Clean detergent. It'll be gleaming like new in no time.

Of course rumor also has it that listening to people on internet forums can be hazardous to your switches health.
It was nice of Nintendo to include microwave charging with the Switch OLED. I haven't seen that implemented since the iPhone 6.

I want to sell my Nintendo switch oled (white) have it for 3 months and is kinda not white anymore. Is Yellowish.
I don’t use or touch it at all…. I tried some alcohol but nah. Any tip or trick?

OMG!!!!! YOU WAYYYYYYCISSSSS!!!!

You bigot, how dare you!!!!!

What next, scrubbing people clean so they end up white?

Fascist!!!!!

White supremacist!!!!!

I'm, like, totally appalled and that, and, like, demand, you, like, apologise on behalf of all non white gaming devices...you Nazi pig.
🤔😬🤪😜😝😛🥲😅😂🤣😭

Last edited:

SRTtoZ

As long as you wash your hands after eating chips or whatever you'll be fine. I have one since launch and it still looks brand new.

Brigandier

If it's been left in direct sunlight near a window day after day then the only way that will go back to pearl white is with Peroxide and Cling film then leaving it in sunlight for a few hours.

Oh and you would have to take it apart of course.

Last edited:
If you're worried then just get the neon model. Or buy the white and see how it goes? If it gets messy you can take it apart to clean or buy different colour joycons.

Mephisto40

The only way to clean white plastic properly is to submerge it in 10% hydrogen peroxide and water

You'd need to take the case apart and that would destroy your warrenty

Although I have no idea how you have managed to turn it yellow after 3 months, that must be a world record, it usually happens over like 10 years

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
OMG!!!!! YOU WAYYYYYYCISSSSS!!!!

You bigot, how dare you!!!!!

What next, scrubbing people clean so they end up white?

Fascist!!!!!

White supremacist!!!!!

I'm, like, totally appalled and that, and, like, demand, you, like, apologise on behalf of all non white gaming devices...you Nazi pig.
🤔😬🤪😜😝😛🥲😅😂🤣😭

Wow, a post stuck in the queue somehow since 1991?

kiphalfton

Take it apart and sand it all down, then apply a protective clear coat. Magic eraser might work.
Fuck magic eraser. That is essentially really fine grit sand paper, and that's the only reason "it works".

My ps5 and controls have more than 2 years and are way more white
😂

I'd use this stuff:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Soft-Scr...er-with-OXI-Surface-Cleaner-24-Ounce/43967023

I got a stain that had set into white quartz counter top, that I tried scrubbing, using soap, using toothpaste, etc. and this was the only thing that worked.

Just let it sit for a bit, then lightly swirl it around and then wipe off.

Was also able to get red tomato sauce grease stains out of white plastic.

Stuff is amazing.

Last edited:

Wtf are you doing with your switch? I have mine since launch and there isn‘t even a yellow-ish particle on it.

Last edited:
No smoking non sun light! Is near my ps5 that’s how I figure out it was so yellow…. Maybe the heat from ps5?

Someone said toothpaste and kinda worked 😂

Last edited:
Go on, explain your comment then.
Your name is Mr Reasonable, so I said your comment was "unreasonable" as a kind of (subtle?) nod to your username.

That's why I did this (ahem), to make it even more obvious.

I felt like it was about as on the nose as it was possible to be...but never mind.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Your name is Mr Reasonable, so I said your comment was "unreasonable" as a kind of (subtle?) nod to your username.

That's why I did this (ahem), to make it even more obvious.

I felt like it was about as on the nose as it was possible to be...but never mind.
I didn't mean that, nobody would have missed that. You said your original comment went over my head, I'm interested in the nuance in your first post that I've missed.

Last edited:
I didn't mean that, nobody would have missed that. You said your original comment went over my head, I'm interested in the nuance in your first post that I've missed.
No, I didn't say that.

After all, what is there to possibly misunderstand about my original comment?

You know exactly what I meant, which is you made the reply you did about my post being "stuck in the queue somehow since 1991", so stop playing silly little games and come out with whatever it is you want to say.

Last edited:

Atleast you admit that you Dirty,but that's not good enough...eeeewww try bathing atleast 7 times a week,its very unhygienic and unhealthy to be bathing once every 4 months,and I'm worried about your personal hygiene and health not the state of your hybrid console....from the looks of it,it seems your Switch will turn brown by the end of the week if u dont make drastic changes

Top Bottom