• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm done with Warzone. My parting thoughts.

Pedro Motta

Sorry OP but a lot of those complaints are the reason why this is the only BR game i played. I cant imagine playing a game without gulag, revive and buyback. too frustrating.

You do make a good point about the loadouts though. it kills the satisfaction of getting a good roll and it makes end games really hard because everyone has their favorite loadout instead of winging it with a gun they found while looting.

Solos might be your jam. Absolutely horrifying experience playing that game solo. I have never been more scared of getting ambushed or flanked from behind in a MP game.
Winning a Solo BR match in Warzone was one of my best moments in gaming ever, all my senses were lit up like never before, unreal. Had to take a nap after.

Kerotan

Plunder is absolute trash and should never be advertised as the main mode. I've a thousand wins on this game and probably 3 on plunder. It's so fucking boring and casual.

Hestar69

Warzone is not great, pubg is 100000000000000% times better even though that games a hot mess still.

Add in the hackers,How much hard drive space it takes,how crappy the guns feel to pubg and no thanks..I'll play rebirth and plunder with friends and have fun with it,but the main BR is hot garbage IMO.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Me too, I'm done with walking for 10 minutes only to die in three seconds after finally finding someone... (Hell I'm bad in BR)

Last edited:

Shmunter

Sorry OP but a lot of those complaints are the reason why this is the only BR game i played. I cant imagine playing a game without gulag, revive and buyback. too frustrating.

You do make a good point about the loadouts though. it kills the satisfaction of getting a good roll and it makes end games really hard because everyone has their favorite loadout instead of winging it with a gun they found while looting.

Solos might be your jam. Absolutely horrifying experience playing that game solo. I have never been more scared of getting ambushed or flanked from behind in a MP game.
The loadouts are unfortunately intrinsically linked to loot and battle passes etc. why pay for these things if you cannot use them. Expect this to become common, sadly.

carlosrox

Banned
Plunder is absolute trash and should never be advertised as the main mode. I've a thousand wins on this game and probably 3 on plunder. It's so fucking boring and casual.

What? How is Plunder trash lol? It's the same as BR minus being able to play for like 10s of mins only to die in 2 seconds outright.

If any mode is boring it's the BR mode. The pace is way slower, so I dunno how you can tell me that's the boring one.

And casual? What? You can play it as competitively or as passively as you want.

I don’t hate the BR mode like some people do but I completely understand how people could be put off by it. I'm fine with it, I've had some crazy wins and some good times with it, but Plunder is way the hell more enjoyable.

My last post summed it up pretty nicely but I'll repeat it again anyway.

Better pace, starting with your own loadout, infinite respawn, way easier to just do whatever you want, that all adds up to more fun and a better experience/representation of what the game has to offer.

Last edited:

Kerotan

What? How is Plunder trash lol? It's the same as BR minus being able to play for like 10s of mins only to die in 2 seconds outright.

If any mode is boring it's the BR mode. The pace is way slower, so I dunno how you can tell me that's the boring one.

And casual? What? You can play it as competitively or as passively as you want.

I don’t hate the BR mode like some people do but I completely understand how people could be put off by it. I'm fine with it, I've had some crazy wins and some good times with it, but Plunder is way the hell more enjoyable.

My last post summed it up pretty nicely but I'll repeat it again anyway.

Better pace, starting with your own loadout, infinite respawn, way easier to just do whatever you want, that all adds up to more fun and a better experience/representation of what the game has to offer.
WZ puts 50 teams against each other and eventually forces everyone to fight, so it might be easy to wipe out the first few teams but eventually you'll come up against good teams. It is so tactical and if your team aren't noobs it ain't slow paced. This is my average game.

1. Land and get a heli.

2. team wipe the enemy team that landed with us.

2. Loot up get load out and uav

3. Get bounty and push them with heli

4. Pop uav and wipe out bounty

5. Rinse and repeat until the 3rd circle starts closing them play it slow and tactically to try win the game.

A good game for our squad we'll have anywhere from 40 to 80 kills. And kills on wz are so much more rewarding.

Concern

Warzone BR is easily the best BR game out. Im just tired of the map so I haven't played it much. Lets see when the new map releases tho. Maybe I get back into it.

BigLee74

I don’t think I’ve enjoyed any game as much as I did Warzone at its peak. Trios with mates, when everyone was finding their feet and trying new stuff out, simply amazing.

Unfortunately, it is now predominantly bunny-hopping PC M&K players with super fast turn speeds and laser aim. Games these days often involve getting wiped out almost immediately.

Without the ability to turn off crossplay, the game is no longer fun. It’s now rarely played by us, and the only thing stopping me from deleting it completely is curiosity for what Vanguard will bring.

HTK

Banned
I don’t think I’ve enjoyed any game as much as I did Warzone at its peak. Trios with mates, when everyone was finding their feet and trying new stuff out, simply amazing.

Unfortunately, it is now predominantly bunny-hopping PC M&K players with super fast turn speeds and laser aim. Games these days often involve getting wiped out almost immediately.

Without the ability to turn off crossplay, the game is no longer fun. It’s now rarely played by us, and the only thing stopping me from deleting it completely is curiosity for what Vanguard will bring.

Funny you say that as the most competitive players that participate in WZ Tournaments are predominantly controller players.

Heard of back paddles? aim-assist?

If you're going to have an issue with crossplay it should be the cheaters. And if you have an issue with m&kb you should have an issue with strong aim assist as well.

BigLee74

Funny you say that as the most competitive players that participate in WZ Tournaments are predominantly controller players.

Heard of back paddles? aim-assist?

If you're going to have an issue with crossplay it should be the cheaters. And if you have an issue with m&kb you should have an issue with strong aim assist as well.

I don’t have an issue with either input device alone - my issue is with mixing them.

As a guy who has played fast twitch shooters like Unreal Tournament for the past 20-odd years on the PC using a m&k, and who has also used a controller on the xbox for the past 10 years, I am VERY aware of how much easier things are with a m&k.

It’s not even close, and it’s pointless trying to argue with me otherwise. The only thing that keeps it SEMI competitive between the different input devices is the aim assist for controllers, but the average controller player will still get trounced by the average m&k player.

There are of course, always freakish outliers.

Last edited:

apotema

I feel like a lot of people making the claim that Warzone is no good don't play the far, FAR superior Plunder.

- infinite respawn (squad wipe is still a thing but you can sorta cheat it a bit by picking up an objective that will keep your team nearby until the obj is done/over)
- custom loadouts from the getgo
- much better pace
- better gameplay "loop"

Plunder is fucking awesome. It should seriously be advertised as the base mode and any BR game that doesn't have a mode like Plunder is fucking missing out.

I got several replays of this game just turning into a fucking nonstop thrillride action movie in Plunder. Dudes dropping left and right, my team very well coordinated and synchronized, crazy back and forth battles, multiple teams engaging on eachother...it's fucking brilliant.

Warzone is amazing and Plunder is the proof.

If people can watch this and tell me with a straight face this isn't amazeballs then I wish I could be as jaded as you. Mind you this is just me and a buddy playing a mode meant for 4 people and it still got this crazy. Forgive my excitement at one point in the vid but I did feel pretty damn good at the game for this great run. Sorry, not sorry!

Play Plunder.

I agree, Plunder is amazing

You know what is amazing? Actually playing a videogame.

BR in a lot of cases is not a videogame, its a parachuting simulator and a glorified stream once you are dead and have to wait half an hour to your teammate to be killed as well.

carlosrox

Banned

WZ puts 50 teams against each other and eventually forces everyone to fight, so it might be easy to wipe out the first few teams but eventually you'll come up against good teams. It is so tactical and if your team aren't noobs it ain't slow paced. This is my average game.

1. Land and get a heli.

2. team wipe the enemy team that landed with us.

2. Loot up get load out and uav

3. Get bounty and push them with heli

4. Pop uav and wipe out bounty

5. Rinse and repeat until the 3rd circle starts closing them play it slow and tactically to try win the game.

A good game for our squad we'll have anywhere from 40 to 80 kills. And kills on wz are so much more rewarding.

80 fucking kills? You're telling me you and your squad somehow kill all but 20 players in a match?

If you can get 80 kills in the mode that's clearly more difficult, with a 1000 wins, how do you only have 3 wins in Plunder? That don't make no damn sense.

Everything you said you do you can do in Plunder and then some. Plunder can be much more aggressive (for you and your enemies) since going for a proper wipe can be much more of a back and forth war of attrition between teams. You cannot do this in BR.

I really don't see what advantages BR has over Plunder aside from maybe a better sense of satisfaction from getting a win.

Last edited:

Kerotan

80 fucking kills? You're telling me you and your squad somehow kill all but 20 players in a match?

If you can get 80 kills in the mode that's clearly more difficult, with a 1000 wins, how do you only have 3 wins in Plunder? That don't make no damn sense.

Everything you said you do you can do in Plunder and then some. Plunder can be much more aggressive (for you and your enemies) since going for a proper wipe can be much more of a back and forth war of attrition between teams. You cannot do this in BR.

I really don't see what advantages BR has over Plunder aside from maybe a better sense of satisfaction from getting a win.
3 wins at most in plunder because I don't play it. It's fucking shit and uber casual.

There's 150 people in warzone and everyone has a gulag so that's like 200+ lives. Not to mention people doing King pins and buying back team mates. An average game probably has 300 kills in it.

97 is our record but we would regularly get 40 to 60. But even if we win a game and only have 20 kills between us it feels way more satisfying then plunder. There's no pressure on your life in that mode.

carlosrox

Banned
There's no pressure on your life in that mode.

Well if you wanna get first place and the top teams are fighting over the money there is pressure. There's as much pressure as you want there to be. Same goes for both modes. It's not like everyone who plays BR is a pro player and everyone who plays Plunder is a noob, I'm not really sure what you're getting at here. Lots of people in this thread have complained about lack of loadouts, waiting extended periods of time, and dying in 2 seconds. Plunder has none of these weaknesses. It's definitely the better mode I'd recommend to basically everyone.

BR being harder cuz you can die doesn't make the mode inherently better.

Plunder absolutely addresses a lot of the complaints in this thread though.

Kerotan

Well if you wanna get first place and the top teams are fighting over the money there is pressure. There's as much pressure as you want there to be. Same goes for both modes. It's not like everyone who plays BR is a pro player and everyone who plays Plunder is a noob, I'm not really sure what you're getting at here. Lots of people in this thread have complained about lack of loadouts, waiting extended periods of time, and dying in 2 seconds. Plunder has none of these weaknesses. It's definitely the better mode I'd recommend to basically everyone.

BR being harder cuz you can die doesn't make the mode inherently better.

Plunder absolutely addresses a lot of the complaints in this thread though.
Half the people playing plunder do it to level up guns. They don't even take the mode seriously.

Top Bottom