• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm not a game pass or subscription guy at all, BUT...

Soodanim

I forgot about Quick Resume, but I bet you could really get used to that feature. It's genius, I'm surprised it hasn't been a bigger deal. Maybe I missed the discussion surrounding it.

sendit

They rushed out two games they delayed for over a year?

And if you need two jobs to afford a video game you really should reconsider your career
pubattlegrounds GIF

pasterpl

alot of these games you mentioned has yet to release, i mean the same can be said to Playstation games, its not like they stop releasing games now.
I prefer to not talk about "future"games for now ,its rather pointless.
This year is bit ‘dry’ compared to last year when ms releases; Flight sim, forza horizon + HotWheels(could/should be stand alone game released in 2022), gears hivebusters, psychonauts 2, age of empires, halo infinite, as dusk falls (2022), we have got pentiment coming soon as well.

You also ignored my whole bit about other selling points with Xbox.
Backwards compatibility, emulation, cross device save sync (pc-Xbox), play anywhere on some titles, backward compatibility on hardware (controllers), better game pad, quick resume, more 120fps games, last year multiple highly ranked first party releases, cloud gaming (test game via cloud before install + play your games while away), cheaper games

And this paints quite simple picture;

All of the above + gamepass + roadmap they have got for 2022-2023 and beyond.
https://www.trueachievements.com/n50708/xbox-game-pass-coming-soon-2022-2023#

It is hard not to get excited.

Roberts

It’s obvious all consoles are great and will do just fine in the near future, but there is something exciting about owning xbox these days. Gone are the dark ages of X1 and there is so much to look forward to. Even if it takes longer than I would like to.

Wohc

Banned
Wow. This seemed to have really triggered some people. Just wanted some opinions or peoples thoughts on why I may be thinking this way but I guess I rubbed some people the wrong way. Sheesh. Sorry for trying to start a civil discussion.
Just ignore them, those who get triggered by a thread like this are fanboy warriors. You won't miss them, trust me.

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

In the same boat, love my PS, platinumed Elden Ring and Stranger of Paradise but always come back to my Xbox due to the eco system.

Effortless cloud saves, cloud gaming (good in some use cases), Dolby Vision and all the mod con stuff to go with my LG C1, Backwards Compatability etc, its a shame some games are skipping Xbox for Playstation like Mega Man and a few others but I mainly play JRPGs and majority are coming to Xbox now which is great.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
As someone else said it ... you sound like a xbox fan (anyone who bought the xbox one at launch after that inicial disaster is an xbox fan) that had to buy the ps4 for obvious reasons and now is turning back to your normal self... nothing wrong with that by the way... but thats what it sounds like

Last edited:

Lasha

I think you just enjoy good games. I also think its sad that people still buy into the console war BS to the point that you feel like you have to justify enjoying a console.

RAIDEN1

"Fan-boy-ism" be damned but for me I have increasingly found that I am not missing out on not getting the PS5...the Xbox series X is the only platform where there is as as good as you'll get a Motostorm Pacific Rift, with the latest Forza Horizon, only thing missing in it is motorbikes/Quadbikes...had it not been for the fact that you can only use option files for the best football game there is right now (PES 2021) on the PS4/5 then more than 90% of my gaming would be on Microsoft's console....(and I know I've mentioned it multiple times but in terms of consoles, Playstation doesn't let you play the likes of Panzer Dragoon Orta, or the best Metal Gear games released outside of Metal Gear 4...)

Mr.ODST

"Fan-boy-ism" be damned but for me I have increasingly found that I am not missing out on not getting the PS5...the Xbox series X is the only platform where there is as as good as you'll get a Motostorm Pacific Rift, with the latest Forza Horizon, only thing missing in it is motorbikes/Quadbikes...had it not been for the fact that you can only use option files for the best football game there is right now (PES 2021) on the PS4/5 then more than 90% of my gaming would be on Microsoft's console....(and I know I've mentioned it multiple times but in terms of consoles, Playstation doesn't let you play the likes of Panzer Dragoon Orta, or the best Metal Gear games released outside of Metal Gear 4...)
You cant use option files on PS5 btw, the feature still hasn't been added in

I had a XB1 last gen and the GamePass made it really tempting to go with a Series X. In the end though all those Playstation games lured me back over. Having a Dualsense and now PS Extra to catch up on all the games I missed just reinforces that.

MacReady13

I don’t have nor care about Game Pass. That is not the selling point for me. I’m thinking maybe it’s the soo
'i prefer Xbox because they care about me'

The op
You have no idea. I own all 3 consoles out now (PS5 , Switch and Series X) and in fact own more games (currently) on PS5 over Series X. I mentioned I don't own or ever plan to get Game Pass so I'm not too sure what you're talking about but yes, Microsoft do seem to be talking to the gamers so far this gen far more than Sony. If you don't like that then there is not much more I can say or care to say to you.

AllBizness

Banned
I clearly wrote that I have no idea what it is... hence why I am asking the question.

Sony getting the messaging wrong- well it seems to me Microsoft seems to be showing more care for the gamers. Sony complaining about backwards compatibility, complaining about Call of Duty being on Xbox game pass etc etc. Seems they aren't really focused on the gamer like they were during the PS4 era.

Game Pass is a rental service so not my thing. Not too sure why that is such a hard concept to grasp for some here... Both Microsoft and Sony (and to a lesser degree Nintendo) are doing it so I'm not sure what the issue here is.

As for explaining my thoughts, I think I put some effort into explaining what I needed. I clearly stated I have no idea why I am favoring Xbox over PS5 and wanted some others to maybe help explain something I may not be seeing but is happening in the backround would help me to understand this sudden shift in thinking.
You want an Xbox over a PS5 and you're not sure why? Gamers typically know what they want and why they want it. It must be the games right? What else could it be?

MacReady13

You want an Xbox over a PS5 and you're not sure why? Gamers typically know what they want and why they want it. It must be the games right? What else could it be?
I said originally Sony was acting a little anti consumer and Microsoft seemed to be more in line with gamers this gen. I guess I wasn't far off the mark with Sony announcing a new price hike for the near impossible to find PS5. Sony is back to their arrogant selves and I'm not impressed at all. And this is coming a week or so before the release of a reskinned game that has been now re-released twice!!! And for a premium price to boot! Sony, you can go and get fucked.

AllBizness

Banned
I said originally Sony was acting a little anti consumer and Microsoft seemed to be more in line with gamers this gen. I guess I wasn't far off the mark with Sony announcing a new price hike for the near impossible to find PS5. Sony is back to their arrogant selves and I'm not impressed at all. And this is coming a week or so before the release of a reskinned game that has been now re-released twice!!! And for a premium price to boot! Sony, you can go and get fucked.
I could care less how consoles effect others, just me.

Shrap

The mask completely slipped after 3 pages. Well done OP.

Just play what you enjoy.

MacReady13

The mask completely slipped after 3 pages. Well done OP.

Just play what you enjoy.
Oh if only you knew what consoles I’ve played my whole life. Some of you clowns wanna put people in special gamer camps like we only play certain consoles and not others as we are fanboys… but have your opinions!

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
I have both and Gamepass is nice and all, but I have spent more hours on my ps5. When the games start coming in series X, it might change, but right now ps5 is my preference.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
In my opinion, outside of the small fumble on software this year with starfield and redfall. MS are bringing it this gen.

Of course this is my opinion, and I understand if you don't want to agree.

They have the better hardware overall, smaller, more powerful, silent, less power draw delivering higher TF.
More support for technology from day one and to this day, better vrr support from day one, Dolby Vision etc.

Amazing backwards compatibility and respect for your library and past purchases and wherever you choose to play (PC or xbox)

Great support for sales and on some titles an easy way to pick up cheap games through vpn which they haven't cut off yet.

Then of course game pass, the best deal in gaming.

These are what I feel are just facts this gen.

Then I also really like my ps5 and I think Sony have brought it this gen with returnal, Miles morales and demons souls but outside of that I don't think they are at the level they are held at imo. I am bored of their cutty cutter style playstation games. God of war is right up my street and I can't wait but I'm not interested in anything else they've offered really. Let's see what 2023 brings.

Kagey K

Banned
I have both and Gamepass is nice and all, but I have spent more hours on my ps5. When the games start coming in series X, it might change, but right now ps5 is my preference.
TBH if you think the games aren't there right now, you are likely never going to be satisfied, no matter what they do.

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
TBH if you think the games aren't there right now, you are likely never going to be satisfied, no matter what they do.
Are they really? I am looking forward to the first party output that should be coming from all the studios Microsoft bought. You can't really argue that is there already.

b0uncyfr0

Firmly believe :If you own a Series console, gamepass is a no brainer.

You can get it for 2.5 euros a month (for 3 years). That's a cheeseburger from mackas. Its nothing.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Microsoft is always a step ahead of Sony when it comes to ecosystems (sociability, virtual store, and now Game Pass). Having content on their ecosystem feels better than Sony's so I get it.

With that said, come to PC (primarily Steam). Come to the light, OP.
Definitely feel the same way. Their way of doing BC is better as well. Sony needs to step up in that department

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
People praising the campaign sausage because it’s cheap is beyond me. It will ruin gaming and devalue it like it’s doing now.
Sony following is not good.
Microsoft always introduces the worst trends like paid online and then goes to ruin next thing.
The sub ecosystem maybe has its place but being and all be all it is not

I get it. Not a fan of Japanese games or Sony’s brand of 3rd person games. Sony offers me no value in comparison to the Series X. I play shooters and western RPG style games. Sony is weaker in that respect.

Top Bottom