• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm really enjoying this game Blue Fire I picked up. Anyone here play it?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
It's like a cross between a Metroidvania, Zelda, Souls-like, with platforming elements.

The only downside is I read up on the game before I bought it and the biggest complaint seems to be, just when you get super into the game and fall in love with it, it kind of abruptly ends and it feels like it could've and should've been much longer. Maybe they just didn't have the budget?

Regardless, I'm enjoying it a lot at this point in time. Curious if anyone here has played it. If not, worth picking up on sale if you like Metroidvanias, or Zelda-like games with platforming elements.

You had me at Metroidvania, then even more at Zelda. Sadly, my 11 on 10 hype meter shot back down to minus 1 when you mentioned Souls-like and platforming.

Doom85

imagination jerking off GIF

But seriously, you got me to check out a trailer, and yeah this looks cool. Definitely picking it up soon.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
You had me at Metroidvania, then even more at Zelda. Sadly, my 11 on 10 hype meter shot back down to minus 1 when you mentioned Souls-like and platforming.
The only souls-like thing about it is when you die you have to make it back to where you died to reclaim your currency. But the game isn’t very difficult, I only died once accidentally. That’s the only souls part about it, and it’s dark in nature.

The platforming is minor. Not much more than a Metroid game bouncing between walls to reach some areas, etc. Like Darksiders.

Last edited:

Aldric

It's like a cross between a Metroidvania, Zelda, Souls-like, with platforming elements.

The only downside is I read up on the game before I bought it and the biggest complaint seems to be, just when you get super into the game and fall in love with it, it kind of abruptly ends and it feels like it could've and should've been much longer. Maybe they just didn't have the budget?

Regardless, I'm enjoying it a lot at this point in time. Curious if anyone here has played it. If not, worth picking up on sale if you like Metroidvanias, or Zelda-like games with platforming elements.
I loved it, it's one of my favorite games of the year. Sadly it was broken when it released, it crashed constantly but despite that I had tons of fun with it. It's the only 3D platformer in recent years that feel fundamentally good to play outside of Mario games and the void sections are some of the best platforming challenges in recent years. Great atmosphere too, a bit like a 3D Hollow Knight with some really neat music.

TLZ

Banned
I saw it a week or two earlier and liked it. Will buy at some point for sure.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Yeah looks cool, thanks OP. I wanted a shorter game after just finishing Guardians of the Galaxy. Perfect!

Banjo64

cumsessed
£8.99 on sale on Switch at the moment.

I’ve only found out about it this morning, looks like an ace game. I’m going to buy it after work.

Top Bottom