• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm worried about a Twitter trending hashtag (may be sensitive!)

Michele

you.
Apparently for some reason there is a new hashtag trending on Twitter and it's kinda concerning. I mean, for myself, personally, I'm on a neutral opinion but also I'm like ?????, as if I am TRYING to process what was being conveyed.

I am not going to beat around the bush, this 'Eat your friends day' trend is interesting yet a bit concerning at the same time. The tweets are funny personally but I do not condone the peoples telling them "go seek therapy". I don't really think it's right, and also, there are also warnings to not look at it, or just ignore the tweet if you don't like it.

But I'm just making a thread about it because it was the most interesting tweet I've seen in awhile.

ManaByte

So joking about cannibalism is fine but therapy is a no no? k
GIF by IMDb

ShadowLag

Twitter doesn't represent real life, I wouldn't worry about it.

EDIT: I'll go a step further and say it doesn't even represent a small portion of the population or anything resembling real life. It's easy to fall into the line of thinking that an "official" online platform is the defacto standard place to find facts as an online computer nerd such as myself, but I've come to realize that the vast majority of the world are not online computer nerds and don't worry about half the stuff we tend to.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

I don't even use Twittter and even if I did I never follow its default trending hashtags much like how I never bother with Youtube trending section.

Cattlyst

I put twitter.com and t.co on my domain blacklist a while ago. You won’t miss it, trust me.
This. I did the same several years ago and twitter just isn't a thing for me know. Life is better. I still have friends who send me links to twitter drama threads who then remember I cant/won't look at it. Imagine being addicted to twitter. Hellish.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
The worst post I saw on Twitter was about a dog furry that posted his (or fir) frozen hands in dry ice so he gets amputated so he could finally get paws implants. And people were celebrating that because he was becoming firself. The blatant mental illness from every party involved was too much. Seems it was a hoax but why would people support that?!

Last edited:
huh???
I keep re-reading but I'm kinda baffled. I don't understand the things the kids do. I feel like an old person with an oversized hearing aid. What's going on?
I think it was national rape awareness day the other day. And a bunch of losers started saying its national rape day so time to rape. I think a lot of gullible people believed it and started talking about going to work that day with mace. Now its eat your friends day or some shit.

I think female Twitter is getting trolled hard. I saw someone holding a cardboard sign last week downtown saying "rape is not a joke!"

StormCell

And yet those who are in the positions of making important decisions, do.

Or at least use it as a propagation platform.
I think it's more of a propagation platform. Activists rely on it to coordinate their efforts. I honestly believe that no major corporate decisions have happened because of tweets but rather as a result of Twitter users taking action as a result of what they've seen on Twitter.

There is one case, however, where I believe a book editor had her contract terminated because Twitter users @'d her boss on some Twitter threads pointing out some politically motivated actions by the editor. That was just rotten, but then what can you expect from an activist on Twitter who also happens to own a publishing firm?

More high profile cases like Gina Carano probably generated a lot more formal mail, annoying phone calls, street protests, and general unrest in the workplace.

Quit using twitter and it will go away.

Probably get bought by some clueless company trying to get hip, like buying myspace or whatever.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Share with the class, i still dont get what the hell the op is talking about

I dont go near twitter, the only true ideology anyone need follow

This stuff has been around for at least 20 years or so. I first learned about it on DeviantArt.

Taken from Urban Dictionary:

vore
Short for "voraphilia" or "vorarephilia": a fetish in which one fantasizes about being eaten alive or eating another creature alive (sometimes known as phagophilia). The most common type of vore is "soft vore", being swallowed or swallowing whole with no bloodshed. There is also the less common "hard vore" which involves the tearing and chewing of flesh. Other types of vore include macrophilia and microphilia, in which one character involved in the vore is larger or smaller than normal.

Many might associate vore with cannibalism; however, most voraphiles do not favor cannibalism. Vore is an imaginary fetish; that is, it is impossible to perform in real life in the way most fantasize, unlike most cannibalism.

Also included with vore is sometimes the "furry" community: people who are interested in usually anthromorphic animals (humanized creatures). With animals as characters in vore fantasies, predation is natural and therefore somewhat more realistic.

Normal People Drama GIF by CBC

This stuff has been around for at least 20 years or so. I first learned about it on DeviantArt.

Taken from Urban Dictionary:

vore
Short for "voraphilia" or "vorarephilia": a fetish in which one fantasizes about being eaten alive or eating another creature alive (sometimes known as phagophilia). The most common type of vore is "soft vore", being swallowed or swallowing whole with no bloodshed. There is also the less common "hard vore" which involves the tearing and chewing of flesh. Other types of vore include macrophilia and microphilia, in which one character involved in the vore is larger or smaller than normal.

Many might associate vore with cannibalism; however, most voraphiles do not favor cannibalism. Vore is an imaginary fetish; that is, it is impossible to perform in real life in the way most fantasize, unlike most cannibalism.

Also included with vore is sometimes the "furry" community: people who are interested in usually anthromorphic animals (humanized creatures). With animals as characters in vore fantasies, predation is natural and therefore somewhat more realistic.

Normal People Drama GIF by CBC
I know what that is lol..i mean what was going on at twitter..i couldnt understand the ops post...is it a hashtag about literally eating yoru friends? A joke hashtag..a fetish hashtag? Did it spring from something that happened or some furry diaper wearing weirdos just decided to start posting about vore

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I know what that is lol..i mean what was going on at twitter..i couldnt understand the ops post...is it a hashtag about literally eating yoru friends? A joke hashtag..a fetish hashtag?

From what I can gather, it was something a certain group of furries created to celibrate their vore fetish more publicly than normal?

My only guess of how it trended so highly on Twitter is because normal people previously unaware of the fetish came across it and started sharing their shocked reactions in high numbers.

. . .

All I can say is...with each brand new day comes another reason I'm thankful to God I've basically had zero interest in sex my whole life. :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

BigBooper

I watched this movie with the kids last night. I didn't know they had this particular mental illness back then, but it has to be a reference, right?

From what I can gather, it was something a certain group of furries created to celibrate their vore fetish more publicly than normal?

My only guess of how it trended so highly on Twitter is because normal people previously unaware of the fetish came across it and started sharing their shocked reactions in high numbers.

. . .

All I can say is...with each brand new day comes another reason I'm thankful to God I've basically had zero interest in sex my whole life. :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
cmon you know you want it

de7e32t-785f0c81-4900-4543-af25-35ceb02bb2f5.png

what the hell did sonic adventure do to the heads of millenials?

TonyK

I've read the OT twice and I still don't know what he's talking about. I'm too old to understand this new form of cryptic communication.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
But I ate my female friend in the past. It was more satisfactory than concerning, so where is the concern?

Top Bottom