• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Imagine Dragons set to perform something video game related at The Game Awards with "some very special guests"

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

MiguelItUp

I feel like it'll be Riot/League-based.

Regardless, Imagine Dragons?

Uhhh...

nah-im-good-sip-beer.gif

I always hate it when the vg awards stop for music and what not... This is not why I watch this show... Well I don't actually watch it live anymore, I get the trailers afterwards, no BS, no boot licking.

Just games.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
At the last minute of Imagine Dragons' set, Nickelback comes out with Creed and all 3 bands combine to form a Rock Voltron that simultaneously drops in Fortnite in the physical and digital world at the same time; causing a giant earthquake that turns into a new map in the game shaped like Ariana Grande.

(NFTs will be available for sale in Fortnite for each 5 second clip of the song)

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
Easily the worst part of Arcane.
I've never been more thankful for the existence of the "Skip Intro" button than with Arcane's opening.

Last edited:

Fbh

Yeah probably some Arcane/LOL thing.
Hopefully it's tied to some new show or game announcement and not just an annoying music performance.

Easily the worst part of Arcane.
I've never been more thankful for the existence of the "Skip Intro" button than with Arcane's opening.

Yup, I'm on episode 4 and enjoying it but the intro and need to have at least one out of place licensed song in every chapter are easily the worst part so far.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Kind of a modern rock band but being bothered because imagine dragons is performing at a game show is absolutely insane.
Whatever It Takes GIF by Imagine Dragons

Deft Beck

The Game Awards is always host to the safest pop acts possible so this is no surprise.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
I feel like they are turning into this generation's Creed. But hey. If they rock your boat, fuck what everyone says or thinks and bop that shit homie.

You Do You GIF
As crazy christian as Creed was, I think Creed was better. I heard the lead singer lost his fucking mind in the 2010's and did some silly shit.

Last edited:
Ah, producers: they just can’t help themselves.

I actually a few songs by ID, but they are featured so grossly in marketing it hurts.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I feel like they are turning into this generation's Creed. But hey. If they rock your boat, fuck what everyone says or thinks and bop that shit homie.

You Do You GIF
I don’t think you can use imagine dragons and “rock” in the same sentence.. I’m pretty sure it’s illegal.

They are more of a soft pop spoken word type of thing .. sometimes to a poppy Walmart keyboard beat. 🤷‍♂️

ButchCat

I love how Geoff does this every year like it's supposed to legitimize the TGAs but ironically it just makes the whole thing even cringier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom