• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Immortal Fenix Down is much better than Breath of the Wild!

mxbison

It's definitely underappreciated. Better than BOTW in some areas, weaker in others.

When it released many players (and critics) were kinda tired of open world and hating Ubisoft was the cool thing to do.

nordique

It’s not even close to BotW

It’s a solid game but it’s solid the way a well made knock off product is good

it’s a typical Ubisoft open world game: full of “empty carbs” lacking substance

I will say it had more substance than most Ubisoft open world games of late

Last edited:
I need to start this up again. I kinda got a bit bored with it and I was wondering if it was worth playing through even though I paid for it.

But its still 10x better than BOTW

Kjov0iC.jpg

Synless

No it isn’t. I didn’t even care for Breath of the wild as a Zelda game and I recognize it is a far superior game to Fenix

Xenon

Completely agree. Immortal is leagues ahead for me. Take away the Zelda IP and the game wouldn't done well at all. It does have some amazing moments but it's not worth dealing with one of the worst mechanics in any open world game I have played.

Fenyx Rising on the other hand really surprised me. It came in with its own personality and doesn't take itself to seriously. I findit refreshing. While it does come off a little procedural, It doesn't really matter to me because I'm enjoying doing all the little tasks. I also like the gameplay and fighting mechanics as well as the puzzles. It's just fun.

It's obvious that Ubisoft was inspired a lot from breath of the wild when making this game. I just hope Nintendo isn't isn't too proud to look at some of the good things that are in here and adopt them

Last edited:

ultrazilla

I own BOTW on my switch and Immortal Fenix Down on my PS5. Fenix Down trumps Zelda in every way.

Bettter story telling, better combat, better world navigation, better weapon system, better Powe up system, more interesting characters, much prettier graphics, more variety in the open world, much more populated world than BOTW mostly empty world, better charm, etc. I got this game for under $30 on Amazon and it's simply blowing me away. Immortal Fenix Rising maybe the most under appreciated game of this generation so far!

*mods please fix title to Fenix Rising. Stupid autocorrect!

GET. THIS. HOT. GARBAGE. DOGGIE. DOO. DOO. TAKE. OUTTA. HERE!

1NAn.gif

1NAr.gif

1NAl.gif

FocusedWellinformedBantamrooster-max-1mb.gif

Star-Lord

Uh oh...here comes people telling you "you're wrong!"

But definitely an amazing game.
Oh, my bad, here I thought we were allowed an opinion. I didn’t realise we just had to take it as gospel and follow blindly. Sorry.

OP OVERLORD, YOU ARE RIGHT, ITS AN AMAZING GAME. NOTHING WILL EVER COME CLOSE.

Thread reminds me of the Ass creed Odyssey vs Witcher 3 thread. You can point out mechanic this vs graphics that. One will have that magic and the other won't.

DJTaurus

BOTW and RDR2 are the best games of last gen. Fenix is just a colourful version of the utter boredom AC recipe…. with some added fresh ideas for a Ubisoft game. There is literally no life on its fake/generic world….. playing the demo was enough to not even purchase the game on discount. Another ubi title waste of your time. I am very angry towards the gaming community that gave a free pass at this game because it was supposed to be a ubi attempt to offer sth fresh….. that doesn’t change the fact that c r a p is still c r a p.

Mozza

I own BOTW on my switch and Immortal Fenix Down on my PS5. Fenix Down trumps Zelda in every way.

Bettter story telling, better combat, better world navigation, better weapon system, better Powe up system, more interesting characters, much prettier graphics, more variety in the open world, much more populated world than BOTW mostly empty world, better charm, etc. I got this game for under $30 on Amazon and it's simply blowing me away. Immortal Fenix Rising maybe the most under appreciated game of this generation so far!

*mods please fix title to Fenix Rising. Stupid autocorrect!
No it's not, and I own both games as well.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Completing shrines keeps you in a groove, people compare it to Zelda (Ganon, and Typhon.) but it's its own unique ancient greek game. Anyway, I'm ready for Breath of the Wild 2.

RafterXL

I've been saying this since it released. Of course, I think BotW is probably the most overrated game of the last two decades.

Lanrutcon

I did not enjoy it, but I don't like puzzles because I am a bloodthirsty savage that wants to kill everything I meet.

I swear, if BOTW 2 has the same weapon bullshit as the first we need to riot.

Marty-McFly

Banned
It's like the OP never even played the game he doesn't even know the name of before he chucked out this thread.

In any case, Rising is like a BOTW clone that literally stripped all the joy and wonder from BOTW and replaced it with some ubi jank.

Immortals has good gameplay and art, but I just can't take the tone of the story. If I live the rest of my life without another irony-bro slapstick toned story I will be very happy. Ruined what could have been a very good game. I couldn't continue because of it.

Zannegan

Hard disagree.

Spent a lot of time with Fenyx Rising lately, it's good enough as a scavenger hunting game, lrovided you have something else to listen to, but it has all the classic Ubisoft problems in full force. BotW has its issues, but what it does right it does so well that FR isn't even on the same plane.

Also, the characters in FR, including the milquetoast Fenyx, are so irritating and awfully written that it makes me wish they had just skipped the story.

this remind me of that AC Odyssey is better than Witcher thread.

ultimately BOTW has a soul. And is a masterpiece that inspires wonderment. Trust me Genshin Impact does some things better than BOTW too. But it aint BOTW

LectureMaster

Gold Member
First AC Odyssey better than Witcher 3 and now Fenyx Rising better than BOTW.

Okay folks I will do the next : Watch dogs legion is much better than GTA 5!

Last edited:

Hugare

You are going to get some heat, but you are right, OP

Its better in almost every way

I see many people on this first page alone just saying "no, you're wrong" without telling us why, and I expect many more to come

TexMex

I’ll bypass the OP ball busting about the title but I 100% agree. Sincerely enjoyed this game more than BotW, said so are the time in the OT. Did the full platinum 100% too. Truly a great game and no one was more shocked than me, I got it because I was starved for more PS5 stuff and it was one of my favorite games of last year.

Tschumi

I loved fenyx rising, but i haven't completed either haha.. player less botw because i saw what they were asking for in terms of time and couldn't offer it.. fenyx has great exploration mechanics, gliding etc, and the combat is really tight with great superpowers.. it's like zelda when link is all maxed out, but moreso... It's a really fun game, with a great sense of humour and great voice acting... Fenyx the character is a bit borderline lame at times.. but not, i really liked the game. Probably played about 10 hours and expect to play more one day.

Botw, yeah, I just didn't have the mental energy for it

Majukun

The cooking system actually had benefits though so I can’t hate it. The weapon durability accomplished nothing but making the game more tedious. Fuck that crap.
you would be surprised how much positive the weapon durability system does for he game, the game would fall apart immediately without it
you can not like it, but it's like not liking stealth and playing mgs..it's not like the game would be better without it, it's just not your cup of tea

anyway, if this is even a discussion i might have to try the game

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
you would be surprised how much positive the weapon durability system does for he game, the game would fall apart immediately without it
you can not like it, but it's like not liking stealth and playing mgs..it's not like the game would be better without it, it's just not your cup of tea

anyway, if this is even a discussion i might have to try the game
I was surprised at how much I hated it.

CitizenZ

Banned
Loved Immortals and one of my favorites in the last few years probably because its in the best VG setting, Greek mythology. But I also have never had an interest to play as a Kibbler Elf, so its a no for Zelda.

Stuart360

I dont really see why this question is such a shock to some poeple. Not only was Fenix highly praised, but its clearly inspired by Zelda. I enjoyed Fenix more myself.

I do love the anti Ubisoft cheerleaders though. Always good for a laugh.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I didn't like how heavily it relied on those samey, repetitive puzzle levels. But the open world and all other mechanics were pretty great.

Top Bottom