• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In Mass Effect 3 what ending did you choose? *Major Spoilers*

What ending did you Choose in Mass Effect 3?

• Control the Reapers

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Kill all articifical life in the Galaxy

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Unite Synthetic and Organic life into one. Cyborg's everywhere!

Votes: 23 47.9%

• Total voters

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Do not proceed further unless you have completed the game.....

So after the crucible is in place we finally get to meet the Catalyst. It appears as a reflection of the little boy who died early in the game and the one haunting Sheppard's dreams. So you are given two choices but can also get a third if you meet certain Requirements.

The first choice is for Sheppard to give up his life but transfer his essence to control the reapers. The illusion man is right they could of been controlled. In this ending the Reapers are controlled by a digital version of Sheppard. These Reapers actually are shown to be helping rebuild all the destruction. Reapers and the various races working together look to be creating a new age. This could be a Utopia of sorts due to the Reapers adapting Sheppard's sense of honor.

The Second Choice is to destroy all A.I in the galaxy. This would instantly kill the Reapers, Legion/the Geth, Eve, The Catalyst and every other A.I in the galaxy. This would create peace for a time but the cycle will continue. In generations New A.I will be created and again the same struggles will be seen. Remember that the Reapers were a form of A.I created by the Leviathans millions of years ago. Eventually with this ending this A.I. organic battle will come full circle.

The Third choice is if you complete certain criteria you can have a third option. The choice to meld Organic and Synthetic life into one new type of Race. In this option peace is created between A.I. and organic life because they are one in the same.

kyussman

The greeen one I think.......fuck me,all that time in those games and it came down to red,blue or green.I was underwhelmed.

MagnesD3

Unite all Organic and Synthetic Life, it was actually the perfect solution to solving peace forever honestly. I wish that ending got more respect than it does. People way overblow how bad the ending was in this game.

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
I chose Green but I also liked Red.
But if you think about them deeper for longer than 5 seconds, they're all shit.

Last edited:

-Zelda-

Banned
Unite, so Joker can have his robot fuck fantasies come true.
It would have been really cool in that ending if they showed him walk out of the normandy during the ending, but his legs are perfect. He's cyber now, so the bone problem he has should be a none issue. missed opportunity, unless I am misremembering?

Destroy, always and forever. Destroying the Reapers was the goal from Day One. I'm sorry that EDI and the Geth die too, but artificial "life" is not life. They're machines. They're hardware and software. They exist because they were built by living things to be tools and serve a purpose and as such, can be decommissioned whenever their designers have deemed them unnecessary.

Control of the Reapers, even if it's a legit possibility which I doubt, is too much power for one entity to be trusted with. Of course, I personally think its a trick to get Shepard to join the Reapers, anyway.

Synthesis is completely morally wrong. Every living thing has the right to choose its own destiny. You can't force everyone to conform to becoming partially synthetic. Also, illogical space magic.

Last edited:

Corian33

I actually beat the trilogy for the first time recently, so this is still fresh in my mind.

I went with kill the robots. Even though it’s presented as the “renegade” option, I felt like that was what Sheppard was sent there to do. There was no way of knowing if taking control of the Reapers was just a trick or if it would backfire. Merging all life into cyborgs would be quite the decision for one person to decide on behalf of everyone in the galaxy.

Killing the robots wasn’t the ideal outcome, but millions of people had died to get him in that room to defeat the Reapers, so that’s what I did.

Mokus

Not sure, the one where I saved the most life. I used the last save file to go through all the endings (I think there were actually 4).

The way they were presented, all were dissatisfying endings for an amazing trilogy. Thanks 2012 EA.

The red ending(kill) is what I felt should happen, so I chose it on 1st playthrough.

After checking them out, the green and blue endings felt off, off in a way that implied the player screwed up. The reapers tried way too hard to convince you to agree to multiple situations where they would ultimately win. It made it feel like I put everyone into a version of the future where no one is really allowed to step out of line and they're made to wear a smile every day.

For any Mass Effect fans here who also know the Matrix, the green and blue endings reminded me of moments like this:

keanu-reeves-the-matrix.gif

All of these people don't know that they're stuck within the Matrix, but Neo knows, just like Shepard would know.

sobaka770

Banned
There is no choice - the only ending is Destroy.

The other two are either against the point of the whole game (control) or some magic BS that has no place in mass effect universe (synthesis).

It's also the only one that has an extra bit at the end if you did well so hopefully - canon.

Top Bottom