• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Incredible Doom Mod Gives the Game a Zelda Makeover

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

There are few video games as influential and important as The Legend of Zelda. Since its release for the Nintendo Entertainment System, the original Zelda has had a profound impact on gamers and developers all over the world. The same can easily be said for Doom. The first-person shooter similarly changed the landscape of the video game industry when it debuted. The idea of combining these two games might seem unusual, but that's exactly what developer @DeTwelveGames did with their "The Legend of Doom" mod! The mod actually dropped in 2021, but @DeTwelveGames hinted just a few weeks ago that they might continue to look for new ways to improve the game before moving on to their next project.

Fans interested in downloading the mod can do so right here. A video of the mod in action was shared by @DavidBCooper on Twitter, and can be found in the Tweet embedded below.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
OIP.LKxpCZ00naDSvVDIWb2ihAHaFQ

Kadve

Reminds me of this classic. Back in 1999 fans made a videogame adaption of Batman: Knightfall (where Bane was introduced) entirely in the Doom 2 engine. 7 chapters in total.

(edit, version without voiceover)

Last edited:

JimboJones

People always be saying how influential Zelda was on gaming but I'm yet to see anything influenced by Zelda other than Zelda itself. I mean, aren't modern RPGs more influenced by tabletop games and stuff like Ultima? Who gives a shit about Zelda other than Nintendo fanboys?
Your right, Zelda games contributed nothing to gaming and the games where played by nobody.

SJRB

Gold Member
Reminds me of this classic. Back in 1999 fans made a videogame adaption of Batman: Knightfall (where Bane was introduced) entirely in the Doom 2 engine. 7 chapters in total.

(edit, version without voiceover)

Someone is working on a new version of Batman in the Doom engine:

Top Bottom