• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indiana Jones 5 Might Be Set in the 60s

ManaByte

Gold Member

In addition to writing/directing Indy 5, Mangold is making the Bob Dylan biopic Going Electric and New York cop film The Force.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was set in 1957. So 12 years later would put the fifth movie in the 60s.

No, in a museum. Where he belongs!

wKgaV.jpg

In addition to writing/directing Indy 5, Mangold is making the Bob Dylan biopic Going Electric and New York cop film The Force.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was set in 1957. So 12 years later would put the fifth movie in the 60s.

If they wait 12 more years to make Indy 6, they can have a scene where old Indy drives by a Theater actually playing Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Ememee

Logan & Walk The Line were the shit, so I have a sliver of hope. Not too mention Ford’s my personal GOAT. But after KOTSK (and Fords age) it’s easy to see why this comes across as ill conceived.

Last edited:

Jethalal

Banned
I hope we get a digital version of Harrison Ford because he is too old to play Indiana Jones.
Won't work, will be too expensive if it is indeed in the 60s. They should get a young actor like in Solo but unfortunately I can't think of any modern actor matching Ford's charisma.

Jethalal

Banned
It could work as long as they don't have him doing ridiculous stunts.
The full movie can't be done that way. It would look wonky like Irishman and considering it's Indy it will involve stunts too so the difficulty in CGIing would increase. Even budgetary concerns come in mind.

johntown

Banned
The full movie can't be done that way. It would look wonky like Irishman and considering it's Indy it will involve stunts too so the difficulty in CGIing would increase. Even budgetary concerns come in mind.
Yeah considering how 4 went my hopes are not real high that it will be any good.

Ememee

Won't work, will be too expensive if it is indeed in the 60s. They should get a young actor like in Solo but unfortunately I can't think of any modern actor matching Ford's charisma.

Pratt, Ryan “Baby Goose” Gosling, Ansel Elgort always get brought up in discussions of replacing Ford in his younger parts but they’re all a far-cry from Ford still (imo).

Im against digital de-aging. I think studios should give audiences the benefit of the doubt to suspend their disbelief in casting someone who looks different, playing an established role. Like it used to be.

And for what it’s worth, I thought Alden Ehrenreich did a solid job in not doing an blatant impersonation and making the role his own in Solo. Better than Gambino w/ Lando.

Last edited:

Jethalal

Banned
Pratt, Ryan “Baby Goose” Gosling, Ansel Elgort always get brought up in discussions of replacing Ford in his younger parts but they’re all a far-cry from Ford still (imo).

Im against digital de-aging. I think studios should give audiences the benefit of the doubt to suspend their disbelief in casting someone who looks different, playing an established role. Like it used to be.

And for what it’s worth, I thought Alden Ehrenreich did a solid job in not doing an blatant impersonation and making the role his own in Solo. Better than Gambino w/ Lando.
I'll agree that no one can replace Ford. They all lack the swagger IMO.
I liked Alden in Solo too FWIW but considering audience reception, I am not sure if they'll go that route.

Sybrix

4 was so bad I wished it never happened

My hope for 5 are non-existent

The only way this movie can be any good is if they go down a Logan type route, it has to be rough, gruff and emotional.

The Last Crusade is the best Indy film because of how emotional it is, this new Indy needs to go hard on the feels for it to be any good

Indy needs to die really in a heroic emotional way to round the series off

Last edited:
Harrison Ford is now old enough to play his own dad! Someone should play a young Indy 🤔
Yea but also weird to think , if they had made this a year ago it could have still had his dad ( ignoring kotcs, i did)

The last Indiana Jones was 3..it was the best of the bunch ( except the mystery ruining opening). Those 3 movies made a perfect trilogy of adventures...If they had wanted to make a 4th it should have been The fate of Atlantis but it should have been ages ago....Indiana Jones is more then just a film, its an iconic character that is a summation of all the old adventure serials..where men were men, brave , intelligent and strong and they went after bold , attractive women. They went on adventures to strange exotic lands.

You literally are not allowed to have any of that anymore.

Last edited:

MacReady13

I enjoyed all 4 Indy films, so not having Lucas or Spielberg involved is a little scary, but seeing a different take of Indy could be cool! Looking forward to it.

Ahah Mads. The only other person who can be in every movie these days.

Let me know when Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson are also confirmed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom