• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indivisible Review Thread

Typhares

f2GiC9T.jpg

Currently 84 on metacritic with 11 reviews https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/indivisible/critic-reviews

IGN 8.8
Indivisible manages to merge 2D platforming, thrilling combat, and a thought-provoking story resulting in one of the most wildly creative RPGs of the year

Gamespot 7
It stands out as an RPG that's doing something genuinely different, and it brings joy to its clever platforming with the tune of an infectious soundtrack. For all its faults, Indivisible has its heart in the right place.

Last edited:

Shifty1897

Trying to decide between this on Switch or Alliance Alive HD Remastered on Switch. I don't want to pick one of these up only to find out they have major performance issues.

Last edited:

stranno

Played the prototype demo 4 years ago and it was a promising Valkyrie Profile clone. Combat was top-notch while platform sections were ok.

Last edited:

KàIRóS

I've been waiting forever for this one, hopefully it sells well so that tri-Ace and Square Enix give Valkyrie Profile another chance.

14 hours until it unlocks on Steam btw.

Phase

This looks promising. I'm always looking for fun platformers, and the world looks beautiful.

Trying to decide between this on Switch or Alliance Alive HD Remastered on Switch. I don't want to pick one of these up only to find out they have major performance issues.

I've heard that Alliance Alive is a fantastic RPG. I would go for that first and pick this up when the price drops a bit.

KàIRóS

So far it's good, they added a lot of platforming, I was expecting RPG > Platforming but so far it's the opposite, battles end very quickly even bosses die very quickly I don't know how to feel about that but then again I'm only starting the game one thing is certain tho, those guys at lab zero have a lot of dedication for their animations, this game has some awesome sprites.

Holy shit, yeah I remember playing the demo after super best friends were shilling for em and loved the artstyle. Definitely buying this

Fbh

Some of the reviews I've read mention technical issues and a lack of balance during the second part (apparently it gets ridiculously easy). So I'll definitely wait to see what happens after a couple of updates.

zeorhymer

Destructoid

Indivisible is rich with character, personality, and passion. But it is hindered by technical problems, vacant maps, and pacing issues, which hold back its true potential. With a little tweaking, some of this could be reversed, allowing Lab Zero's delightful cast, deep combat, and dramatic storyline to shine through. The blemishes can be hard to ignore but Indivisible, like Ajna's new-found friends, still gets inside your head.

7/10

Shifty

I've been looking forward to this since the demo broke out among YouTubers back when that was a thing, but the 35 quid Steam price tag is surprisingly high for a kickstarter indie.

That's a
91d.gif

Last edited:

dirthead

Banned
Yikes. They spent a lot of effort on this game and it seems like the response is pretty ho hum.

I think they blew it by making the combat turn based, personally. Would have been far more interested if it had just been a Metroid ripoff.

Last edited:
I'm a broken record, I know, but I really hate the shitty flash-game animations. Yeah, I get it, they save lots of money doing those. They still look terrible.

i have a similar qualm about the games aesthetics.

sounds like the gameplay is solid, but something looks super off to me about the game. i think its the compositing/.design . the characters and platforms vs the background just dont blend well. and the animations make it stick out even more. feels like the devs wanted to do solid hand drawn animation, but imo that gets tough to intergrate well. from what i see the anim also feels slow.

Last edited:

Shifty

i have a similar qualm about the games aesthetics.

sounds like the gameplay is solid, but something looks super off to me about the game. i think its the compositing/.design . the characters and platforms vs the background just dont blend well. and the animations make it stick out even more. feels like the devs wanted to do solid hand drawn animation, but imo that gets tough to intergrate well. from what i see the anim also feels slow.
One of the very first things I noticed when it got to gameplay was that the sprites appear to match the resolution of the screen (or near enough) when zoomed out to the normal camera position, but they have an icky bilinear filtered look if it goes further in.

It's quite noticeable in the initial slow pan over the main character with the axe embedded in the table, since the 3D background is nice and sharp. And the combat tutorial too...

Last edited:
Top Bottom