• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Strash: Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai confirmed for simultaneous worldwide release across PS5, PS4, Switch, and PC

yazenov

Action RPG Infinity Strash: Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai will launch for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam as a simultaneous global release, publisher Square Enix and developers Game Studio and KAI GRAPHICS announced. A release date was not announced.

Square Enix will premiere gameplay details and a first look at the “Temple of Recollection” and “Memento Bonds” during the “Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai Game Project Tokyo Game Show 2022 TremenDAIs Edition” live stream on September 18 at 12:45 JST.

Pejo

Interesting, I haven't watched the anime, but it looks to be faithful in the same way that the arena fighters are, with flashy cinematic moves. I'll keep an eye on it, but so far nothing I've seen makes me need to buy it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Any sort of Dragon Quest anything getting a simultaneous worldwide release is a pretty rare thing

yazenov

Interesting, I haven't watched the anime, but it looks to be faithful in the same way that the arena fighters are, with flashy cinematic moves. I'll keep an eye on it, but so far nothing I've seen makes me need to buy it.

No idea how this game will turn out but the anime is awesome. Highly recommend!

Moneyhat!!!!
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Sojiro

This looks...pretty good? Want to see more of it, but so far I am interested. Toriyama doing the artwork gives it strong OG dragonball vibes lol, can't wait to see more of this.

Pelao

I have some attachment to this as the original anime was one of the shows I watched in my childhood, not knowing it was an adaptation of a video game franchise until years later (Here in my country it was simply called "The Adventures of Fly", don't ask me why they changed the name from Dai to Fly), so I'm quite interested to see how this turns out.

Last edited:
I've actually never payed for gold or pootie tang but thats neither here nor there. After seeing FFXVI in action. I will be buying this day 1 instead.
Oh look at him, trolled so hard he eventually got gifted gold to stfu, yet he didn’t. Oh hey look, more evidence he’s a troll, calling out FF16 in a thread that literally has nothing to do with FF16. You’re a 🤡.

Impotaku

More dragon quest is always a good thing i enjoy the spinoffs. Had a blast on dq treasures and also the heroes games.

Rran

I love Dragon Quest so I'm pretty sure I'll get this even if ARPGs are kind of hit-or-miss for me.

Can someone explain this premise to me though? It's some sort of pseudo-spinoff based on an old anime? How does the Dragon Quest part of it apply?

Also, will this be available physically (Switch)?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Can someone explain this premise to me though? It's some sort of pseudo-spinoff based on an old anime? How does the Dragon Quest part of it apply?
It’s based on manga and anime.
MV5BNWMzNTIyMzUtYTEzNi00MTIzLTg2MGItMmYwMDk2Yjc4NmYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzgxODM4NjM@._V1_.jpg

Story is very similar to Dragon Quest games, which is group of heroes come to defeat the Shadow lord but difference is here the fights is very much shonen Jump and over the top.

But all spell names and monster designs are straight up from Dragon Quest.

Last edited:
I was hyped because the 2020 anime was excellent.

The gameplay shots deflated my excitement. :(
DQXI style turn-based should've been the way to go.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I LOVED the anime, but it’s very rare for a game based on license anime end up being good.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Seems like a dud
screenshot_2023-09-27daf5c.jpg

Shame looked promising in the trailers
Don't pay attention to video game reviews... I already bought it by importing the PS5 version.

I will give my honest opinion within a month when the video game arrives from Hong Kong.

Then that's how the analysts are, the same with Valkyrie elysium.

Top Bottom