• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward doesn't get enough props. Modern Warfare has the best gunplay in the medium, as well as the best audio design.

MMaRsu

Banned
What is actually good about the gunplay?

I know its a fast arcade game, but I find Apex's gunplay way more satisfying.

And on the realism side the gunplay in Escape From Tarkov is on another level.

twilo99

Yes, they do an incredible job.

The way the guns "feel" in MW2019 is amazing. Whoever does their.. I dunno what to call it, "ballistics R&D" is very, very good at their job.

The only downside I see with the newest game is the movement, it doesn't feel as fluid as the 2019 games, at least for me.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
What is actually good about the gunplay?

I know its a fast arcade game, but I find Apex's gunplay way more satisfying.

And on the realism side the gunplay in Escape From Tarkov is on another level.
The overall feel.
The way each individual gun feels different.
The sound of the guns.
The weightiness of each gun.
The controls and handling are perfect.
The recoil.
The animations.
The smoke effect and the reloads are excellent.
The Aim Down Sight view is GOAT in the industry. Everyone has copied it, no one makes it feel as good.

Last edited:
I fully agree with you, except for the audio part. The audio goes to Halo Infinite, easily. No other FPS has audio as good, dynamic and just downright juicy as Halo. Halo comes second for gunplay.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Been playing 6v6 nonstop since launch. Can’t get enough I am hooked. I am forcing myself to take a one-month break after finishing the Season 1 tiers. I haven’t forced myself to stop playing a game since…college?

Valt7786

Agreed. As much praise as I give them, they still piss me off. This is a game made by like, 2000+ people with an unlimited budget, it should have destructable environments, grenades should cave-in walls, bullets should tear through walls, etc. No one is thinking about this stuff.

Im with you on this, all games nowadays need more interactivity with the environments. I feel in CoDs case though they feel like they cant because they'll get shot down by the sweaty "CDL" community because it'll affect the "balancing". They pissed n moaned about the breakable bits of wall in Vanguard last year ffs. Shit even doors piss them off.

Represent.

Im with you on this, all games nowadays need more interactivity with the environments. I feel in CoDs case though they feel like they cant because they'll get shot down by the sweaty "CDL" community because it'll affect the "balancing". They pissed n moaned about the breakable bits of wall in Vanguard last year ffs. Shit even doors piss them off.
Developers need to stop paying attention to these nerds. They’re too stuck in their own ways. Too stuck in the “only gameplay matters” mentality to realize that environmental destruction is an actual gameplay enhancing mechanic that will require them to use even more skill. Idiots

Every time I play MW2, I marvel at how smoothly everything runs and looks. This is really top-tier gunplay and sound design. Sometimes, so much is simultaneously happening on screen my jaw drops at the badass grandeur of it all. Definitely one of 2022's best.

Last edited:

Represent.

Just hopped back onto MW2 today and my god does it still feel good. Face-Off (3 vs 3 on small maps) is some of the best fun ive had this gen. Im a filthy casual fuck, but this gunplay is simply magnificent. I get why the game is the same thing every year and no one complains. Its a perfected formula.

Now add destruction in a next gen only COD to make it truly untouchable.

Last edited:

McGILLAZ

Yes, they do an incredible job.

The way the guns "feel" in MW2019 is amazing. Whoever does their.. I dunno what to call it, "ballistics R&D" is very, very good at their job.

The only downside I see with the newest game is the movement, it doesn't feel as fluid as the 2019 games, at least for me.
Agree - I did feel like the sound in MW2 was a noticeable step down from the bombastic sound of MW2019. It didn't have the same "punch." Curious which direction MW3 will go?

PanzerCute

Never heard of it. Gonna need receipts
Really? Its the top extract shooter after Tarkov on PC, it was released in EA 5 years ago and is quite a big game now. Its made by Crytek.

it uses binaural audio. Basically you have an almost perfect 3D sound with terrifying accuracy. You "see with your ears"

Its the same tech as Hellblade and it is by far the most accurate and immersive system you can use.

Last edited:

dummydecoy

I still play MW2019 daily (hardcore TDM) and aint touchin MW2.

Best Sound Design belongs to Insurgency Sandstorm however.

Last edited:

twilo99

Agree - I did feel like the sound in MW2 was a noticeable step down from the bombastic sound of MW2019. It didn't have the same "punch." Curious which direction MW3 will go?

Yes, MW2 is definitely a step back when it comes to how the guns feel..

Hopefully Sledgehammer can bring things back to the 2019 level.

I’m really looking forward to MW3.. seems like there won’t be as much visual recoil which is is much better for mouse and keyboard players.

Top Bottom