• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Information on Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time Remake

Topher

Gold Member
We receive a lot of questions from our community regarding Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake.

Here is some information that we can share with you at this point in time:

State of the game
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake is not cancelled. The game is currently in development at Ubisoft Montréal.

Other remakes in the series
Beyond Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time there are currently no plans to remake any other Prince of Persia title.

Release date
At the moment, a new release date has not been set, we will provide new information on that front when we are ready.

Pre-order cancellations
Since the game currently does not have a release date, existing pre-orders have been cancelled and refunded where applicable.

Pre-orders may reopen once a new release date for the game has been announced.

We will share more details about the development of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake in future updates.

Topher

Gold Member
Ubisoft Montreal sounds more promising. Who was the old dev team?

In a statement to IGN Ubisoft says, "The development of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake will now be led by Ubisoft Montreal. We’re proud of the work achieved by Ubisoft Pune and Ubisoft Mumbai, and Ubisoft Montreal will benefit from their learnings as the new team will continue the work to deliver a great remake."

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
All I want is current system remaster for Warrior Within (or best all 3 games).
With support for 4k, 60, widescreen and modern controllers. just do it on 1 disc on ps5 damnit !!! No graphical updates needed.

Warrior Within is s fucking good and so much better over the excellent Sands of Time.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
We receive a lot of questions from our community regarding Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake.

Nothing Stick Around GIF by Originals

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake is not cancelled. The game is currently in development at Ubisoft Montréal.
Angry He Man GIF

Modern Ubisoft has no chance of improving a masterpiece. Sands of Time is already perfect, and any changes they could make would be for the worse (because it's modern ubisoft, ofc)

sainraja

State of the game

Other remakes in the series
Beyond Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time there are currently no plans to remake any other Prince of Persia title.

Release date
At the moment, a new release date has not been set, we will provide new information on that front when we are ready.

Pre-order cancellations
Since the game currently does not have a release date, existing pre-orders have been cancelled and refunded where applicable.

Pre-orders may reopen once a new release date for the game has been announced.

We will share more details about the development of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake in future updates.

[/URL]
I just hope they don't mess this up whenever it does release. It is my most favorite series/game of all time.

AJUMP23

Prince of Persia was really a fun game. I loved that first one, and the time rewind made it a blast.

HELLO EVERYONE I DONT HAVE MUCH TIME TO EXPLAIN BUT IVE COME BACK FROM THE FUTURE WHERE THE PRINCE OF PERSIA SANDS OF TIME REMAKE WAS RELEASED AND THEN SHIT GOT REALLY FUCKING BAD YOU GUYS

DO NOT LET THIS GAME COME OUT I SWEAR TO YOU ILL TRY TO EXPLAIN MORE LATER

OH SHIT THEYRE COMING FOR ME WITH SWORDS......

Top Bottom