• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider confirms that a Persona 3 remake is in development and second time.

LRKD

P3 is one of the few games that should be redone. Having 2 'definitive' editions just doesn't work, they really need to combine the best of FES and P in one package. The P3P port really feels like a giant middle finger to fans, and especially if they gonna sell fans a shit port, and then sell them a real complete version a year later... but then again, they did that with all the persona games really so I guess it's totally in line for atlus :pie_eyeroll:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Can confirm. Mid 2024.
Honestly this is about as valid as the other source this article is based on.

It's either celebrity leakers looking for attention, or people like the source here who drops a breadcrumb, doesn't give any real details or verify that they have genuine information, and suddenly it's news.

Clown show.

There's no point in remaking a turn-based RPG unless the gameplay is completely revamped (like FF7), but we all know Atlus loves doing pointless shit and wasting as much time as possible. We've gone from 2 years between the release of P3 and P4, to 7-8 years between releases. Current Atlus is like Rockstar's retarded Japanese cousin.
I personally would love a remake of Persona 3 without the drawbacks of FES (can’t control all characters) and the stupid point and click of portable. If Atlus is the retarded cousin does that make you the inbred uncle 😂😝

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I was going to finally play through this once it hits gamepass this month but with this looming it seems like I can just hold off.

20cent

Banned
I'd rather have new stuff, but persona 3 is probably the most in need of some updates.
More than P1 or P2 (and P2-EP) ?

If we have to eat remakes for one more decade, It'd be nice for all these dev/publishers to do them in chronological order instead of random releases influenced by twitter trends

More than P1 or P2 (and P2-EP) ?

If we have to eat remakes for one more decade, It'd be nice for all these dev/publishers to do them in chronological order instead of random releases influenced by twitter trends
Yep, in agreement on that P1 and P2 need remakes more than anything. Even the first 2 SMT games.

ProtoByte

This wouldn't be a problem if it didn't also suggest that a Persona 6 will be out no sooner than 2029.

Really, think about it. Persona 3 came out in '06. Persona 4 two years later... and then Persona 5 comes out on the PS4 and PS3 in 2016 in Japan. And it's not like the wait came with cutting edge graphics or real-time combat or something.

This wouldn't be a problem if it didn't also suggest that a Persona 6 will be out no sooner than 2029.

Really, think about it. Persona 3 came out in '06. Persona 4 two years later... and then Persona 5 comes out on the PS4 and PS3 in 2016 in Japan. And it's not like the wait came with cutting edge graphics or real-time combat or something.
it's almost like they released P5 with a completely new engine!

but it has been almost 3 years since Royal released in the West and almost 6.5 years since the original P5 came out in JP. However, Atlus has put out 5 games since Persona 5 launched in JP. That's the same amount of games between Persona 4 and 4 Golden (2008-2012). And it should be quicker for them to release Persona 6 if it's on the same engine but again it's almost 6.5 years. It could be they have bigger ambitions for the game and it's on a bigger scale than P5 so it needs more time.

also, there was only 2 years between Persona 3 and 4. Between 3 FES + 4 Golden it was about 5 years

Persona 3 - 2006
Persona 3 FES - 2007
Persona 4 - 2008
Persona 3 Portable - 2009
Persona 4 Golden - 2012
Persona 5 - 2016
Persona 5 Royal - 2019

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
7PsybpM.jpg

Watch these numbskulls launch it on PS4 and PS5 only, then wait 4+ years before releasing it on other systems.

Meanwhile Game Pass users in three weeks: “We already have Persona 3 at home”.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Eh I dont give a shit. Atlus just milking a dead cow nowadays. Either they make a new Persona or a new IP on next-gen only or they can fo.

lyan

no no no shut up we get that remakes are dime a dozen these days but unlike most other games Persona 3 actually deserves it, quite a lot too

Persona 3 Portable and Persona 3 FES are both games with different amounts of upsides and downsides, Persona 3 Portable has a female protagonist campaign (that alters the dialogue quite radically mind you) but it also cuts back on most of the FMVs and 3d environments are completely exclusive to dungeons. The game plays more like a visual novel with RPG elements than an actual RPG game

Persona 3 FES has the full experience in terms of presentation, all environments are fully modeled and FMVs are there and readily available. It lacks the female protagonist campaign however and to make it even worse you can't control your party members in combat. The game overall is much much worse from a playability standpoint.

Not to mention that in comparison to P4 and P5 persona 3 is overall just a more left out, forgotten game. Whether it's because of the other 2 being more recent or the actual merits of Persona 3 I have no idea, but a Remake would bring that game back into the limelight

A remake that combines both of these games strengths while leaving out the flaws is the best option and if you thought before you typed, you'd probably be on board with the idea.
Probably doesn't really know/remember the game, see remake and rant instantly.
Unlike remasters, a faithful remake of P3 (P or fes) under today's market is, given how it has aged, gonna be a pretty risky move, but at the same time so is making drastic changes.

Just another day where people underestimates game development.

WoJ

Pass. I'll just emulate FES with the controllable party hack if I want to play it again. I played P3 a couple years ago and it was fine.

consoul

One day the gaming media will learn what the word confirmed actually means.

Until then we keep getting this bullshit.

FingerBang

It's happening. It's been in development for at least 3 years. No source, like the link above.

Last edited:

Elysion

Banned
Can‘t wait to seduce Mitsuru-senpai again.

It would be nice if it was done with the P5 engine, and for character models to be properly proportioned instead of chibi models. If it also has the P5 battle system, the female MC from the portable version, as well as an improved Tartarus, it would be perfect. Though I hope P6 isn’t too far away either.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Hard disagree. Imagine a P3 with modern graphics, full voice-acting, a hand-made Tartatus instead of procedurally-generated floors... It'd be fantastic.,
I have ever seen Atlus make proper remake any of their games in same degree as Capcom or Square Enix? the best they do is similar to Persona 4 Golden, Persona 3 FES, Persona 5 Royal and Catherine Full Body, same game with added story and characters.

I love Atlus games but I wouldn't count on it.

Fake

I'm not sure if this game need a remake. Maybe a remaster. Artstyle have nothing to do with graphics.

Would hire the same dev team behind KH2.5. They did an amazing job with Kingdom Hearts remaster.

Komatsu

I have ever seen Atlus make proper remake any of their games in same degree as Capcom or Square Enix? the best they do is similar to Persona 4 Golden, Persona 3 FES, Persona 5 Royal and Catherine Full Body, same game with added story and characters.

I love Atlus games but I wouldn't count on it.

FES and Royal were enhanced re-releases, Golden and Full Body were enhanced ports (Vita). But none of these games were as old as P3, which ran on RenderWare. This would be their first full-blown remake.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
FES and Royal were enhanced re-releases, Golden and Full Body were enhanced ports (Vita). But none of these games were as old as P3, which ran on RenderWare. This would be their first full-blown remake.
I could be wrong but my bet is Atlus rather make a new game or Persona 6 than full blown remake of Persona 3.....I will never say never but I highly doubt it

Also Catherine Full Body released on PS4 and Vita same time if I remember correctly.

Top Bottom