• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider Gaming: Sony’s next Playstation Handheld (not a cloud-streaming device)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
A screened DualSense that supports remote play, but doesn't support Plus Premium streaming when they're essentially the same thing (i.e. game streaming) makes no sense. It's also senseless because a remote play only device undermines one of SIE's game streaming goals, which is to "maximize off-console opportunity". Then there's mobile. SIE can't possibly think it's sensible to release a portable device that can't run their own mobile games.

Nah, there has to be more to Q Lite than remote play. SIE didn't refile an 'abandoned' 2006 patent application in 2016 for Ken Kutatagi's "game controller" just to make a remote play only handheld. I think Q Lite will turn out to be a device for remote play, cloud and mobile gaming; with the added functions of a motion sensing universal remote to control various electronics in the home (detailed in entries [0039], [0045] and [0046] of this related application).

A feature he penned for the console was that it would support two of his game/universal remote controllers as traditional gamepads, or 2-player remote play (detailed in entry [0042] of the related application). I bet this feature is in reserve for PS5.

I think its clear by now that there’s nothing more to Q lite beyond remote play

Top Bottom