• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider: God of War Ragnarock has already sold more than 3.5 million copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
We already know that God of War Ragnarok was the fastest-selling chapter of the series in the UK, thus setting a new record on British soil, however official numbers on the global results are still not there at the moment. However, according to the insider Millie Athe new adventure of Kratos ed Atreus would have already placed the beauty of 3.5 million copies a few days after launch.

“Sony’s initial internal sales expectations for God of War Ragnarok were 3.5 million copies worldwide, seven days after release. Speaking to someone who knows the industry numbers, the game has already hit the mark. ‘goal, “says Millie A on Twitter citing an anonymous source. Clearly these are numbers that have yet to find official confirmation, however it is not difficult to believe that the game has already reached similar figures: we remember that the previous God of War of 2018 sold 23 million copies by calculating the original PS4 version and the next porting to PCskyrocketing the anticipation for his entourage.

If this is correct, God of War Ragnarock is off to a strong start at least. I wonder if Sony can produce enough copies to take advantage of the holiday season.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The marketing for that game works, they got the backing of things like mtn dew and Doritos. The brand is now close with athletes like LeBron. My question is can a game launch on the ps5 and pc at the same time?

Topher

Gold Member
That seems low.

“Sony’s initial internal sales expectations for God of War Ragnarok were 3.5 million copies worldwide, seven days after release. Speaking to someone who knows the industry numbers, the game has already hit the mark. ‘goal, “says Millie A on Twitter citing an anonymous source.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
I feel like this Millie character contributes nothing but the obvious - and even here she fails.

"Spider-Man 2 looks amazing"
"Ragnarok has sold over 3.5million copies"

I'm calling BS on Sony projecting just 3.5M sales in a week for Ragnarok when GoW 2018 did 3.1M in 3 days.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
I think you all are misinterpreting Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes comment.

Last of Us 2 sold 4 million copies in 5 days which was the fastest-selling first-party ps4 exclusive.

3.5 million after 5-6 days doesn't sound low, especially with a midweek launch.

Actually, TLOU2 did 4M sales in three days. And I still think sales potential was unfortunately impacted by the leaks.

feynoob

Banned
Before people meltdown here. This is insider news. Not actual news from Sony.

I would rather wait for Sony results. Plus TLOU2 got that number due to lockdown. I doubt any other PS 1st party would exceed that number.

God of war ragnorak is great. But it doesnt have Tlou2 hype. Still, I would wait for Sony result.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
That seems low.
J2triPq.gif

ChiefDada

Gold Member
And the 100m + PS4s out there.

Exactly. 2018 did 3M+ in 3 days with just 90m PS4s. There are now 140m PS4/PS5 out there. Add on top of that Ragnarok presentation delta between PS4 and PS5 is probably the closest in comparison to other Sony AAA like Horizon and Spiderman MM so PS4 players who haven't transitioned to PS5 won't feel the need to hold off.

according to the insider Millie A

LMAO.
I'm out.

We really need to stop opening topics based on twitter "insiders".

Also, saying "it sold over 3.5M" anyone can say. That could be 3.6 or 6M. That's a safe number to throw out there.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It annoyes me to read these random tweets by a decent looking girl who has credibility because reasons?

Even the snake is cringe for some reason.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
That is definitely low.

Theres 20 million PS5s and 110 million PS4s. TLOU 2 did 4 million in 3 days. This had equal hype and didnt get effected by leaks. AND its bundled, unlike TLOU2

I expect the real number is higher. This should fly past TLOU 2 numbers, if it doesn't, its a disappointment.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Barely anyone buys ps4 games any more they are all waiting for next gen. PS4 sales for Horizon were only a fraction of PS5 despite wayyyyyy more PS4s out there

More than 30% of FW's launch week sales in UK were on PS4. We don't have any future platform comparison to refer. 30% is not a small amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom