• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insiders vs. Gaming Companies

What side are you on?

• Fuck insiders and their click race. Let me have my surprises and let companies manage their timings

• Fuck companies and their neverending hype machine and secrecy. Let me know everything in advance

Results are only viewable after voting.

.Pennywise

Banned
The gaming industry is so big that sprouts other industries around itself. The secrecy and overly high hermeticism they have makes for leakers and insiders that can give the consumer a sneak peek inside this companies' plans to be highly demanded.

Now, there's 2 sides of the same coin.

On one side, you have the gaming companies itself, with their developers and publishers alike. It's their work and their saying on what to show, how to show and when to show it. However, they almost always end up in a spiral of overly hype inducing machines with years of teasers, teasers of announcements, teasers of teasers of announcements of future stream announcements of future gameplay in future gaming shows of future info for the game of future release dates of how excited they are to share more with you soon of future... you get the point.

On the other side, we've got the leakers and insiders and gaming "journalism". These give you the info that the companies are so jelous of sharing. However, as good as they are to give the public some info and shed some light into "what's going on behind the scenes", they start a race for clicks, since clicks give money, they tend to jump the gun on anything that could satiate the public thirst for clicks. This means they can go from giving you false info, to overly obscure and not at all clear details under the shielding cape of "everything subject to change, take with a grain of salt, I can't confirm anything". Or what could even be worse, to fuck up the entirety of a marketing roadmap for an entire game (See whole SF6 roster getting leaked), or to even add to that, to fuck the companies employees, destroy consumers surprises by leaking entire announcements just days before big showcases (See summer showcases and games leaked).

So, what side you're on?

Some recent exhibits:

Last edited:

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
  • Fuck insiders and their click race. Let me have my surprises and let companies manage their timings
  • Fuck companies and their neverending hype machine and secrecy. Let me know everything in advance
JNmwtMd.gif

Top Bottom