• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac Celebrating Resistance Anniversary

Certinty

Resistance Fall of Man is the most fun I've ever had on an online shooter.

Resistance 3 had one of the best FPS campaigns I've played.

I like to pretend Resistance 2 didn't exist.

oji-san

Banned
I love the Resistance series, would love a new game. My favourite Insomniac games are R&C and Resistance, Spider-Man is also nice but didn't grab me as the others.
Their lineup looks full with Spider-man 2 and Wolverine on the way.

kiphalfton

Resistance definitely felt like a AAA IP when it was released.

Haven't really seen that since; there's been SOME stuff that grabs me, but not really to the extent that made me say "I need to buy x console for that game".

Markio128

Sad Balloon GIF by Chord Overstreet

SSfox

It's cool for Resistance fans if they got a remasters but not interested personally, i would love God of War Greek Saga collection.

I could see some PS3 games getting remade. They came out at a time when Sony software just wasn't selling.

Probably some value in remaking those games and seeing if they can find an audience.

The Last of Us Remastered outsold the original game on PS4.

I think when you look at games like Dead Space which will probably outsell the original, you have the consider it.

I would be down for a remaster of the Resistance series.
They have the perfect reboot company in Bluepoint to do it.
Then once they are done Insomniac can work on another new entry.

And while they are at it, I would like them to reboot Killzone 2 and 3.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Playing the first game is funny cause it was pre-Modern Warfare, the controls seem so bizarre.

Awesome game though, my favorite is the first and Retribution on the PSP.

Resistance 2 coop was so damn good. That was back when the PS3 was still struggling a bit and that Resistance 2 coop was so much fun, it wasn't anywhere near as "good" as L4D but all the same, it gave PS3 gamers something fun to coop on.

Series never found it's footing but they're all solid games, it's the narrative that wrecked it all. One of the reasons I liked Retribution so much, best story out of all the games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom