• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac confirms Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is PS5 exclusive (not cross-gen).

Will you be getting Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart Day One?

• Total voters
Source: Here.

PS5-exclusive.jpg

Refresher:

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
R&C is one of my favorite games series. I would have been there day one even if there was a PS4 version.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.

Given Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart's use of the PS5's fast loading to instantly teleport the player to new worlds, the game would probably have to be significantly reworked for PS4. But some had wondered about the exact nature of its exclusivity given recent revelations about other PS5 games, such as Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Horizon: Forbidden West, and Sackboy: A Big Adventure, which are also coming to PS4 when they were initially announced for PS5.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ft-apart-is-a-ps5-exclusive-insomniac-insists

jaysius

Banned
First title I’m going to get for my PS5 Pro when it’s $20.

R&C games are fun, but they have almost no replayability. The world design has never been great like a Mario game or a Banjo game.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
the realm switching all but confirmed this imo. the real question is whether or not Gran Turismo 7, Demon Souls and GoW are also cross gen. GT7 looked very cross gen, Demon Souls can easily be downported to the PS4 and Sony isnt confirming that GoW is a PS5 exclusive.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
the realm switching all but confirmed this imo. the real question is whether or not Gran Turismo 7, Demon Souls and GoW are also cross gen. GT7 looked very cross gen, Demon Souls can easily be downported to the PS4 and Sony isnt confirming that GoW is a PS5 exclusive.
didnt an insider confirm already on twitter that it is ps5 exclusive, GOW I mean

Last edited:

Paulxo87

I urge everyone to watch the gameplay trailer again. Don't focus on ratchet when you watch it.. focus on everything else going on. It's out of control on a technical level

Kuranghi

From his voice alone i can say that miles forgot both his balls in the horizon...

Haha yeah, that is a happy accident. The Miles voice actor said he changed his voice it to be more like the Spiderverse movie, which isn't a good change imo lol.

Even if his sack is still full then the voice must be why his thighs are so slender, its actually like the skull-suit from MGS 2 and its putting 500 pounds of pressure on his two veg.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Sweet, I can't wait for Spider-Horizon: Miles' Forbidden Sack as well.
I'm supposed to be working, don't make me bust Photoshop out.

Fuck you I did it anyway. Let this be a lesson to people who think retailers putting up black boxes means the games are real.

Pre-order available now, by the way.

RZLQvKZ.png

Kuranghi

Fuck you I did it anyway. Let this be a lesson to people who think retailers putting up black boxes means the games are real.

Pre-order available now, by the way.

RZLQvKZ.png

Noice. Very silly so I approve.

Who are you saying "fuck you" to? lol

Last edited:

Hustler

I thought everyone knew this given how the game plays..... but cool we get confirmation. So, when is the release date?

Aidah

"Maybe, but I don't give a shit about reviews, I just want more footage with no one blabbing about their opinion over it" is what I'd pick.

They said there's a 60fps mode, that made me way more likely to get it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom