• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac Games Swells To Over 520 Employees

well, whose fault is that? You had GG ship their last game in Februarry 2017. Have them work on next gen game instead of wasting their time on a cross gen game.

Next gen games take longer than cross gen

So HFW gets pushed to 2023

SSM shipped their game in April 2018. Have them work on a next gen game.

Another 2023 release if pushed to next gen

Sony was in the perfect place to ship a bunch of year 1 and year 2 games

Yup and they did that, mostly due to cross gen titles and a few smaller scale exclusives

KZSF's original reveal level looks better than Miles with RT reflections.

Maybe in that specific low Rez gif of a non interactive cutscene, not in actual gameplay

Finally, enough people to make Fuse 2

FuseInsomniacGames.jpg

Was everyone too harsh on this game? :pie_thinking:

More time to do what exactly? you need devs to be working on one product. If 90% of their team was working on the DLC and Ratchet then they werent working on spiderman 2.

And GG and SSM both took 4.5 to 5 years and released two very samey sequels. What was ambitious about those games aside from their length and content?

Sony's fucked up a lot of these titles by not starting dev right away. Days Gone, Death Stranding 2, Spiderman 2 shouldve gone in dev the day after the first game shipped. Bend took three years to release a logo while wasting time on a days gone 2 pitch and an uncharted reboot that didnt go anywhere. no idea, why kojima who made death stranding 1 in 3.5 years has taken 3.5 years to release just one short teaser. same goes for insomniac with spiderman 2. they have too many projects in the cooker and its all coming at the expense of their main project.
Insomniac has multiple teams working on different games, and has for years. You’re just saying stuff without understanding how it’s structured.

Nah, if anything, that ratchet game proved that their internal IPs arent really that memorable. They dont sell. They dont win goty awards. They are mediocre games that review well but are forgotten almost immediately. Spiderman sold almost 40 million. Ratchet sold a million. Its a gigantic waste of 2 years of insomniacs time. Had that time gone into Spiderman 2, we wouldve seen it earlier and it wouldve sold and been received a lot better.

No one is telling them to make boring soulless comic book games. Arkham Games were goty material despite being comic book. That is what Insomniac should be chasing. ND and Sucker Punch left their Crash, Jak and Sly Cooper roots behind. Time for Insomniac to do the same and kill ratchet forever.
Ratchet soldda million in a month, six months after the console was released. It had a very high attach rate. We certainly don’t know the sales numbers, but it’s more than a million, and the game is excellent.

As for the second part of your post, that’s just ridiculous. ND left their roots behind and PlayStation is worse for it. I’d much rather a new sly than a shitty last of us multiplayer game that will inevitably be full of micro transactions and nickeling and diming gullible players with skins and fake money.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Nah, if anything, that ratchet game proved that their internal IPs arent really that memorable. They dont sell. They dont win goty awards. They are mediocre games that review well but are forgotten almost immediately. Spiderman sold almost 40 million. Ratchet sold a million. Its a gigantic waste of 2 years of insomniacs time. Had that time gone into Spiderman 2, we wouldve seen it earlier and it wouldve sold and been received a lot better.

No one is telling them to make boring soulless comic book games. Arkham Games were goty material despite being comic book. That is what Insomniac should be chasing. ND and Sucker Punch left their Crash, Jak and Sly Cooper roots behind. Time for Insomniac to do the same and kill ratchet forever.
I wouldnt call them Medicore but they arent on the level of Naughty Dog or Santa Monica. This gen might be there time though. They miss that Xfactor in gameplay, that not many studios have tbh.

One thing they are above 99% of studios is Graphics, Presentation, Performance Options, Controls. And output.

There output is some of the best in the industy. 2016 Ratchet and Clank plus smaller titles. 2018 Spiderman - 2020 Spiderman MM 2021- Ratchet & Clank - 2023 Spiderman2 - 2024 Probably Wolverine. And they are working on another Multiplayer title supposedly

I wouldnt say Ratchet and Clank should be killed but its not as good as Jak n Daxter and Sly Cooper. The latest one was definetly better than the others and I can see them improving them.
I get what you mean but personally, I think PS/Sony should still release these type of games and Platformers, even if its a much smaller percentage of buys. I miss the games like Ico, Gravity Rush, Locoroco, Sly Cooper, Super Stardust etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom