• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac's Narrative Director On Spider-Man 2: "We are really working hard to make sure that this is the best game we've ever made."

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
marvels-spiderman-2-scaled.jpg

Spider-Man GIF

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
These developers aint brave.
I want a dev to come out and say, this is our least ambitious game yet.
Its probably not even going to be all the great honestly.
We dont even care about the meta score, this is just a paycheck.....we get paid either way.

*stares at Remedy in CrossFire X.

P.S
All in.
Venom and Kraven the Hunter?
Im really curious for their take on these characters.

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned
I am so thirsty for some more spiderman in my veins.

Can't believe it's already been 3 years since miles morales.

Last edited:
I could care less about Venom, we've seen so many iterations of him in so many different Spider-man games, comics, tv series and games.

Now Kraven The Hunter? That's where things get interesting.

They did say this game will be significantly darker than the first, which is kind of scary considering the first game had a lot of emotional weight to it as well.

yurinka

This is the attitude every AAA dev should have. The game later can end being a Redfall, but devs must aim for this attitude.

Now Kraven The Hunter? That's where things get interesting.

They did say this game will be significantly darker than the first, which is kind of scary considering the first game had a lot of emotional weight to it as well.
Nice! Now let's hope this time they don't kill or retire the white heterosexual male protagonist.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I love Insmoniac but they have yet to hit Tier 1 Sony studios for me. Ratchet was their chance to blow me away and they kind of underwhelmed. It's a good game but i expect way more from sony studios.

I think Sucker Punch took that step up from Tier 2 to top tier with Ghost of Tsushima. They are up there with ND and SSM now. GG was downgraded after HFW lol

Hate to say it but this needs to be a GOTY contender like GOW, TLOU and Arkham City. It's likely the only big game from sony first party this year and if they miss out this year as well, they will have gone 3 years without topping GOTY awards. Something they did for 5 years starting from 2013 to 2020 when they won with TLOU, Uncharted 4, GOW, Death Stranding and TLOU2.

Wishing them the best...
insomniac's consistency and efficiency are otherwordly, but they still need that one game to get them to GOTY makers-tier...

Last edited:
well what else would he say
I like to look at the slight differences between these three phrases:

"We're making the game we always wanted to make"

"We're making the best game in ____ franchise"

"We're making the best game we've ever made"

The first one is a passion project where they expect people to either love it, like it, or hate it.

The second is where they are committed to making a game that you can look back at a franchise and say 'This was the best one'.

However, the last one...the last one means you're aiming for the coveted list of all lists.

61xoaXal68L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
So much talent on just a spider man game.
I mean I love spider man but it feels like a waste. Granted I’ve got both games for ps5
I plan to clear the backlog finally and play the sequel on release but still… I’ve watched all the movies. Garfield is my fav modern Peter Parker. Sam raimi movies are still goat.
What I hate most about spider man is that he got poor villains. But the worst thing is the stupid multiverse and miles crap. This gets rid of all the character identity possible if he can be anything.

One thing I am worried about is how soft and edge less their games are. Ratchet 2016 was terrible in this regard. They made ratchet and clank both bitches.
Rift apart is much better. Fantastic game. Thankfully they limited terrible Disney woke crap to stuff like insecure hacking spider… so bad.

Top Bottom