• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interview at Monolith for paid Internship position. Tips for the Interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chony

The last interview I had was 3 years ago, when I first worked at McDonalds (I have since then quit). There wanst really an interview even, I handed them my application, and I got the job, so I really have no experience in this regard.

I am not really sure what the internship consists of; so I have really no idea what to say. The interview is tommorow (unless they reschedule), and I am not very articulate, have a speech impetement, and I am just not very relaxed. How do I answer the tough questions? What are the tough questions? Ahh I think I am going to vomit.

1. You might want to brush up on company history.
2. Think of a time when you dealt with a problem at work, how did you deal with it? Every interview I've had with corporations, this was asked.
3. Never say you can't do something, put a positive spin on it, "While I haven't had much experience with that, I have worked with ____, plus I'm a quick learner."
4. Why do you want to work for them? Think of a GOOD answer.

Prospero

It helps to know what the average salary is for someone in the position for which you're interviewing. The worst question I've ever had in an interview is, "How much money would it take to make you happy?"

EDIT: Duh, it's an internship. Never mind. But that advice still goes for real jobs.

nitewulf

yes, what mama surf wrote, very important question they always ask. a variation is, why should we choose you over other candidates. also, learn about the company and its background, because they'll ask why you would like to work for them.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Tip #1: Try not to crack wise about The Matrix Online, no matter how tempted you may be to do so.

Tip #2: You LOVE Tron 2.0.

SteveMeister said:
Be enthusiastic. Be geeked about being at a game studio, and about the opportunity to work there.

Be enthusiastic, but don't be geeked about being there. While it is a game studio, it's still a business.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
distantmantra said:
Be enthusiastic, but don't be geeked about being there. While it is a game studio, it's still a business.

Anything can be carried to extremes, but if you're indifferent about the industry you're far less likely to be hired than someone who's excited about the chance to "get in".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom