• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing PlayStation Stars – An all new loyalty program

NewYork214

Anyone confirm if you need to have the game downloaded? Don't feel like it should matter. But I just Uninstaller tekken 7 so trying to get it by streaming MK11

Also don't get the breakdown of points. I bought tmnt so got the 50 for the campaign. Also got an additional 424 points? How does that number break down?

Last edited:
Anyone confirm if you need to have the game downloaded? Don't feel like it should matter. But I just Uninstaller tekken 7 so trying to get it by streaming MK11

Also don't get the breakdown of points. I bought tmnt so got the 50 for the campaign. Also got an additional 424 points? How does that number break down?

I believe those are points you get from buying games.

The conversion rate seems to be roughly $1.00 = 10 pts. I pre-ordered NFS Unbound for $80 and got 800 pts.

Hopefully I get credit for my GOW2 preorder like the message said because thats another 800 pts for me.

Last edited:

NewYork214

I believe those are points you get from buying games.

The conversion rate seems to be roughly $1.00 = 10 pts. I pre-ordered NFS Unbound for $80 and got 800 pts.

Hopefully I get credit for my GOW2 preorder like the message said because thats another 800 pts for me.

I streamed MK11 earlier today, and that qualified me to complete the campaign.

Thank you both.

I'm really digging this so far. Gives me the feeling of when trophies first came out. Hope they don't slack on campaigns. And hopefully they let you look at the model things in VR at some point.

Find it weird that there is no way to access playstation stars on actual ps5. Couldn't find it atleast anyway

Why is this so hard to find? Is it really not on the PS5 itself? In the end I signed up on the website, then figured out I had to open the app on my phone?

If they don't do better this will surely be DOA?

bootaski

Hit play 1994 campaign isn't tracking but I got all the other awards.

Same here - it's been more than 24 hours since I launched all six games (I also played 15 minutes of each just to be sure) and still none registered. Some people on resetera are also having the same problem. No issues with the other campaigns.

Last edited:
This rewards program has so many asterisks and limitations, it's barely worth it. So you can get 50 points buying one of the games from a monthly campaign. Sounds good, I guess. But to get a $5 PSN credit, you need to spend 5000 points. 5000 ÷ 50 = 100 games. And guess what? Points expire after 24 months. I don't know about you guys, but I don't plan on buying 100 games in two years. This sounds so useless, especially compared to their old rewards program that got you points for earning trophies, unless I'm misunderstanding something.

xHunter

This rewards program has so many asterisks and limitations, it's barely worth it. So you can get 50 points buying one of the games from a monthly campaign. Sounds good, I guess. But to get a $5 PSN credit, you need to spend 5000 points. 5000 ÷ 50 = 100 games. And guess what? Points expire after 24 months. I don't know about you guys, but I don't plan on buying 100 games in two years. This sounds so useless, especially compared to their old rewards program that got you points for earning trophies, unless I'm misunderstanding something.

You get more than 50 points per purchase. If you look above you will see that people got 800 points for buying a game for 80$. The 50 points is just extra if you buy certain games.

You get more than 50 points per purchase. If you look above you will see that people got 800 points for buying a game for 80$. The 50 points is just extra if you buy certain games.
Oh, okay. That makes way more sense. Why the fuck is not in the official description on the website or in the app?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Why is this so hard to find? Is it really not on the PS5 itself? In the end I signed up on the website, then figured out I had to open the app on my phone?

If they don't do better this will surely be DOA?
Right now it's on the app itself. My gut tells me they will replace the Accolades tile (since they are doing away with that unused feature) under your profile with this one the PS5 itself in a future update.

Gamerguy84

Hmm. This looks kind of neat I checked it out a couple days ago.

Still can't find where this elevates me with customer service. I don't need it I'm just wondering if that huge.thread recently was BS or real.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
mcYWV2F.jpg

The level is fairly easy to max. The buying 4 games requirement is generous as any prices would count. You could simply buy four 99 cents games.

Waste of time same as the ms rewards and all this time grabbing mechanics
MS Rewards is brilliant. I started doing it in November 2020, not religiously or anything, but I probably spend two or three minutes a day. I just reached $500 in MS cards stored up in my account. If they do a mid Gen console refresh I’ll use it for that.

PlayStation Stars is so far a complete waste of time though, agreed.

yurinka

Where?

It's supposed to launch today in Europe, Sony sent mails, I was able to sign up but the App did not get an update or something.
I'm from Europe too. But in the website when I click on "join now" I only get this, and in the PS App I can't find anything about PS Stars
image.png

Edit: just got the update for the mobile app, now I have PS Stars there and work properly.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Got it in Sweden. Very cool that it lists campaigns that are already over, lol.

I guess I'll get the "start any game" ones, but other than that, meh. I don't really buy games on PS Store (except for small indies etc), because everything there is ridiculously overpriced. Sucks that you can't register physical purchases like you can with My Nintendo.

Last edited:

Leonidas

Is it me or does this program suck? Gaining levels doesn't give you anything special.

After playing PS+ Extra games for 4 days I already have enough rare trophies to get to LVL3, but they also locked leveling up behind buying games, which is lame. Couldn't you just buy 4 of the shovel ware games at $.25 each?

I am binging on PS+ Extra so I have no need to buy games, and haven't bought a PSN game since 2019 (as such I'll probably remain at LVL1 forever...).

Top Bottom