• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing PlayStation Stars – An all new loyalty program

It's here folks!
i3UTTcH.jpg
3hGsxgL.jpg
n5mfU73.jpg

I use the Switch reward system quite often, which builds funds from digital purchases and it has saved me a decent wedge on new games, so something similar for PS5 would be great.

Its literally the only thing i love about the eshop and having to buy expensive ass nintendo games. Sony were slow on this but giving these reward points actually makes people spend more money at the store, when they get little discounts. I’ve made up the difference on a lot of games just cause i wanted to use my points

skit_data

So this stuff is launching in Asia today?

Still don’t understand what it’s all about, really… I guess it’s nice to get some loyalty points.

Anyone living in Asia that care to give some kind of hands-on impression?

It's the opposite, that people still support MS Rewards is madness. Map out how much time you use on this, and it's gonna be quite a few hours a month. That's not a rewards program, that's a scam program. It's like facebook would pay you 1 dollar a week for liking 100 posts per day.
so much wrong, i doubt its even an hour a month i do them everyday no more than 5 minutes if that, whilst im sitting at the laptop anyways, what a clown comment.

how can it be a scam when i dont invest any money and get free stuff, games, bike lights, gamepass since it began...all free.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
so much wrong, i doubt its even an hour a month i do them everyday no more than 5 minutes if that, whilst im sitting at the laptop anyways, what a clown comment.

how can it be a scam when i dont invest any money and get free stuff, games, bike lights, gamepass since it began...all free.
You are lying so you don't have to admit how silly it is what you are doing. The game challenges alone take more than 5 minutes.

You also have to take into account that these rewards differ from country to country, in my country, there are almost no points to earn and it takes 3 months to get enough points for one month of game pass.

You are lying so you don't have to admit how silly it is what you are doing. The game challenges alone take more than 5 minutes.

I don’t know how long it takes, but it’s certainly not a chore - I enjoy doing the rewards stuff, and I suspect I play more because of it… I’d guess I spend less than five minutes per day on it, unless a challenge that I want to do catches my interest - otherwise I don’t do them.

I just hit $500 in about two years. I travel a lot, so miss out on streak bonuses etc too. I’ll use it to get a second Series X when I move next month I think.

I’m looking forward to checking out the PlayStation version too - hopefully the value is as high.

Anyone have a clue what games are associated with the Hit Play/1994 campaign? Is "Streets of Philadelphia" referring to the latest Homefront game (which is awful)? Or maybe Heavy Rain since it takes place there without explicitly saying so? "More Human Than Human" is probably Cyberpunk... or maybe a Deux Ex game? These are pretty vague...

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
It's the opposite, that people still support MS Rewards is madness. Map out how much time you use on this, and it's gonna be quite a few hours a month. That's not a rewards program, that's a scam program. It's like facebook would pay you 1 dollar a week for liking 100 posts per day.

I’ve received countless games, and PC hardware for free just by using what you’re calling a scam program.

Sucks to suck I guess.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
microsoft rewards payed for my series x
I miss the old rewards tied to the Sony or PlayStation credit card with trophies converted into points. There was a good 2-3 years in the PS4 era that I didn't have to buy a single game or peripheral.

T-Cake

How the hell did I forget about Detroit...

I am completely wrong. More Human Than Human seems to be from Blade Runner - the Replicants made by Tyrell Corp. Which is what I was looking at yesterday on a T-shirt as I was going to purchase a Nostromo shirt and there was one from Blade Runner as well.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
I’ve received countless games, and PC hardware for free just by using what you’re calling a scam program.

Sucks to suck I guess.
You don't understand, in most countries you get max 100-ish points a day from this program, it's only in the US where you get any meaningful points. Microsoft doesn't support it much outside of the states, so in most countries, you only get points for searching on Bing and playing Xbox challenges, which amounts to grinding games for almost nothing. Microsoft Rewards is, in most places in the world, a scam to get people to grind games so they can increase metrics.

Like one of the current challenges, where you have to grind Walking Dead Season 2 to get virtually nothing. Complete nonsense, fooling kids with no jobs to spend hours on this every month.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
You don't understand, in most countries you get max 100-ish points a day from this program, it's only in the US where you get any meaningful points. Microsoft doesn't support it much outside of the states, so in most countries, you only get points for searching on Bing and playing Xbox challenges, which amounts to grinding games for almost nothing. Microsoft Rewards is, in most places in the world, a scam to get people to grind games so they can increase metrics.

Like one of the current challenges, where you have to grind Walking Dead Season 2 to get virtually nothing. Complete nonsense, fooling kids with no jobs to spend hours on this every month.

Oh damn I didn’t know it was like that in other countries. You’re right, that does suck.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That's fairly terrible. 500 bucks to get 20?.. Hope the "quests" pay decent amount of points otherwise this is going to be largely ignored.
4% is pretty decent for a free rewards program without being tied to APR on a credit card. FWIW Amazon is 5% (w/ interest if not paid off right away) and those rewards points add up quickly. Just join it and go about your business and get free money for buying games and earning trophies and not stress about going the extra mile. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

graywolf323

Gold Member
this kinda sucks, the campaign for buying select games doesn’t seem to be retroactive & I already own the games I‘m actually interested in from that list

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
If you pre ordered god of war or call of duty before the stars program you will still get points and the campaign bonuses when they become available you don’t need to cancel your orders just got a official message on my ps5. Seen some people cancel their orders before the program started

What if I pre-ordered a physical copy of gow for 60 euros instead of 80, and circumvented the whole 500 bucks to get 20 nonsense, do I get points too?

Last edited:

Ezekiel_

Banned
Looks like this is the games list for the campaign :

Stay x Circle of Life - Returnal
Baby I Love Your Way x Go West - Death Stranding: Director’s Cut
Mr. Jones x Regulate - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
More Human Than Human - Detroit: Become Human
Wild Night - Until Dawn
Streets of Philadelphia - Heavy Rain

Fortunately, starting all of these games shouldn't be too much of a hassle for those that are part of the PS Plus Extra tier, as they are all available to download.

Source : https://gamerant.com/playstation-st...-quest-challenge-music-answers-chord-machine/

Last edited:

You also have to take into account that these rewards differ from country to country, in my country, there are almost no points to earn and it takes 3 months to get enough points for one month of game pass.
i dont do the game challenges at all.

Aenima

What if I pre-ordered a physical copy of gow for 60 euros instead of 80, and circumvented the whole 500 bucks to get 20 nonsense, do I get points too?
You only get points fro buying from the PSN digital store, cuz retailers have they own reward points for physical games. At least the 2 stores where i buy my phisical games have.

trikster40

Just joined up, pretty cool. Hopefully those collectibles from September that were available to the Asian market one to americas.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I think like a year and a half also had a family accounts
Damn that's insane. How many accounts did you do it on lol.

Had to have like 12 accounts to do it on.

I can only do searches in my country, and no game pass quests at all.

I wish it was worth my time but it just isn't.

Well, it was if I could get so good rewards, but I don't.

nocsi

Nothing is popping in my account for the program, played a game for the october check-in, never triggered. It seems buggy af on launch

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Damn that's insane. How many accounts did you do it on lol.

Had to have like 12 accounts to do it on.

I can only do searches in my country, and no game pass quests at all.

I wish it was worth my time but it just isn't.

Well, it was if I could get so good rewards, but I don't.
Just mine and one other I’m in the US so I could make like $35 a month for doing searches and quests

trikster40

I can't get anything to pop in these. I've launched several games and nothing updates.
Yeah me either. Played some at Tekken 7 online, nothing. Launched all of the games with the 94 soundtrack, nothing. I was planning on picking up the TMNT collection anyway but not buying it until I know it’s going to work right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom