• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inXile Entertainment Hints at 'FPS RPG' for Xbox

Denton

Good, RPGs with the first/third person open world focused on narrative are my favourite videogames, and there are precious few of those. Last ones were...Kingdom Come, AC Valhalla and Cyberpunk 2077...

I am looking forward to Avowed, Fable and hopefully this one could be...Wasteland?

skit_data

The tweet reads more like a bitter post about not being allowed to make a FPS+RPG game

It’s obviously not but the way they formulated the tweet looks funny

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
You know there's always this fanboy laughing about any xbox related content.
re8M8ZH.jpg

Andodalf

Banned
Holy shit another rpg?

I thought they would be helping out with Outer Worlds 2. That's what fps rpg meant.
I see no reason they would be working with obsidian, who is perfectly capable on their own.

I’m also sure they’d want to work on their own Ip

My “shoot for the moon” dream would be for this RPG be set in Bas-Lag, the world in which China Mieville’s Perdido Street Station and it’s sequels are set.

Trust me when I say it would blow minds.

Buggy Loop

InXile = bought

I’m one of the few I guess who enjoyed the hell out of Tides of Numenera, but the game came at a time where chilling on the couch with a steam controller, reading absolutely good writing and exploring an exceptional world with tons of lore, was just right with my mood.

I kind of wish they would continue in this Numenera universe, it’s so diverse with billions of years of layers of technology/civilizations that even an FPS would fit in there no problem hehe.

Last edited:

catvonpee

If there is anything that you could bet on, its that this is not another Fallout. Im sure they want to work on their own IP, and much prefer working on Wasteland than Fallout, Brian Fargo only created Fallout because he couldn't work on a Wasteland sequel.
Yeah I will probably be dead by the time they make another Fallout game 😭

catvonpee

If it stays in the Bethesda corral it would be at least 10 years off. That's such a bummer and I hope Xbox does something to expedite a new Fallout game.

Vasto

At this point, I don't think Microsoft has any third person games except for Gears of War.

Confirmed:

- Starfield (from what the leaked screenshots suggest) is at least playable in 3rd person.
- Hellblade 2 of course.
- State of Decay 3 of course.
- Gears of course.
- Compulsion game's next ip is confirmed 3rd person.
- One of Inxile's games, as evidenced above.

Probably:

- Contraband
- Indiana Jones
- Literally all Shinji Mikami directed games are all 3rd person.
- Everwild (from the initial reveal it appeared that way)
- IO Interactives fantasy project for Xbox is rumored to be a 3rd person Diablo type.

Gravemind

Confirmed:

- Starfield (from what the leaked screenshots suggest) is at least playable in 3rd person.
- Hellblade 2 of course.
- State of Decay 3 of course.
- Gears of course.
- Compulsion game's next ip is confirmed 3rd person.
- One of Inxile's games, as evidenced above.

Probably:

- Contraband
- Indiana Jones
- Literally all Shinji Mikami directed games are all 3rd person.
- Everwild (from the initial reveal it appeared that way)
- IO Interactives fantasy project for Xbox is rumored to be a 3rd person Diablo type.

Fable will likely be 3rd person as well.

Barlow

“My thinking is that if I had a chance to make a game from the beginning to end that’s completely my vision, then definitely, that would be my big last project as a director,” he says. “It would probably be more fitting as that ‘last game I direct’ kind of thing.”
Who's to say he's even going to direct again?

Top Bottom