• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IO Interactive Announces Physical Edition Of Hitman: World Of Assassination (PS5 only and comes with a PS4 code as well)

HItman-WoA-Physical-Edition.jpg

image.png

Before anyone yells where's my disc!?!? This PS5 physical edition of Hitman World of Assassination comes with a disc while it will also include a PS4 version as a download code.
World of Assassination is basically all 3 past Hitmans in one package.

ZoukGalaxy

I'm suspicious with them, last time their Hitman 3 VR "physical edition" contained also a disc but required a download: the disc alone was totally useless.

I hope this is the complete game, with all the patches ON the disc for real with nothing to download at all.

Mad I See You GIF

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'm suspicious with them, last time their Hitman 3 VR "physical edition" contained also a disc but required a download: the disc alone was totally useless.

I hope this is the complete game, with all the patches ON the disc for real with nothing to download at all.

Mad I See You GIF
Hitman 3 VR was a download because you had to have the PS4 version to play PSVR. PSVR doesn't work with PS5 titles.

Gambit2483

Some of the best games (now game) ever.

3 was easily my GotY in 2021. TONS of content and replay value.
I love the replay-ability of each mission. Starting in a different section and/or with different gadgets/weapons almost make it feel like a new level entirely...almost.

Still, that's one of my favorite parts about this new modern Hitman franchise

R6Rider

Gold Member
I love the replay-ability of each mission. Starting in a different section and/or with different gadgets/weapons almost make it feel like a new level entirely...almost.

Still, that's one of my favorite parts about this new modern Hitman franchise
Doing special load out runs is a blast.

The fairly recent Freelancer mode is really good too.

ZoukGalaxy

Hitman 3 VR was a download because you had to have the PS4 version to play PSVR. PSVR doesn't work with PS5 titles.
Not, that's not the reason because on a PS4, the native PS4-VR physical version required also to download the game. The game is incomplete on disc.
That was just a lazy release, nothing prevented them to release a true PS4-VR complete release on disc.

xwO1S1U.jpg

That was from this url sadly now offline

Day One Patch
HITMAN 3 will require a day one patch for all disc users. The day one patch will be automatically applied to digital players. This patch will include access to the VR mode for PlayStation users and will include the remaining locations that are not included on the disc.

Check this old topic:

I perfectly remember this fiasco release and I skipped it because of all that ridiculousness, no point to buy a disc that cannot launch the game. I collect all PSVR physical (true) release.

Last edited:
Top Bottom