• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IO Interactive says the next major Hitman game is ‘a little bit on hiatus’

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

IO has told Eurogamer that fans can expect further experimentation with what Hitman can offer before the studio eventually begins work on a new mainline series entry.

“We have such a wonderful platform where we can keep experimenting with what the formula can do and what people expect of it”, said IO co-owner and chief creative officer Christian Elverdam.

“And then at some point, obviously, as any creative, it would be nice to then go in and say, ‘Okay, well, with everything we’ve learned, what would that be if we had to re-articulate a sandbox – what would that look like?'”

Elverdam added: “Right now a major, major new Hitman game: that’s a little bit on hiatus, as we’re building another agent fantasy that’s also taking up a lot of our time. But obviously we’ll come back to beloved Agent 47. He’s still very much in the heart of this company.”

Aren't they working on a 007 game? Hence why no new Hitman planned right away. Even the 007 project it looks like is still 2-3 years out.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Yea, the James Bond live service game, where you scrounge for garbage from defeated enemies to get a +.05 ice damage modifier to your silencer.
Was talking about the co-op fantasy game, but yeah, something like that.

Last edited:

YCoCg

They've been doing nothing BUT Hitman since 2016 and re-released and re-purposed the game multiple times to the point where it's now all under one game just called Hitman: World of Assassination, so yeah, they deserve a bit of a break from Hitman and I'm interested in seeing what they do with the 007 license.

mxbison

They've pretty much released the same (very good) game 3 times in a row now.

Time for something new, looking forward to it.

Top Bottom