• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming September 2016 | I don't have unlimited money

KuroNeeko

nothing better than Vainglory: online co-op, tight gameplay, compelling hooks.

it does require online though, which is the only downside there.

it's f2p so i suggest downloading it, and giving the Battle Royale mode a few tries. you'll likely need to take a few minutes to figure out the character you've been given for that round, but once it clicks it CLICKS.

i've been playing it exclusively, non stop for months at this point.

How is matchmaking? Is it pretty noob-friendly?

I played up until level 6 a few months ago on my phone (mained Catherine), and may DL it again on my newish ipad.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
How is matchmaking? Is it pretty noob-friendly?

I played up until level 6 a few months ago on my phone (mained Catherine), and may DL it again on my newish ipad.

Had some fun with Battle Royale, I should get back into it.

nice! glad to hear you guys enjoyed it. match making is super solid, nearly every fight is an intense push & pull for victory. i am rarely getting dirtstomped by super experienced players.

my one piece of advice: save all your currency until level 10ish. at that point you'll have enough to unlock a couple characters free (and i think the game will have given you a couple characters by now as well).

at that point you'll have played Battle Royale enough to really enjoy 1 or 2 characters. next step is to take them to Standard PvP mode when they are in the free rotation. you'll have enough team fighting experience now to hold your own and a little Q&A with me will help answer any questions you might have about the 'moba' mode. at that point you should buy the character you feel would be your 'main.' you'll have plenty left over for one more unlock when you feel it's time.

am_dragon

Downloading now!

Edit: anyone here back that Sword of Fargoal 2 kickstarter? My wife and I really like the first game, and I've been looking forward to the sequel ever since I found out about it. Unfortunately I didn't find out about it until after the kickstarter, but seeing as how late they are maybe that's a good thing, heh.

I know this is a back project for them- they have other jobs to pay the bills, but they've recently-ish released a more polished beta, so it's not a dead project. I emailed them today asking about it, hope to hear good news. Anyone else familiar with these games?

I played a lot of Sword of Fargoal. It was the first iOS rogue like I really enjoyed. I had no idea about the Kickstarter. I'll definitely keep an eye out for the 2nd one.

PittaGAF

Ifl by any chance you suffer from GLORIOUS-allergy and it bothers you, you may want to set your GLORIOUS-filter to maximum level when SteamWorld Heist is finally out.

Just saying.

awp69

Ifl by any chance you suffer from GLORIOUS-allergy and it bothers you, you may want to set your GLORIOUS-filter to maximum level when SteamWorld Heist is finally out.

Just saying.

Have the original Steamworld Dig and enjoyed it but never got quite hooked. That said Heist sounds a lot different and better.

Top Bottom