• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iQOO announced it will release "the king of gaming phones" on Dec 2nd. The 'iQOO 11 5G', Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, 3200x1400, E6 AMOLED, 144Hz.

iQOO hasn't detailed the iQOO 11 5G's specs sheet yet but touted it as the "king of gaming smartphones" in the media invite sent to us. We don't know what gaming features the iQOO 11 5G will have. However, the In-Display Monster Touch previously seen on the iQOO 7 Legend, iQOO 9, and iQOO 9T will likely be present.

That said, iQOO previously teased the iQOO 11 5G on social media as a smartphone with the "fastest refresh rate" and "powerful battery life." The iQOO 11 5G's leaked specs revealed the smartphone will feature a 6.78" 144Hz 1,440p screen and a 5,000 mAh battery with 120W charging. It might also have the vivo V2 chip onboard, which will debut on the vivo X90 series first.

SPECS
A recent report from 91mobiles in collaboration with tipster Ishan Agarwal have shared complete specifications of iQOO 11. Let us look at the specs of the phone.
As per the publication, the iQOO 11 will come with a 6.78-inch E6 AMOLED panel that will support 3200 × 1440 resolution, 144Hz refresh rate and a 300Hz touch sampling rate. Under the hood, the iQOO 11 will feature the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor. The SoC will be paired with latest LPDDR5X RAM and UFS 4.0 storage. It will also have a dedicated intelligent image and display chip.

At the back, the phone be equipped with a triple camera setup. A 50MP Primary camera with ƒ/1.9 aperture and LED flash, a 13MP Ultra-Wide-Angle lens with ƒ/2.2 aperture, and an 8MP Macro sensor with ƒ/2.4 aperture. Upfront it will get a single 16MP camera.

iQOO 11 will be backed by a 5000mAh battery and will support 120W fast charging. The device will be baked with the latest Android 13 OS with iQOO’s OriginOS 3.0 custom skin on top. Lastly, the handset will measure 164.8 x 77 x 8.5 mm in dimension and weigh 205 grams.
gsmarena_001.jpg

gsmarena_002.jpg

imagem_2022-11-22_213800546-700x394.png

imagem_2022-11-19_224248734-1024x577.png

iQOO is touting their new release as the "king of gaming phones" and while I'm n9ot sure if they are going to hit this they do seem to be trying.

6.7 inch E6 AMOLED display with 144Hz and a resolution at 3200x1400 is pretty impressive.

Having the Snap Dragon 8 Gen 2 puts it a few tiers above several of the top gaming phones recently including Sony's (though it doesn't have the dock)

it's light, has a quality camera, a 5000mah battery, and a 300Hz touch sampling rate.

Topping it off it has LPDDR5X Ram along with Android 13 with it's custom OS over it.

It definitely 5at first glance looks to be the "king of gaming phones" as they claim.

My issue is other than the price which they still haven't given out yet, is how much software actually supports and/or will take advantage of these specs? Its got an interesting looking design and clearly had power but you can get maxed out on many popular higher-end mobile games with a lesser gaming phone so it makes me wonder if they got any game developers to partner up with this device to showcase the massive difference and benefits of the 11 5G.

CamHostage

No trigger buttons, huh? I just can't imagine any gamer after played a Red Magic gaming phone with dual triggers turned and said, "Naw, I'm good..."

I guess there's a lot of play mechanics built into buzzing around the touchscreen tap-points in complex games and you could get used to it, but come on, they need a tutorial just to teach players how best to use your fingers in these games...

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I can't imagine there's an audience for this beyond rich nerds. I know the phone game market is quite huge, but I don't think there is that much overlap between people who would care about specs that much to buy this to get 144hz or whatever on candy crush.

mrcroket

I always thought that all the gaming stuff is just marketing (very good marketing indeed). Specially all the stuff related to the "professional gaming" but the truth is that you won't going to win at someone that is better player than you even if he is playing with a logitech m+k combo in a 60hz display.

Is way less credible in the smartphone world but no less absurd.

I can't imagine there's an audience for this beyond rich nerds. I know the phone game market is quite huge, but I don't think there is that much overlap between people who would care about specs that much to buy this to get 144hz or whatever on candy crush.

There seems to be a sizable niche involving various groups because many brands keep releasing gaming phones at various price points, and some seem to make a bigger deal of them then their normal phone line up.

I'm assuming several of these companies are making profits to an extent off these phones. Especially since several of them also release in countries you wouldn't think would be interested.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I swear Eddie be putting together some interesting threads based on some websites no one has ever heard of 😂

Last edited:
it's always funny when a new gaming phone is announced and doesn't have shoulder buttons... fucking weird

There's no time.

But seriously, probably because many of the popular games in the countries many of these originate from have no use for shoulders unlike some popular games elsewhere, so it makes sense. ZTE was aiming for local and overseas hardcore market, this seems to be aiming for everyone.

I swear Eddie be putting together some interesting threads based on some websites no one has ever heard of 😂

Gsmarena is one of if not the most popular phone listing site out there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom