• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iran thwarts drone attack on military site, state media report

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion

A loud explosion at a military plant in Iran's central city of Isfahan was caused by an "unsuccessful" drone attack, Iranian state media reported on Sunday, citing the defence ministry.

The announcement came amid heightening tensions with arch-enemy Israel over Tehran's nuclear programme. Israel says Iran is seeking to develop nuclear weapons. Tehran denies this.

Initial unconfirmed reports claim Israel is to blame and that the damage is much more extensive that Iran is willing to admit. Also various unconfirmed reports of small arms fire in some areas.

Will update when I can. It's Saturday night though. So don't expect up to the minute stuff. Beware of old videos being used as current information. Don't fall for BS.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Iran *claims* to have thwarted…cause there’s a lot video of explosions and fires out there
Yeah allegedly that is from the debris hitting non-critical infrastructure.

My bet? The truth is in the middle. They thwarted most of it, but had some key targets take major damage.

Kilau

Gold Member
Remember when the CIA "gifted" Iran a drone, fun times. Sure has helped them out in the drone department.

Thaedolus

Gold Member

Speculation to be sure, dunno what to make of any of this at this point, but would be really interesting if this really is a multinational attack

Nobody_Important

Speculation to be sure, dunno what to make of any of this at this point, but would be really interesting if this really is a multinational attack

I mean he isn't wrong for speculating that no one country would do this, but if there ever was a country that would act without worrying about it's safety it would be Israel. They know the world has their back regardless. Especially against a hostile state such as Iran.

While I loath what Israel does to the Palestinians, I have even less sympathy for the iranian regime, a proper cancerous entity that has poisoned the middle-east, and is trying to do the same in North Africa, through the ever-so-implicated in nefarious affairs, the corrupt generals of Algeria.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

I keep checking in, but I'm not seeing anything concrete from a decent source. I'm hearing everything from the internet being out across the country to armed attacks on police stations.

But not of it is confirmed. It's probably just random accounts throwing stuff out for clout and clicks.

Nobody_Important

Still nothing concrete.

This is either a huge nothing burger or somehow someway the Iranian government as well as the aggressors have found out a way to keep information from getting out. I honestly thought we were past that given the smartphones in every other hand, but maybe since it's Iran that doesn't apply? Idk. I just know it's fucking 1:45 almost, I'm 8 shots deep into this Vodka, and there hasn't been a damn thing worth noting pop up.

I thought the start of WW3 would be more exciting in the first 12 hours.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Well, if it is all real, it's the west basically slapping Iran on the nose with a newspaper and telling them to quit their bullshit. Which can only be a good thing. These backwards fuckers need to be shown what the reality of the military situation in the world actually is.

Quasicat

I know Iran, Russia, and Turkey met last summer to discuss ”things”. Turkey and Iran have hated Israel for a long time, but Russia now has a reason with Europe making a deal with Israel to use their recently discovered oil fields. Once Russia rebuilds after Ukraine, and the strained relationship between Israel and her allies, this could get interesting.

Tams

I know Iran, Russia, and Turkey met last summer to discuss ”things”. Turkey and Iran have hated Israel for a long time, but Russia now has a reason with Europe making a deal with Israel to use their recently discovered oil fields. Once Russia rebuilds after Ukraine, and the strained relationship between Israel and her allies, this could get interesting.

I'm no fan of Israel, to be clear.

They have been very careful not to get too involved in this so far. But... if it has anything to do with Iran... yeah, Russia should be careful what they do there as that's Israel's big red button.

Quasicat

I'm no fan of Israel, to be clear.

They have been very careful not to get too involved in this so far. But... if it has anything to do with Iran... yeah, Russia should be careful what they do there as that's Israel's big red button.
Exactly, plus we don’t truly know what Israel is truly capable of doing. The seven day war was a taste of what happens when every neighboring country tries to attack them, but that was in the 60s when Israel was in its (relative) infancy.

Well, if it is all real, it's the west basically slapping Iran on the nose with a newspaper and telling them to quit their bullshit. Which can only be a good thing. These backwards fuckers need to be shown what the reality of the military situation in the world actually is.
Or maybe it's the other way around with the west basically shoving their nose into matters that don't concern them? One thing I've learned about politics is that it's all about perspective. Let the Iranians develop whatever they want, they can't sniff the firepower the west has as you noted, so what's the problem?

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Or maybe it's the other way around with the west basically shoving their nose into matters that don't concern them? One thing I've learned about politics is that it's all about perspective. Let the Iranians develop whatever they want, they can't sniff the firepower the west has as you noted, so what's the problem?

You have an issue with the west punishing Iran for supporting Russia, do you?

And what the hell with you wanting Iran to do what it likes? It’s a terrorist state, run by scum. If your ‘perspective’ is different, then you’re part of the problem.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
There are reports (on Twitter) of more attacks and air raid sirens today too and it’s like…nobody knows who’s doing it yet?

Edit

Looks like WaPo and Forbes do think it’s Israel

Last edited:
Top Bottom