• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Firesprite's narrative adventure horror game an Until Dawn sequel?

Perrott

Gold Member
A88fitT.png

It's been over three years since Sony's UK studio Firesprite has been working on that's been described in job openings as a dark narrative adventure game with a branching storyline and genre-defining ambitions.

Codenamed Project Heartbreak, as we learned through an XDEV leak from 2022, this horror title is being developed for PS5 and PC and built in Unreal Engine 5. According to a recent report by Colin Moriarty, Heartbreak would be set in an island during contemporary times and feature a female protagonist (likely part of a larger cast of playable characters, I suppose).

Now we have another piece of the puzzle in our hands, as Jason Schreier suggests over on Reddit that Heartbreak wouldn't be a new IP.

Considering that Shinobi602 shut down speculation that Ballistic Moon's – the UK studio responsible for the upcoming Until Dawn remake – second in-development title, Project Bates, would be an Until Dawn follow-up, I now believe that Firesprite themselves are the ones that might have been working on an Until Dawn sequel all along.

Everything we know about Heartbreak – a horror narrative adventure with a branching storyline – kinda checks for an Until Dawn sequel that would swap the snowy mountain setting for an island this time around.

Looking at how Sony will be giving the Until Dawn IP a heavy push over the coming years – with both a remake of the 2015 original and a movie adaptation in the works – I wouldn't be surprised if this theory turned out to be accurate.

rTKIQnA.jpg

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Yeah, I knew they were staffing up for a horror game based on a pretty big existing IP a couple of years ago.

I don't know exactly what it was, but I got the idea it was aimed at a teen sort of market...

Top Bottom