• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is gaf traffic down lately?

Not sure if this is thread worthy, but I was curious. Maybe only EviLore EviLore knows. My perception of things is that threads are moving more slowly, particularly on the off-topic side. Anyone else notice this, or is it just something I seem to be seeing with no basis. (Maybe I'm online too much lately. :p)

I guess I'm posting this because I don't want to see gaf in any sort of decline. It's inevitable with all things, but I've enjoyed gaf so much over the years, and I hope that's not the case.

Catphish

Confused Ryan Gosling GIF

I don't know, I quite like the speed of activity here.

And remember, some of us have specific places we like to hang out more often. For example, I mainly hang out in the Backlog 2022 community thread, where I (and about 6 or 7 other people) shoot the shit about what games from our backlog we're playing.

I'm also not always in the mood to talk about the "meta" aspect of games, so often you won't catch me in any "What Games do you know of where you play as a father and son duo exactly 22.5 years apart on a rainy Wednesday night?" kind of threads. Also, console warring and "controversial" threads are pure garbage and a waste of my time, so I rarely (if ever) participate in those.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Oh man! What did he get banned for?

I interacted with him on a couple of posts where he seemed reasonable... Didn't know he was out there. I guess you never know what people are truly like or truly going through.
Not sure. Ban reason is vague, but he seemed all over the place with weird psychological threads. Who knows, maybe the guy is just high all the time.

Kimahri

Banned
I'm doing my part in the brunette and tits threads.
Sometimes I get the feeling those threads and their ilk are the only truly active threads on the site.

Which I don't mind, it's good to have some... positivity in your day. But it makes the off-topic section kinda off topic for work ;)

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Salty about what? He had a witty response that made me laugh.
To the best of my knowledge there are no secret mods. I have never been approached or approached anyone (on any website) about becoming a mod. I don’t even know what I would say if I was asked because I’ve never given it a thought. My goals and ambitions lie outside of the internet.

I’m just a dude posting on a website because I’ve too much free time on my hands.

If I were a mod though, your tag would say Funko Pop King of Michigan. :messenger_winking:

teezzy

Banned
To the best of my knowledge there are no secret mods. I have never been approached or approached anyone (on any website) about becoming a mod. I don’t even know what I would say if I was asked because I’ve never given it a thought. My goals and ambitions lie outside of the internet.

I’m just a dude posting on a website because I’ve too much free time on my hands.

If I were a mod though, your tag would say Funko Pop King of Michigan. :messenger_winking:

Could be conspiracy theory (I've flown too close to the sun), but I've heard that some mods here have both their standard user accounts and a mod account as well. That's just what I've heard though.

Also yes, dear lord, I loathe nerdy collectibles lol

KrakenIPA

How many of those are haxan7 haxan7 dick shitposts in Metagaf?
dick-shit posts look sooo much better in dark mode (not like ur avatar nush!)

I need to post more, I will soon have a lot more free time to post my low-tier garbage rather than lurk in the shadows! Emoji bomb detected.

Ionian

dick-shit posts look sooo much better in dark mode (not like ur avatar nush!)

I need to post more, I will soon have a lot more free time to post my low-tier garbage rather than lurk in the shadows! Emoji bomb detected.

You honestly that hurt by a Nush avatar?

WOW. This an account suicide? He barely posts any, haha. Dude knows his shit.

KrakenIPA

You honestly that hurt by a Nush avatar?

WOW. This an account suicide? He barely posts any, haha. Dude knows his shit.
I love Nush-posting but the first few times I tried to thumb away an eyelash off of my phone I ended up buying/downloading/deleting a Princess Gatcha game 3 times and removing my Password App in one fell swoop ✌☺ I'm more careful these days!

Javthusiast

Banned
Era will never implement the reaction system, cause that would mean hundreds of less replies in a thread saying the exact same shit.

So glad Gaf has it. No unnecessary clutter, somebody doesn't have to answer a long ass post if they don't have anything significant to say in return, but can still aknowledge having read it by a thumbs up etc.

Top Bottom