• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is microsoft hiding halo infinites campaign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I was surprised to see that halo infinites presence at E3 was all multiplayer related. The tid bits of campaign we saw amounted to a cut scene, and a panning shot that didn’t really show gameplay. Its easy to make the multiplayer look really good, as the size of the play space is smaller and there is less going on. Halo 2 anniversary had a similar disparity where the remastered multiplayer graphics were better than the remastered campaign graphics. Microsoft knows that the last time they showed the campaign, it was ripped to shreds, and basically fucked up their entire console launch, so i understand waiting until it can be shown in the best light possible. However, the holiday season isnt far away, and they still havent shown it, or given a release date. I wonder if the multiplayer will come out this year while the campaign is delayed to some time in 2022, or if they are just being extra cautious about what they show of the campaign and when they show it. Either way, november is only four months away. They need to say or show something soon.

elliot5

No. They're working on it. They can show a campaign trailer the month before launch. I don't see how that would be any different than if they showed it in June.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
They've shown the campaign. We don't need to see anymore outside of the odd preview in November/December do we?

I can't quite remember how the big Sony games were shown off but wasn't it like one gameplay trailer then one more in the release month?

I'd rather see one gameplay trailer and then have actual reviews or user opinions be like "this is so fucking good" to get me hyped over too many previews. Deathloop for example! I'm a fan or Arkane and I'm so ficking done with seeing that game and I haven't even picked up the pad on it yet.

I would be shocked if Halo is delayed until 2022. It would be terminal for xbox.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
The only reason people want, halo is the MP section. Showing the MP was great. The campaign needs graphic overhaul. And they cant prepare a demo for e3, as that will take time, from the campaign being ironed out. They want 100% graphic overhaul, and not show half assed product.

Either way, COD is the one that getting halo infinite announcement on hold. Once, we see COD trailers, expect tons of halo campaign ads.

I just hope we dont get cyberpunk2077 issues. Infinite would be my first halo experience. I suck at shooting in halo. Hope infinite fix's that for me.

Topher

Gold Member
Infinite would be my first halo experience. I suck at shooting in halo.

Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
They've shown the campaign. We don't need to see anymore outside of the odd preview in November/December do we?

I can't quite remember how the big Sony games were shown off but wasn't it like one gameplay trailer then one more in the release month?

I'd rather see one gameplay trailer and then have actual reviews or user opinions be like "this is so fucking good" to get me hyped over too many previews. Deathloop for example! I'm a fan or Arkane and I'm so ficking done with seeing that game and I haven't even picked up the pad on it yet.

I would be shocked if Halo is delayed until 2022. It would be terminal for xbox.
The problem with Halo Infinite is that they had such a bad response to it last time that they delayed the game a full year and missed the all important launch. That led people to believe that the campaign would either get a graphics overhaul or at least fix stuff like Craig and the dull visuals.

The fact that they have chosen not to reveal the campaign gameplay is a bit troubling. I remember Alex saying that they need to add ray tracing and while he got a lot of flack from gaffers at the time, I agreed with him because I realized that going back and just polishing the graphics wouldnt be good enough. They wouldve needed to change their rendering engine, scrap and redo their character models and add ray tracing to make the armor pop on both the brutes and the spartans. It doesnt look like they have done that. We have seen some polish in screenshots, but not a complete overhaul.

Which is probably why they didnt show the campaign because they know people will just pause the game and take another unflattering screenshot of craig despite how much better the game looks.

The problem with Halo Infinite is that they had such a bad response to it last time that they delayed the game a full year and missed the all important launch. That led people to believe that the campaign would either get a graphics overhaul or at least fix stuff like Craig and the dull visuals.

The fact that they have chosen not to reveal the campaign gameplay is a bit troubling. I remember Alex saying that they need to add ray tracing and while he got a lot of flack from gaffers at the time, I agreed with him because I realized that going back and just polishing the graphics wouldnt be good enough. They wouldve needed to change their rendering engine, scrap and redo their character models and add ray tracing to make the armor pop on both the brutes and the spartans. It doesnt look like they have done that. We have seen some polish in screenshots, but not a complete overhaul.

Which is probably why they didnt show the campaign because they know people will just pause the game and take another unflattering screenshot of craig despite how much better the game looks.

Isn't ray tracing supposed to offer accuracy at expense of image quality/performance?

How will it improve the way the game looks? Especially when Halo 5 looks stellar without it.

kingfey

Banned
Those little goblins are annoying to shoot at. The group attacks are worst. attacks from all direction, that depletes your shield fast.

I am used to stealth games, so those kind attacks are my weakness, since i am used to take advantage of tight spaces, and dumb AI.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'm a minority here as I only play Halo for the campaign.

TBH, my expectations are very low after Halo 4 and 5.

Topher

Gold Member
Those little goblins are annoying to shoot at. The group attacks are worst. attacks from all direction, that depletes your shield fast.

I am used to stealth games, so those kind attacks are my weakness, since i am used to take advantage of tight spaces, and dumb AI.

Then Infinite isn't going to be your "first halo experience"?

Ms could release the most breathtaking trailer that literally unzips your pants and gives you a blowjob…but people will always complain about it

polish and release with no fanfare

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Isnt that the old Jewish guy meme, who counts the money? out of all meme, you picked this one?

You could have picked something like this.
Come On Time GIF by Liverpool FC
its just a rainbow brite villain. lol I dont keep up with silly memes.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

Yeah good points. I think they were going for drs 4k 60 on series x so maybe they could push for 1440p with some raytracing.

I just hope its decent and they surprise us. They need a win for Halo.

Fbh

Absolutely.
Game was delayed a year after their demo turned into a meme, and on the event that everyone was expecting a big blowout showing the new and improved Halo Infinite all they had to show was yet another boring cutscene of Masterchief talking to someone.

I'm hyped for the multiplayer, which I'll definitely be playing. But I have zero anticipation for the campaign. Thankfully the only part of the game that'll probably be worth it (just like H4 and 5) is going to be F2P this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom