• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Naughty Dog definitively the best Sony studio now?

CashPrizes

I think they have been definitively the best Sony studio since Uncharted 2 launched.
1. Naughty Dog (Only game they have made in 16 years I did not like was Uncharted 3, Love 1 and 2 and 4 and both LOU)
2. Guerilla (I loved Killzone 2 and 3, and I prefer Horizons to God of War)
3. Sucker Punch (I like Ghost even more then Horizon, but not as big on Infamous, original was my favorite)
4. Insomniac (Ratchet is fine, Spider-Man is fine)
5. Santa Monica (I enjoyed God of War 2018, but really think the entire series is overhyped. And that series is all they do)

Last edited:

T0minator

No other studio has produced gameplay this smooth yet. Naughty Dogs MP game on an advance version of this engine will be amazing. Theres no other MP like it right now

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
This is like saying RDR2 is GTA3 with cowboys.

How can you look at TLOU2 and think of Uncharted 1 i'll never know.
TLOU is literally built on the foundations of Uncharted.
I wouldn't say it's a negative thing, the games are different but you can tell it's a ND game because of it.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
They are the best studio and that's why I generally don't have any interest in Sony first-party games.

I dunno, some people love that stuff, but then there's gamers like myself who play it for a bit and are like, "uhhhhhh, this is actually kind of shit...."

To each their own.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
They are the best studio and that's why I generally don't have any interest in Sony first-party games.

I dunno, some people love that stuff, but then there's gamers like myself who play it for a bit and are like, "uhhhhhh, this is actually kind of shit...."

To each their own.
BHsKs46.gif

YCoCg

Well, what’s the answer to the question: ‘Which Sony Studio has the most anticipated new game announcement?’
The answer of course is ND.
Naughty Dog: TLOU GaaS Multiplayer (Factions) and another re-release (TLOU 2)

Insomniac: Spider-Man 2, Wolverine, next Ratchet & Clank, patches for older games when they make engine improvements

Markio128

Naughty Dog: TLOU GaaS Multiplayer (Factions) and another re-release (TLOU 2)

Insomniac: Spider-Man 2, Wolverine, next Ratchet & Clank, patches for older games when they make engine improvements
Neither of those ND games you listed are new game announcements. When ND announce a brand new game, the forums will melt.

Markio128

BUT they are what Naughty Dog will be working on for the next few years. In that time Insomniac have multiple projects to look forward to.
They’ll be working on a new game unrelated to those you’ve mentioned, no doubt about it.

Top Bottom