• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Society finally REJECTING the Cancerous Cancel Culture? (African-Americans, GET ITT!!!)

KindlyPolishedBison-size_restricted.gif

It seems like historically no matter how crazy a sect gets, the rational majority will win out eventually, sometimes it takes longer than it should.

I could be wrong, but that’s just my feeling on it.

There have been so many false starts/misfires already with MeToo and Outrage Cancellation knee jerk reactions, sooner than later society has to take a deep breath and step back, right?

diffusionx

Gold Member
It seems like historically no matter how crazy a sect gets, the rational majority will win out eventually, sometimes it takes longer than it should.

I could be wrong, but that’s just my feeling on it.

There have been so many false starts/misfires already with MeToo and Outrage Cancellation knee jerk reactions, sooner than later society has to take a deep breath and step back, right?

You should read Taleb's book "Skin in the Game", that's not the way it works. To the extent the "rational majority" wins, it is by giving up enough to make the crazy people happy.

I don't see what would make these particular crazy people happy.

llien

The "new audio"

The craziest part of the story is how it was SHE who claimed he was physically abusing her.
Note that if we'd reverse roles, JD would be in prison by now.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
I'm not seeing it going anywhere. If you're living your life through Twitter to the extent many of these people are with thousands of Tweets made/retweeted the sunk cost bias on realising you've made a huge mistake is enormous. I don't imagine Twitter is necessarily going anywhere, in the short term, but in the long term it's probably peaked and it is merely a case of the interweb coming up with the next thing.

Last edited:

GV82

Hopefully we can only be so lucky.

The thing is Genuine stuff needs to be called out, which is fair enough but it needs full evidence from both parties and needs to be dealt with professionally not some mob groups on the Internet, but now most of it has descended out of control.

It could end up like the Boy Who Cried Wolf and eventually those who are in genuine need may be ignored then.

In the end chances are if you are a part or cancel culture and you are reading this be warned for eventually you will probably end up being cancelled yourself if you don’t change your behaviour,

basically knock it off.

Gargus

Banned
Let's see those show up on CNN or fox news and on the view and we then we can talk about it being rejected.

But no, it isn't being rejected yet. Postmillenial? What the hell kind of site is that? Might as well be on the onion.

Bigrx1

Banned
Cuz her face hasn’t had a shit ton of work done to it? Talentless Cunt.
Imagine looking like this and thinking you’re in a position to criticise another’s appearance

She didn't criticize his appearance - damn you guys just took the same bait. It's an outrage article based on lies and bullshit that spawned a massive call for her to be fired, but nobody actually watched the clip. She compliments his lip and says how attractive she finds it.

Last edited:

TUROK

Yeah, it tends to ebb and flow like that.

Society seems to be a constant push and pull of what's acceptable.

A social issue gets brought into the public consciousness, some people think the solution should be pushed really far, and then everyone else is like "calm yo tits" and it settles into something a bit more reasonable.

Not the first time we've been here and it'll won't be the last.

oagboghi2

She didn't criticize his appearance - damn you guys just took the same bait. It's an outrage article based on lies and bullshit that spawned a massive call for her to be fired, but nobody actually watched the clip. She compliments his lip and says how attractive she finds it.
well, so much for this stupid idea that cancel culture is being cancelled.

It will never go away becuase people like canceling someone they dislike.

Bigrx1

Banned
well, so much for this stupid idea that cancel culture is being cancelled.

It will never go away becuase people like canceling someone they dislike.

Yeah pretty much. I don't like Wendy Williams either actually but that example is good at showing how misinformation and clickbait articles can still create a giant cancel mob in 2020. That was just a few weeks ago the reddit thread had over 100k upvotes and was #1 on the front page. Petition to have her fired for doing, what she didn't actually do, had nearly 100k sigs

Last edited:
Top Bottom