• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Sony funding Ikumi Nakamara’s new studio, ‘Unseen Studios’?

Okami, Bayonetta and both Evil Within games aren't impressive?
they are very impressive. but, does that mean that everyone who had anything to do in any capacity with the creation of those games is worthy of having their newly created game studio financed? i notice you don't mention what, exactly, her contribution to those titles were. you have any idea? because i don't...

Last edited:

wipeout364

No this was only a small collaboration where she designed a handful skins for Watchddogs Legion. They paid her for that, and that's all.
What part of that is not a financial relationship? You think she did those skins for free, that’s beside you pointing out the wrong game in which those skins appeared. I think you need to think about what No means.

yurinka

What part of that is not a financial relationship? You think she did those skins for free, that’s beside you pointing out the wrong game in which those skins appeared. I think you need to think about what No means.
I think she visited several studios and probably she had some Bayonetta/Okami fans in whatever Ubi studio who was working on skins for the game and asked her a couple drawings like asking her an autograph and decided to include them as a small collaboration. Obviously I assume they obviously paid her something for it, not much.

As I remember she only designed a couple of skins during the period she was touring, I wouldn't call it a financial relationship during a few years.

The next Jade Raymond in the making, done very little, over hyped. absolutely not related to her being a woman and easy on the eyes, absolutely not.
The fact you think Sony could be investing millions in studios because "they are headed by women" is hilarious. I'm sorry.

You guys can't see an attractive woman and suddenly that's all they are, lmao.

NikuNashi

The fact you think Sony could be investing millions in studios because "they are headed by women" is hilarious. I'm sorry.

You guys can't see an attractive woman and suddenly that's all they are, lmao.

Time will tell when we see the metacritic scores for Haven and Unseen Studios games.

I don’t think this really means anything really. Unfortunately, I highly doubt Sony would even consider funding this particular studio for the “obvious” reasons. Imo, Sony could REALLY use more first party Japanese studios in their arsenal. She has some impressive games on her resume at least and who knows what she and Sony could do with a AAA budget and support.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Answered already in the thread:

If you want to know more about what she did:

Worked on Okami, Bayonetta, The Evil Within 1+2, Ghostwire Tokyo, E3 presentation made her a "celebrity" (thx to the simps) and now has her own dev team

She's like an instagram influencer showing herself with every game dev in any place of the world, not much else to add, she looks nice and all, but people overhype her as some sort of big game dev when there is no real reason yet

How do you know she's being overhyped? And just because she takes pics with devs means she's "like an IG influencer"? I don't get it. People with charisma get attention all the time. And she's worked on some great games in her life. Can she at least show us that she sucks, before we rip her like this?

Top Bottom