• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Sony shuttering Pixelopus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They updated their banner today and Ash/pixelopus was cut out in favor of Death Stranding/Kojima. There were also rumors sony was shuttering a studio.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Last edited:

AmuroChan

Pixelopus makes the most sense. Their games come and go and nobody really cares. It could be MM as well, but their studio head just became the first woman to receive a BAFTA fellowship. It would be bad PR for Sony to close them down. If nothing else, her being there gives the studio some prestige, even if they don't really make any games of consequence.

Last edited:
Pixelopus makes the most sense. Their games come and go and nobody really cares. It could be MM as well, but their studio head just became the first woman to receive a BAFTA fellowship. It would be bad PR for Sony to close them down. If nothing else, her being there gives the studio some prestige, even if they don't really make any games of consequence.

Its not media molecule

elliot5

PixelOpus has been active on Twitter recently liking/PRing for other Sony studios like MLB and Housemarque /shrug

Varteras

Gold Member
That Rythian dude has a horrible track record and tries to take credit for things other people already figured out. If you go through his tweets, the guy has more inside information on Sony than Jesus Christ. Like he's sleeping with Jim Ryan and while they cuddle Jim tells him every last thing going on. You should ALWAYS be incredibly skeptical of someone who always has deep information on a company like he does. Considering how tight of a ship Sony runs. He is constantly talking about who Sony is and is not in talks to acquire. Also, I've heard this guy used to run his own website. Fired everyone who worked for him, lied about all kinds of shit, and scammed his viewers out of money on supposed giveaways.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
That Rythian dude has a horrible track record and tries to take credit for things other people already figured out. If you go through his tweets, the guy has more inside information on Sony than Jesus Christ. Like he's sleeping with Jim Ryan and while they cuddle Jim tells him every last thing going on. You should ALWAYS be incredibly skeptical of someone who always has deep information on a company like he does. Considering how tight of a ship Sony runs. He is constantly talking about who Sony is and is not in talks to acquire. Also, I've heard this guy used to run his own website. Fired everyone who worked for him, lied about all kinds of shit, and scammed his viewers out of money on supposed giveaways.
Sound like my uncle.

Agent X

I hope not. Pixelopus has only produced two games so far during their brief existence: Entwined and Concrete Genie. Both of those games were very good.

From what we've seen so far, they seem like they're best applied to creating small- to medium-scale games for Sony. They don't need to churn out huge blockbusters like you expect from other Sony studios such as Naughty Dog or Guerrilla or Santa Monica Studio. It's good for Sony to have some variety in their lineup.

SLB1904

Banned
Never heard of Pixelopus. They've only made two low key indie games.

Pixelopus is a studio run by University students.
Is a small project that I don't know who thinks Sony is expecting them to make million. They ship their game in 2019.
Probably made more money then they ever thought they could.

People should refrain from making threads from nobody's twitter accounts.

nocsi

It’s Valkyrie entertainment. They didn’t renew their downtown Seattle lease and saw some people leaving their offices crying last week . Not the first Seattle Sony studio to die.

Anyways saw Gabe Newell show up in a van shortly after to collect the defunct workers. Surprised the news took this long

DarthPutin

Someone on reset made jpg of this guy's predictions and it was a total clown shoes. He's a definition of useless hype eater.
Now, the banner and inclusion of DS is interesting by itself...

Last edited:

CamHostage

Yeah. They were started as a tiny team of a handful of college students. Two veterans were put in charge of them. Team expanded to make Concrete Genie. Now last we heard they were partnering with Sony Animation and using UE5 to work on a new project.

The rumor was that they were making some kind of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse companion game. Would be a cool fit for them (and their creative energy would probably lead to a very different kind of game than Insomniac is making with Spidey 2,) but probably that rumor is bullshit.

It’s Valkyrie entertainment. They didn’t renew their downtown Seattle lease and saw some people leaving their offices crying last week . Not the first Seattle Sony studio to die.

That would be weird?
Sony only acquired them this December, and nobody talks about Valkyrie (first I had heard of the acquisition even) but they're a support studio for GoW Ragnarok and other games (most not by Sony; they helped on that Aliens Firethingydoo game a little while back, did some stuff on the first PS4 GoW and Valorant.) Their only original production was the little strategy game Guns Up, but as a support studio they have value and would be a strange thing to cut when there's never not some work to get done; that's why Sony bought them in the first place.

(Supposedly Valkyrie had original titles in the works too though? Maybe that's what happened, that in-development games got cut and with them maybe some lead-dev staff was let go, but them maybe the office is still up as the support projects keep quietly churning away?)

Last edited:
Just to give you guys an idea on how full of shit this clown is, he very recently claimed Insomniac has 7 AAA projects in the works and that 5 of them will release in 2023. He also just claimed London Studio has 4 teams.

More than that, he was a writer or a co-owner of jack of controllers. there was a big gigantic tweet thread about his "past". ranging from scamming fans of the site with contests, whoever won would get their money taken and if they bugged him or messaged him about the prize. which if not mistaken was for a nintendo switch. he'd block them, threats of firing employees if they didn't show up to work when demanded them to show up. and the list goes on and on, i would copy and paste the tweets here or send a link. Edit: nevermind they are back up, it's a long read but it gives more insight to this fake ass "insider"

⚡️ “Uncovering: Jack of All Controllers” by M MysticDistance https://twitter.com/i/events/1240747528141918210?s=20

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Holy fuck... another thread on this stupid banner image. Sweet jesus you guys. You're not making news you're just making rampant groundless speculation.

Media Molecule just put out a game that was extremely well-reviewed and my guess is they don't cost all that much. That they weren't involved in making Sackboy Adventures, suggests to me they're still focused on bigger and better things. Would be shocked if they closed them.

If this is at all true the obvious choice would be Bend Studio, which has underperformed for years. Pixelopus is like 14 people...

Varteras

Gold Member
More than that, he was a writer or a co-owner of jack of controllers. there was a big gigantic tweet thread about his "past". ranging from scamming fans of the site with contests, whoever won would get their money taken and if they bugged him or messaged him about the prize. which if not mistaken was for a nintendo switch. he'd block them, threats of firing employees if they didn't show up to work when demanded them to show up. and the list goes on and on, i would copy and paste the tweets here or send a link. Edit: nevermind they are back up, it's a long read but it gives more insight to this fake ass "insider"

⚡️ “Uncovering: Jack of All Controllers” by M MysticDistance https://twitter.com/i/events/1240747528141918210?s=20
Jesus Christ. I had no idea it was THAT bad. Yeah, dude is a total scumbag and based off that information I'm pretty sure we should ban him as a source. I normally don't like doing that but we shouldn't be giving any attention to this guy.

Corndog

Banned
Jesus Christ. I had no idea it was THAT bad. Yeah, dude is a total scumbag and based off that information I'm pretty sure we should ban him as a source. I normally don't like doing that but we shouldn't be giving any attention to this guy.
Don’t ban people, just learn not to take what they say seriously.

It's that BAD, I wasn't aware of his past until I decided to look a little deeper into his resume. when I read all that, I knew from the start that anything he says, or even mentions isn't real or should be taken at face value. which is why the OP shouldn't even believe or look at this guy's tweets because 90% its all bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom